CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Late reply, but one problem I have with this line of reasoning is that a well-curated stream can be really welcoming and create a great experience for new players who are just discovering either the streamer or his/her content. Sub-only mode feels needlessly exclusive. In Ninja's case too, the mods tend to allow all kinds of hate and dishing on other players/teams and only purge things that are critical of the Ninj, which only contributes to the 'us-against-them' feeling and certainly doesn't help warm new people up to his community.

To be fair to Ninja though, he does get a disproportionate amount of hate and trolling in his chat, and that can be hard for even an on-point mod team to control when you get up to a few thousand viewers. So it's just the balance he's found for the stream that works for him.

Holy hell was that an actual insight instead of hurr durr "the mods are nazis"? Thank you. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think I have a total of 10 posts between Bungie.net to HaloWaypoint. I just never really liked the idea of company owned forums, they can control the message and dictate what is talked about. I'm not saying they do or did, but can't help but think it at times.

My Halo forum history: Team Xbox > Halo2Forums > MLG > The Halo Council > Beyond

Have some sprinkles of HBO, r/Halo, HaloGAF, etc in there too.

• Upvote (+1) 7

just think, if you had posted on neogaf, you could be running the hcs

I posted a fair amount about competitive Halo stuff on NeoGAF / HaloGAF years back ironically.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I have a total of 10 posts between Bungie.net to HaloWaypoint. I just never really liked the idea of company owned forums, they can control the message and dictate what is talked about. I'm not saying they do or did, but can't help but think it at times.

My Halo forum history: Team Xbox > Halo2Forums > MLG > The Halo Council > Beyond

Have some sprinkles of HBO, r/Halo, HaloGAF, etc in there too.

mine is HBO > H2F + MLG > beyond

it's crazy to think i spent 10 years on h2f and made over 30k posts

• Upvote (+1) 5

I guess you could say he really....

sketched out

edit: how do I downvote my own post

No worries, i got you:

IbJ2Eqn.jpg

That was painful because I do love a punny post though...

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Almost four years down the line, GTA V is still drawing big crowds. And players are dropping a lot of dollar on the game's ballistic online mode. That cash is filling up the safes at Take-Two Interactive. The distributor announced on Wednesday that the latest instalment in the GTAfranchise was key to it banking $418.2 million in net revenue over the past three months -- a 34 percent spike compared to last year."

We're not getting another gta for a long time man.

And i really hope they nerf air vehicles in the update

"Almost four years down the line, GTA V is still drawing big crowds. And players are dropping a lot of dollar on the game's ballistic online mode. That cash is filling up the safes at Take-Two Interactive. The distributor announced on Wednesday that the latest instalment in the GTAfranchise was key to it banking $418.2 million in net revenue over the past three months -- a 34 percent spike compared to last year."

Can you link that article?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That looks like the decimal is in the wrong place.....

Frankly, i dont believe it. Almost half a billion in a single quarter for a 4 year old game?  hogwash

• Upvote (+1) 2

We are just now talking about Sandbox changes. Jesus. Its almost close to two years since launch. Why are they dragging this process. Why tease us about it in this weeks update. Speed it up. 343 are just too slow esp compared to other developers. Gears 4 is already on its 10 TU and have started sandbox changes. This game still hasn't had any major changes except for the snipe and caster.

I love all the GTA Online stuff, but can't help but me mad they didn't do single player DLC because of it. Can't wait for RDR 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We are just now talking about Sandbox changes. Jesus. Its almost close to two years since launch. Why are they dragging this process. Why tease us about it in this weeks update. Speed it up. 343 are just too slow esp compared to other developers. Gears 4 is already on its 10 TU and have started sandbox changes. This game still hasn't had any major changes except for the snipe and caster.

You're forgetting about those Meta-changing warzone REQ energy level changes brotien shake.

Oh yeah, thats hella misleading.  Net revenue is from all of their franchises.  

"Of course, the likes of NBA 2K17, Mafia III, WWE 2K17, and Sid Meier's Civilization VI also did their bit to help out. But, seeing as GTA V vastly outsold those titles, it seems the open-world crime epic is still the kingpin at the Take-Two stable."

seems like they are making a pretty wild assumption based on the fact that GTA:V sold so many copies.... 4 years ago.

That looks like the decimal is in the wrong place.....

Frankly, i dont believe it. Almost half a billion in a single quarter for a 4 year old game?  hogwash

That's Take-Two's entire take across all their games. GTA was a big part. 268M is nothing to scoff at

• Upvote (+1) 4

just think, if you had posted on neogaf, you could be running the hcs

I posted a fair amount about competitive Halo stuff on NeoGAF / HaloGAF years back ironically.

Outperformed by a man with a diary smh

Ok.... so re-reading the community update:

"I’m sure most everyone knows this, but the term ‘sandbox’ is used to refer to the collection of weapons, abilities, and vehicles available in the game. The open-ended nature of the interplay, situational uses, and breadth of possibilities of these elements is what ultimately defines your Halo gameplay experience."

Maybe they are ripping out spartan charge entirely????

Personally, I think they described the whole sandbox in wide/inclusive terms so that people couldn't focus in on certain things

things like the AR being re-tuned and returned to comp play when the playlists merge

4v4 action going on tonight at UMG for those interested

do the settings include sprint :walshy: ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1