CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The idea that the community as a whole "seems to be ok" with sprint is BS and you know it. If that's the impression you get because people aren't repeating the same shit over and over on a forum 343 doesn't even particular on, then I don't know what to tell you. That's definitely not the impression they are getting. They know how we feel. I'm done talking about it.

But don't you like beating dead animals?

• Upvote (+1) 5

If all we did was talk about sprint I wouldn't visit here

Btw what do you guys pay for rent?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is the difference between Halo Worlds 1 where it was a $2,500,000 payout and 50% of the teams were non-NA with guaranteed spots over NA...and now where less spots are being given out to non-NA with less money?

This has been a problem with HCS since Halo 5. 343 is trying to branch out to other countries when the USA scene is still piss poor. Extra NA spots will fuel the competitive Halo scene exponentially over spots given out to other countries with a total of 5 or 6 teams, hate to offend some people.

So for Atlanta they put the EU teams in the champ bracket because the open bracket served as relegations. But why we're international competitors allowed to play in the open bracket at Atlanta if it was for NA relegations and if somehow they qualified for pro league, those players would be ineligible to play (if I'm remembering the requirements properly).

I'm all for allowing international competition, but it seems there reasoning conflicts itself

So for Atlanta they put the EU teams in the champ bracket because the open bracket served as relegations. But why we're international competitors allowed to play in the open bracket at Atlanta if it was for NA relegations and if somehow they qualified for pro league, those players would be ineligible to play (if I'm remembering the requirements properly).

I'm all for allowing international competition, but it seems there reasoning conflicts itself

I've stopped trying to figure out the reasons behind how 343s tournament structure is decided. After the disasterous seeding arrangements during the World's qualiferiers I've concluded that they hate logic and they keep supporting my theory.

The decision not to allow NA players in the EU tourney at all was nothing more than a massive overcorrection to the fuckup that was DH seeding.

Why they still don't realize that groups would - 1) allow top international teams to get better experience 2) avoid compromising the integrity of open/relegation brackets 3) make sure the best teams make the champ bracket and 4) improve day1 streams - is beyond me...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Logan getting that free money! Licensing vids is so profitable. Got $300 for licensing a vid I made a few years back for a relatively unknown show on truTV. 

Also for those who are fans of Dodson's editing (like me) be sure to watch his vids with Team Liquid's CSGO team as he is 1UP's video editor. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing I forgot and others might have as well. London is September 15-17. NA pro league day 5 & 6 is September 20 & 21. They still have pro league to play a few days after the event.

The point of hcs london is to revitalize a dead scene. People here are being deliberately obtuse when it comes to this. Mlg would do the same thing

Where do you stand? Or do you just take make sweeping judgements for the sweet +rep?

Your entire post is whiny and stupid. If i cared about rep i would be making safe bandwagon posts like most of this board. I can honestly say theres only a handful of people that actually like halo and have their own opinions to post here. By all means keep defending a player that gets 15+ deaths every slayer costing his team though.

If you cant see how competing in two tourneys the same weekend is selfish than i dont know what to say. It cut into practice time for both teams (just like before worlds where ninja had the cw tourney and lg halo couldnt practice), and at dreamhack, ninja missed a full game which cost his team points. Even if the schedule worked out and he made it, he was lucky lg halo got eliminated on saturday because there was overlap on sunday for both games.

It's doing a disservice to both teams, and it's even dumber for ninja since hes elite at pc and can make far more money there. Comparing that to NA teams eanting to go to europe is silly.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can't believe I'm saying this but I genuinely HOPE a lot of Halo pros will switch to CoD after Dreamhack Denver. I mean, CoD is going back to its root, we'll have MLG, we will never have to deal with 343 again. Yes, it will be a shitstorm for orgs but I'm sure they can work it out. I'm so tired of coming here to see what's happening with Halo and there's always something bad happening. I cannot think of anything we were legit happy about in a while...

Just my 2 cents.

I doubt you would see a pro Halo player on a pro CoD team outside of Huke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The point of hcs london is to revitalize a dead scene. People here are being deliberately obtuse when it comes to this. Mlg would do the same thing

I don't see how revitalizing a dead scene and having sensible and inclusive tournament structures are mutually exclusive concepts.

100% stuck his leg ^

It did look like it split into two tho like one on the leg and one on the weapon after dropped

• Upvote (+1) 1

none Halo pro I saw playing OW was good enough to consider this.

Kephri is an exception and even he isn't really tournament material.

Also on the yt content thing, surprisingly OW yt content is super successful

Depends on the individual, if they like the game and how much they put into it but i dont think theyd transition poorly.

(This goes for any shooter)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they also go undefeated before they dropped someone for Tufoxy? Or was it just that they beat tufoxy/jimbo's team then signed tufoxy and later jimbo?

Yeah the OG FabE were undefeated but still decided to drop Snakey for Tufoxy and then Jimbo for Kimbo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I forgot that the London event has only 32 teams. For me, this fact sort of justifies them not allowing NA because of what Quadios said about it. Hopefully this is a one off case where the number of teams is capped.

• Upvote (+1) 3