CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

-EU didn't get a prize pool last season due to poor planning

-ESL realizes EU needs a LAN, lets them get a free pass to the money at ATL, collapsing the EU/NA pools into one single prize pool

-EU goes 1-18, showing they are not up to par with NA teams, but still get some cash, pissing off a lot of the AM community who really should have got into champ bracket

-HCS London gets announced, giving EU a route to DH Denver 

-EU players make it an EU only event because, hey, they just saw how dominant NA is, and they actually want to make some cash. Completely understandable.

ESL or whoever is making these decisions, are very literally creating their own problems over and over again.

If HCS London gives EU spots in the champ bracket, I can't imagine the shitstorm in the AM community. Giving them spots is fine, after all they're already being screwed by not having their own finals.

But they should have to fight their way in from the open bracket, no question.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The even more logical idea in that scenario is to combine the 2 pools and make it an open that pays out more than top 8.

I disagree. Then we run into the issue of EU not getting any payout at all (most likely).

I love the EU scene, but the only team I think could get top 8 globally against NA teams without an invite is maybe FABe.

Why is Tashi flexing on Instagram like he's done a single goddamn visible thing to improve the HCS?

7e72ff587071bbc15589c58a96b360e7.png

Look how much work I accomplished guys: 

5190692-albert-einstein-messy-desk-quote

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I disagree. Then we run into the issue of EU not getting any payout at all (most likely).

I love the EU scene, but the only team I think could get top 8 globally against NA teams without an invite is maybe FABe.

I'm basing that wild thinking off A - Top 16 getting paid, B - I cant foresee that many NA teams outside of Top 8 turning up because of flights/accommodation etc

Can I still ask when OpTic plays in the twitch chat for the EU event? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yup they were undefeated. Probably take Tufoxy a while to warm up in H5 again

Did they also go undefeated before they dropped someone for Tufoxy? Or was it just that they beat tufoxy/jimbo's team then signed tufoxy and later jimbo?

In Starcraft it works because the non Koreans are more watchable and people prefer to watch the foreigners than to watch no face Koreans. In Halo people prefer to watch NA over EU so the most skilled players are the most popular ones.

I dunno, this was true in some cases but not always (MC is more popular than Nerchio) and viewership was pretty high for both formats, depending on the context ... I think the main idea was to help the EU / NA scenes build up more effectively.

Anyway you're right that EU Halo is not popular, at all; I watch a LOT of Halo 5 content and literally cannot remember the last time I watched anything EU-related (Jimbo's stream a few months ago?).  LATAM should be given a shot, I think

Seems like the events should be open and if you're top 8 (or whatever is healthy) you get paid. Who cares where you're from. I mean they could just call it the EU AM circuit and EU AM league so that the actual good teams won't go take their money if they really want but its getting silly how hard they try to protect those players pro status by stopping the pros and amateur players from other regions attending because they're better 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno, this was true in some cases but not always (MC is more popular than Nerchio) and viewership was pretty high for both formats, depending on the context ... I think the main idea was to help the EU / NA scenes build up more effectively.

Anyway you're right that EU Halo is not popular, at all; I watch a LOT of Halo 5 content and literally cannot remember the last time I watched anything EU-related (Jimbo's stream a few months ago?). LATAM should be given a shot, I think

MC was an exception, but let's say a Final with Idra vs Jinro in their prime was the hypest thing ever. Or a game between Idra and Huk in their classical Liquid vs EG

• Upvote (+1) 1

Soooo NA is too OP so they got banned to go to HCS in EU to compete? ......seriously?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So in the event that the HCS is dropped after Denver...(offseason speculation, lemme indulge)

Do we uh, go back to H3? Do we use MCC or the OG H3 (which would be more accessible now that back comp is a thing that will be happening)? I think it'd be cool to see a community-run league, even if prize pools are way lower. Plus, people would actually play a game they enjoy!

One has to wonder why HCS London wasn't just used as the EU finals. This is a controversy that never needed to be created. Bullet Journals are obviously working. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So in the event that the HCS is dropped after Denver...(offseason speculation, lemme indulge)

Do we uh, go back to H3? Do we use MCC or the OG H3 (which would be more accessible now that back comp is a thing that will be happening)? I think it'd be cool to see a community-run league, even if prize pools are way lower. Plus, people would actually play a game they enjoy!

I think we'll see a lot of players attempt to make the switch to CoD much like after AGL folded in 2013.

• Upvote (+1) 2