CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You think pajamas opinion is new? There's always been people who like or dont mind sprint in halo...

For the past 7 years the competitve scene had been overwhelmingly against sprint, as has a large portion of core and even casual fans. So has a decent portion of the dev team.

They didn't keep sprint because Halo fans are open to their idea. They did it because they convinced themselves that shipping a FPS w/o sprint would isolate them from a valuable portion of the market. Pajamas comment or comments like it have no bearing on a decision that they based 100% on false analylitics.

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but what are people's thoughts on movement speed being dependent on weapon in hand. Similar to CS. Faster with pistol, slow with rockets/snipe etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja is the reason I'm into competitive Halo. I think a lot of his haters are just bitter they're not as successful as him. I've watched hours and hours of his stream and he's definitely in my opinion a stand up guy. He's, charismatic, works incredibly hard and is full of confidence.

He brought a lot of viewers to the HCS and I think he'll be sorely missed.

He was easily the most entertaining streamer to watch during scrims. Watching him rage after trying to do everything on his own and getting averaged, or shitting on someone and giving some hilarious smack talk.

See ya Ninja, I hope Halo 6 reverts to classic Halo gameplay and you comeback and bring Summit and the Doc. (A man can dream). 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You think pajamas opinion is new? There's always been people who like or dont mind sprint in halo...

For the past 7 years the competitve scene had been overwhelmingly against sprint, as has a large portion of core and even casual fans. So has a decent portion of the dev team.

They didn't keep sprint because Halo fans are open to their idea. They did it because they convinced themselves that shipping a FPS w/o sprint would isolate them from a valuable portion of the market. Pajamas comment or comments like it have no bearing on a decision that they based 100% on false analylitics.

im not saying i want sprint in H6, im saying that in H5 its not a huge concern at this point, it plays fine with it

• Upvote (+1) 1

The things we do for love  <3 .

Nice one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Though I don't think it would happen because there are better options out there, LG Victory X would be hilarious.

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but what are people's thoughts on movement speed being dependent on weapon in hand. Similar to CS. Faster with pistol, slow with rockets/snipe etc.

In general I like it, but that would just move us further away from the arena feel most people seem to want. Personally I wouldn't mind it if it was subtle and used as a way to buff the starting weapon a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So idk if APG was trolling or saiyan just isnt talking about it but saiyan is saying he didnt know about ninja leaving or that apg said anything

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd personally prefer just a static base movement speed. Not that the idea is flawed inherently, but this being a console shooter your you have to tune the aim assists to accommodate the max move speed. This in turn, penalizes folks for not moving at that speed. So it's a constant state of compromise. It's not such a big deal when there is no need to put the weapon down, but for simplicity's sake I ask, why?

I'd rather they come up with some cool weapons that could allow players to modify their movement by firing them.

im not saying i want sprint in H6, im saying that in H5 its not a huge concern at this point, it plays fine with it

You don't have to explain to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think sprint is inherently flawed because when everything from the maps and aim assists are scaled for sprint, then not sprinting is penalized. But you also have a penalty for sprinting (you can't shoot). So everyone is constantly compromised so it dilutes the interactions. Throw in the fact that you can only sprint forward, and you've actually cuttoff platforming and engagement options.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Ninja make it out of HCS and into greener pastures is like watching a guy from your hood make it big.  :mj:

I know that feeling.  I used to watch my cousin sing the Star Spangled Banner at Rangers Baseball games.  Now he's a big shot pop singer.  Weird kinda.  

I'm too jarred from the extreme opinions on this site; shitlin has broken my sarcasm detector.

that is why I was placed on your planet

So idk if APG was trolling or saiyan just isnt talking about it but saiyan is saying he didnt know about ninja leaving or that apg said anything

Bc they're not supposed to until it's announced. Brad just doesn't give a fk. I didn't clip it but he said it in BabyJs stream while they were playing MM.

You need to learn how to graph my dude

Put those lines on the same plot or at the very least have the same y-axis

Maybe it's you that needs to learn how to read graphs.

My dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of which, still can't embed clips  :wutface:

You can if you just post it as a mp4.

This whole situation is crazy.

The situation won't resolve itself if you don't let EU get more LAN practice against NA.....

What kind of crazy babying is this?! 

• Downvote (-1) 1