CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Which is EXACTLY what the rule. It is MLG's job to promote the event, which is what they're doing, using every tool accessible. Thats not unethical, thats good business.

How many times have people commented on the fact that Pro Players need to host tournaments in Halo, or host live streams, or promote the events? Countless. Why is it suddenly a crime for the TO to require that its done?

Does MLG actually say "tweet the event out or forfeit?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we please stop calling it LAN when it isn't?

I like to call it "LAN".

There's a clear divide between them, like a barrier.. Fence kinda thing? What's it called?

Dunno, ask @@The Donald

my guess is that they don't. I have a sneaking suspicion that OG is out of Halo after this season of Pro League. 

LOL

Hecz doesn't like to drop people he's become close to. Just look at Maniac as an example.

I can't see Hecz dropping Halo because he's close to the players on the team.

He's not dropping Halo because 1) they're winners (inb4 "they got second lulz") and 2) they have @@LethuL.  The most marketable player on the team, personality wise.

If the server everyone is connected to is local, it's LAN. LAN does not mean "only direct connection between machines (Xbox system link)." It's any type of local network. If you bring the dedicated server locally, then it's LAN. I believe main and feature stage at ATL were LAN.

Maybe not traditional LAN via direct connection to a router or other console, but pretty sure it qualifies as LAN. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Technically sure the network they are communicating directly on is local but in the more pragmatic, console-centric use of the word, its not LAN, its "LAN".

The rule in question:

• Teams and Players will be required to promote their Matches. Promotions may include, but are not limited to posts on social media platforms (e.g., Twitter and Facebook). Each promotional post must include URL link(s) to the broadcast, and must indicate that the post was made at the request of the Administration. The Administration will provide disclosure language.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Oh, I actually agree with the dress code but requiring teams to promote the event on MLG's failing platform is where I draw the line. It's MLG's job to promote the event and requiring teams to do it instead or risk forfeiting matches is sad. The event would promote itself if it was on Twitch.

Be careful with anything against MLG in this Forums. We like to suck that d pretty hard.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

too vague but there are awesome "penalties" for teams who refuse to conduct interviews DURING matches in between games. 

Be careful with anything against MLG in this Forums. We like to suck that d pretty hard.

they have done a really fantastic job attracting LESS viewers than The Dr. for their biggest events. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The rule in question:

• Teams and Players will be required to promote their Matches. Promotions may include, but are not limited to posts on social media platforms (e.g., Twitter and Facebook). Each promotional post must include URL link(s) to the broadcast, and must indicate that the post was made at the request of the Administration. The Administration will provide disclosure language.

Seems stupidly unnecessary.  Any Org worth their salt will be doing this already.  Are all players on a team required to as well?  They have other shit to focus on (that that it takes much focus to drop a tweet).

Lol sending a tweet or making a Facebook post is such an effortless task. Why would anyone be opposed to promoting their matches?!?!? It benefits their own brand and career.

Many players promote their own matches anyway.

Faux outrage is the best kind.

• Upvote (+1) 4

they have done a really fantastic job attracting LESS viewers than The Dr. for their biggest events. 

I remember seeing peak viewership, just on twitch, for Season 2 CWL Playoff Finals around 40k, and I didn't even check on MLG.tv. Maybe you meant attracting viewers on MLG.tv only? I'm pretty sure all of CoD's viewership has been greater than the Doc's highest peak viewership (which I think is around 40k or so) for their biggest events. And since we're on a Halo forum....Ninja gets double what Halo does for most events while he streams PUBG, which is just pathetic. 

Also, was just listening to Lirik's stream in the background while at work and someone asked him about Halo. I think I clipped it pretty well, but haven't rewatched. Seems to have a tough opinion on Halo, as most big streamers do, even if they like the game or what it used to be.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyTardyGaurRaccAttack

In what way is it more or less charity than giving the money straight to the NA scene? Neither is anywhere near close to making money, 'growing' the NA scene (i.e. pumping money into it with little to no return) is the same thing as growing any other part of the scene.

Not to mention it's $25k... which is like a fraction of the last NA event. To put it in perspective, there was more money given to teams placing outside top8 at Atlanta than there will be total prize money given at this event.

It's not even about the money. European players have banned the best from competing - it lowers the legitimacy of the tournament. 

It's not even about the money. European players have banned the best from competing - it lowers the legitimacy of the tournament. 

Isnt it a qualifier tournament for Denver though?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember seeing peak viewership, just on twitch, for Season 2 CWL Playoff Finals around 40k, and I didn't even check on MLG.tv. Maybe you meant attracting viewers on MLG.tv only? I'm pretty sure all of CoD's viewership has been greater than the Doc's highest peak viewership (which I think is around 40k or so) for their biggest events. And since we're on a Halo forum....Ninja gets double what Halo does for most events while he streams PUBG, which is just pathetic. 

Also, was just listening to Lirik's stream in the background while at work and someone asked him about Halo. I think I clipped it pretty well, but haven't rewatched. Seems to have a tough opinion on Halo, as most big streamers do, even if they like the game or what it used to be.

well he isn't wrong. 

Isnt it a qualifier tournament for Denver though?

Sure, but it's still not kosher. 

what's pathetic about Ninja's viewership? PUBG is amazing to play and watch and Halo isn't

and just what game will Optic Halo be competing in? H5 still? I mean, I guess if Microsoft wants to keep shelling out prize money for dead franchises like Halo and Gears then that's their call. With how big PUBG is getting I'm kinda of shocked that Hecz hasn't made a play for that. Also, with all the professional sports franchises getting into OW, CS (don't know if this is confirmed yet but it's coming), League, and DOTA, it wouldn't surprise me if Optic is moving to Dallas to partner with The Cowboys.  

I don't see PubG/H1Z1 becoming a big esport. I find it hard for battle royale games like that to become competitive just because of how many people and you really can't predict how a player will play because everything that happens in those games are really random. 

well he isn't wrong. 

Never said he was. In fact, I agree fully with him. 

what's pathetic about Ninja's viewership? PUBG is amazing to play and watch and Halo isn't

Miscommunication. Not pathetic that he pulls those viewers, although he's not my personal taste, it's pathetic that a relatively smaller (in the grand scheme of streamers, like TimTheTatMan, Lirik, Summit, Doc etc.) streamer can pull roughly double the peak viewership of an Xbox exclusive flagship franchise's tournament/pro league viewership. That's the pathetic part. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i dont understand your constant negativity any time someone mentions mlg. what has esl done to garner mass support? mlg ran halo at a level above what we have now and continues to run games at a high level. at what point is wanting the TO who helped shape competitive halo into a name that 343/esl cling to as they struggle to run a decent event counts as "sucking their d". forgive us for wanting something better than the shitshow we have now

THANK YOU

I'm glad somebody agrees with me.  I am not a fan of 1 life games in general.  

unless it's breakout  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

How do games like PubG and H1Z1 work when you die? Do you sit out for the rest of the round? That seems like it would take a while. Do you just hop to another server?

How do games like PubG and H1Z1 work when you die? Do you sit out for the rest of the round? That seems like it would take a while. Do you just hop to another server?

You can leave at any point and join a new game once you die.

You can leave at any point and join a new game once you die.

Yeah its annoying as fuck.  90% running.  Shot in back dead. leave game and re-queue.  For most players, there is a hell of a lot more running and queueing than there is gameplay.  Boring AF