CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i hope they are smart enough to not do this. i know its the intention but the game is so much more fun to watch without them

Just when you think 343 is smart enough to not do something.....that's when they jump out and get you.

Low key 343 been working harder than they've ever worked the last 6 months trying to figure out how to get autos back into competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 8

16 teams!

:weback: :weback: :weback:

to be fair the tourney is 40+ days away and the team passes are 150 euros

FREE NA

• Upvote (+1) 2

"By next week I hope to be able to share the next level of detail and start to go into more specifics around weapons that are being tuned and what the impetus is for each change. We should also have the final details around when/where this will get rolled out and how each of you will be able to playtest and provide feedback to the team here at 343."

Am I the only one that read this and hoped that it meant they were tweaking the pistol?4SK PISTOL WITH REDUCED MAGNETISM MOTHAFUCKAS!! (Unfortunately unlikely but a man can dream)

HCS ARs INCOMING

They said they wouldn't put ARs back in HCS unless the pros wanted it so can people stop repeating this.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there any word on the team changes yet?

Definitely @@Towey best video yet, except for the bass on the music for the dreamhack establishing shots.

The twins actually seem happy again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"By next week I hope to be able to share the next level of detail and start to go into more specifics around weapons that are being tuned and what the impetus is for each change. We should also have the final details around when/where this will get rolled out and how each of you will be able to playtest and provide feedback to the team here at 343."

Am I the only one that read this and hoped that it meant they were tweaking the pistol?4SK PISTOL WITH REDUCED MAGNETISM MOTHAFUCKAS!! (Unfortunately unlikely but a man can dream)They said they wouldn't put ARs back in HCS unless the pros wanted it so can people stop repeating this.

And we all know in the past that they've said this and went ahead and did it anyways. 

I'm fully expecting them to be added to the HCS, if not as starting weapons then on-map pickups.

• Upvote (+1) 4

16 teams!

37d0e413a2.png

:weback: :weback: :weback:

We never do well for Halo tournaments, if we get 24 I'd be quite happy.

They said they wouldn't put ARs back in HCS unless the pros wanted it so can people stop repeating this.

What 343 says is meaningless when they constantly lie. Lets wait and see what happens.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Playing modes where the AR is still in place is so strange. I never use it even though I know if I miss 2 shots I'll lose to the worst AR player. But I'll be ok with it being an on map pickup if it's significantly nerfed. As in the pick it up if you have no ammo type of nerf

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will stop watching HCS if autos return to competitive, but I know the pro's will not allow it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lets make the BR, not a power weapon. 

If you mean make it the starting weapon, which i believe you do, I wholeheartedly disagree. Far too much autoaim and magnetism. If you mean remove it completely from this game, barring any 343 changes, I couldn't agree more. It has a role in this game as a middle of the map weapon like Coli, or a one-for-each-team weapon like Fathom. However, as the weapon exists now, I'd rather it didn't exist, as it is too easy to use. pistol>>>

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you mean make it the starting weapon, which i believe you do, I wholeheartedly disagree. Far too much autoaim and magnetism. If you mean remove it completely from this game, barring any 343 changes, I couldn't agree more. It has a role in this game as a middle of the map weapon like Coli, or a one-for-each-team weapon like Fathom. However, as the weapon exists now, I'd rather it didn't exist, as it is too easy to use

Think he means lets not make the BR piss easy to use as a pick up.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If you mean make it the starting weapon, which i believe you do, I wholeheartedly disagree. Far too much autoaim and magnetism. If you mean remove it completely from this game, barring any 343 changes, I couldn't agree more. It has a role in this game as a middle of the map weapon like Coli, or a one-for-each-team weapon like Fathom. However, as the weapon exists now, I'd rather it didn't exist, as it is too easy to use. pistol>>>

I'm in line with this post. 

Keep BR/DMR as power weapons and even add AR to test it out. But for the love of god keep Magnum the only starting weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"And it’s important to note that this is all players – not just a competitive thing –once finalized, these changes will be updated throughout the entire game."

Never assume competence. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

"And it’s important to note that this is all players – not just a competitive thing –once finalized, these changes will be updated throughout the entire game."

Never assume competence. 

That's a good thing isn't it? I don't want weapons to behave differently between Warzone and HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm open to testing anything out.

I see no reason why a properly balanced AR couldn't be reintroduced.

I'm interested to see what kinds of changes to weapons they were able to make to reduce redundancy. It seems like they game was developed around the idea that range and fire rate is all that separates guns in the same class. How could they possibly remove that ideology this late in the game?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Am I the only one that read this and hoped that it meant they were tweaking the pistol?4SK PISTOL WITH REDUCED MAGNETISM MOTHAFUCKAS!! (Unfortunately unlikely but a man can dream)They said they wouldn't put ARs back in HCS unless the pros wanted it so can people stop repeating this.

But remember the pros "wanted" Breakout.