CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The even more logical idea in that scenario is to combine the 2 pools and make it an open that pays out more than top 8.

This. 

I think we'll see a lot of players attempt to make the switch to CoD much like after AGL folded in 2013.

remember when the hcs was supposed to save us from those days?

So in the event that the HCS is dropped after Denver...(offseason speculation, lemme indulge)

Is that a serious rumor? 

What if one or two NA players wanted to play with Europeans like we've seen Flamesword, Enable, Ninja and others do in the past?

For the record I have no major issue with EU events excluding NA teams or EU teams being included in the top 16 in Atlanta, but if they have their own LAN they absolutely should not be given byes into the Denver top 16.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The even more logical idea in that scenario is to combine the 2 pools and make it an open that pays out more than top 8.

This.

For next time? Absolutely

For HCS London? Same problem. EU pros miss out on prize money. Not enough incentive there for them to not veto NA teams this time around unless they have guaranteed money to play for. (i.e. split prize pool)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is that a serious rumor? 

Just speculation based on the fact that H5 is still declining and H6 is a year out.

I don't think that will happen, though I wouldn't be surprised if they scale the HCS back a bit or cave to popular demand and do H3 on Xbone for Spring/Summer 2018. I think they at least understand that reviving a completely dead scene (such as when HCS first began) is a lot harder than bringing new life into a smaller existing scene (such as the first worlds season for H5).

Apg is miles better. Hes been a 4th-6th player the majority of h5 and was arguably the 2nd best on all thise teams. Ninja has been a liability on every team hes been on. His stats in scrims preATL were abysmal. It was clear he couldnt do pc and halo at the same time.

It was selfish to both halo and h1z1 teams

Ninja has been a liability on every team? based on what exactly? I've watched him scrim and play in pro league and, yes his decision making was at times head scratching and other times down right infuriating. But he's also literally won game 5's for his pro teams in Pro League. Based on what are you making this sweeping judgement? That he's been a pro player for the entirety of H5? Maybe he wasn't always a team's first choice, but he never dropped down into AM, and always ended up on a Pro Team. I'd wager the actual H5 players are a better gauge of the talent of their peers and would consistently pick up a "liability" as you put it.

Secondly, selfish how?

He's good at both games, and if either game ever truly conflicted, it's on his teammates and LG to step in and discuss that with him, and that possibly could be what is happening now. (with the rumor that he's retiring/getting dropped)

How can you in 1 post say that NA players are being selfish for wanting to play, when the reasoning for them not being able to is literally out of their hands (343 decision that many don't agree with) and in the same breath say it was selfish for Ninja to compete in two games that his org. deemed him good enough to compete in?

In one, you're blasting the players for wanting an opportunity they aren't getting. 

In the other, you're blasting a player for taking an opportunity given to them.

Where do you stand? Or do you just take make sweeping judgements for the sweet +rep?

• Upvote (+1) 3

For next time? Absolutely

For HCS London? Same problem. EU pros miss out on prize money. Not enough incentive there for them to not veto NA teams this time around unless they have guaranteed money to play for. (i.e. split prize pool)

That's just why asking the pro players this question is an absolute joke. It would take immense competitive integrity to not ban NA players because the question is essentially "Do you want to make more money? Yes/No."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just another reminder that NA relegation matches weren't shown at an NA tournament so EU guys could get on stream.

Probably a whole page in Tashi's bullet journal dedicated to this decision. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can the best EU even beat a top 32 NA team ?

Did any EU teams beat any NA teams at ATL? 

Ninja has been a liability on every team? based on what exactly? I've watched him scrim and play in pro league and, yes his decision making was at times head scratching and other times down right infuriating. But he's also literally won game 5's for his pro teams in Pro League. Based on what are you making this sweeping judgement? That he's been a pro player for the entirety of H5? Maybe he wasn't always a team's first choice, but he never dropped down into AM, and always ended up on a Pro Team. I'd wager the actual H5 players are a better gauge of the talent of their peers and would consistently pick up a "liability" as you put it.

You know this isn't true. He has weaknesses just as any player but he also contains something most players do not - the innate ability to take over an entire game. His aggression and power weapon control can rival the best at times. Is he the smartest player? No, but far from someone who is always making the wrong decision. The reason people give him so much crap is because he is under a microscope. If Shotzzy got a consistent 5k viewers for years and years - we would doubt him a lot too. People make mistakes. There is no player in the history of Halo who hasn't blown a game for his team or choked so bad they wanted to go curl up. Even the great Ogres had those moments.

On the topic of losing to Diamonds in MM - HCS Diamonds play a lot more than the Suddoth twins lol. Diamonds/Onyxs can shoot fairly well in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's not that he's ok with it that I'm talking about. I'm talking about how he feels the community as a whole seems to be ok with sprint now because the complaints have largely stopped.

343 knows a large part of the community dislikes sprint. That much is obvious based on the continous alterations they've made to the mechanic in order to attempt to solve the issues the community has raised about sprint.

The problem, as pajamas pointed out is that that beating drum of sprint complaints has dried up. This gives off the impression that they've "fixed" sprint in H5.

The idea that the community as a whole "seems to be ok" with sprint is BS and you know it.

If that's the impression you get because people aren't repeating the same shit over and over on a forum 343 doesn't even participate on, then I don't know what to tell you.

That's definitely not the impression they are getting. They know how we feel.

I'm done talking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 8