CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wonder if that was just due to connection issues is Australia or did they send boxes everywhere.

It would've been cool if MS did this when H5 launched...

Servers are in Sydney so connection wouldn't have been an issue. It was the only event in Australia though, so I guess they figured they could spare a box for us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im curious, was monza a beast?

hard for me to tell since I don't play higher level players much (diamond +) but I think I may have won 1 1v1 against her. She was definitely on a different level compared to the round before the finals

It would've been cool if MS did this when H5 launched...

definitely. People were saying this after as well. Population may also be better if these existed before
  • Upvote (+1) 1

hard for me to tell since I don't play higher level players much (diamond +) but I think I may have won 1 1v1 against her. She was definitely on a different level compared to the round before the finals

definitely. People were saying this after as well. Population may also be better if these existed before

yeah it looks like archtype almost caught up but he was getting a ton of his kills stolen by her (was he sitting next to her?  :kappa: )

i agree - grassroots helps a competitive scene so much. ms store tournaments are fun

I might try to go to the doubles/4v4 in Connecticut if I can find a team. I can't play FFA i get too tilty

yeah I'm not sure how 2v2 / 4v4 will work when the number of players at each store is so low ... I guess maybe the idea is that you meet people at the FFA to team with for the later events

Saw all of LG -ninja +hoaxer running MM last night. Ninja retirement just makes sense at this point. Any news on a 4th?

yeah I'm not sure how 2v2 / 4v4 will work when the number of players at each store is so low ... I guess maybe the idea is that you meet people at the FFA to team with for the later events

I'd imagine they will also help match solo players together at those events.

Any New Jerseyans going to Wayne today for MS FFA?

Didn't even realize there was a store there. I'm pretty close. What time is it starting? Are you there now?

Any confirmation ninja is done? The rest of lg were playing matchmaking all yesterday

Someone asked in his stream yesterday or the day before and he said he wasn't sure if he was playing in fall pro league. Best we got.

Any confirmation ninja is done? The rest of lg were playing matchmaking all yesterday

Saiyan said Ninja is benched. He mentioned that Ninja is unable to attend Dreamhack Denver due to the fact that he has to attend Twitch Con and a Budlight event.

Didn't even realize there was a store there. I'm pretty close. What time is it starting? Are you there now?

I'm here. Are you? LMAO

Saw all of LG -ninja +hoaxer running MM last night. Ninja retirement just makes sense at this point. Any news on a 4th?

I've seen them run with rayne and also spartan and saiyan were playing together a few days ago.

Saiyan said Ninja is benched. He mentioned that Ninja is unable to attend Dreamhack Denver due to the fact that he has to attend Twitch Con and a Budlight event.

Clip?

lol only six stations at this thing, no monitors ... I also see a kid with a Beacon Esports shirt and MLG lanyard, uh oh

Makes sense. TwitchCon is the exact same days.

Well, Gandhi, DenialCEO, LenoxCG, FroznRay and many other not so relevant (anymore) for the community are VIP...but Knighty with his gold bar, +6000 posts, dedicated Halo fan, caster for official Halo events and...teamed with Ninja(!) is not a VIP. So maybe time to clean up the VIP-list at least. ;-)

shhh man dont poke the bear  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

With all of the salary and benefit obligations required by the overwatch league, it wouldn't be surprising if envy left the halo scene. Envy is already investing a lot of money into their league of legends and counter strike teams, which makes their exit from the gears scene more understandable, and their move to go all in with overwatch makes their involvement in Halo seem less financially viable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/894260034003247104

With all of the salary and benefit obligations required by the overwatch league, it wouldn't be surprising if envy left the halo scene. Envy is already investing a lot of money into their league of legends and counter strike teams, which makes their exit from the gears scene more understandable, and their move to go all in with overwatch makes their involvement in Halo seem less financially viable.

I feel bad for Hastro, he is making a terrible mistake sinking 20 millions in OWL, I'll understand it if he is planning on selling the spot to the highest bidder before the stocks drop.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Overwatch esports is almost as funny as Halo 5 esports and Blizzard is throwing even more money at it than Microsoft did the HCS. OW is a casual game with a vast majority casual audience. Anyone who's serious about competitive FPS games on PC will be playing Counter-Strike.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Overwatch esports is almost as funny as Halo 5 esports and Blizzard is throwing even more money at it than Microsoft did the HCS. OW is a casual game with a vast majority casual audience. Anyone who's serious about competitive FPS games on PC will be playing Counter-Strike.

Counterstrike is big in the West, not so big in Asia, where Crossfire dominates that market...

But Overwatch is big across the globe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Clip?

Ill get a clip when I get home from work. You can also try looking at Saiyan's rebroadcast from last night.