CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can we not do this?

Okay if you don't like ESL as an org. But don't treat individual people there like that.

I agree.

I don't mind if people are offering negative sentiments while Halo is still working with them. But when it's pretty clear that there's a change coming, I wish we could end on a positive note instead of continuing to berate people.

Although I'd like to see it, I honestly cannot see EG staying in halo without Roy and LBX.

With Tapping and Falcated looking for 2, i doubt STR8 will stick together. Could be some interesting team changes ahead.

Or as the casters call him, FalAcated  :kappa:

@@ROB THE TURTLE

Go catch an uber to the beach, lie down and be one with the sand.

This made me laugh much harder than it should have.

Also MLG please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Tapping and Falcated looking for 2, i doubt STR8 will stick together. Could be some interesting team changes ahead.

Or as the casters call him, FalAcated :kappa:

Yeah if EG does stay, I'd like to see them rebuild a team solely around TB. We'll see whom Hurricane Huke leaves off in the F/A desert.

I wonder who NV will pick up to take Huke's spot? The only player that is even close to a positive replacement is Shotzzy, but he may not leave Splyce.

Honorable mentions: Tapping Buttons and Saiyan

Stellur

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG made CoD an esport.

Forgot I quoted this the first time around. They made CoD an esport the same as they made Halo 3 an esport. They adjusted the abysmal settings, made it a lot more competitive and fun to play, and on top of that, they do an incredible job building storylines, and on top of that they have the production. If they can't fix the settings on Halo 5 to make it legitimately competitive, it's only going to do so much. And as shitty as IW is, because it absolutely was horrendous, even IW has a lot more going for it than Halo 5 does because of 343's trash leadership. If you don't think it has a major effect on the situation, I'm sorry.

We basically did return to it during the H2A days, we just didn't have enough maps to play in competitive.

H2A was still kind of shit though. Agree with you for sure on the maps situation.

I can see the twins coming back for H3A

I highly doubt that H3A is happening since the anniversary has already come and gone...

Guys, even if MLG is the TO, 343 is still going to control the settings.

Also, a very rational response to the hysteria. That, to me, is a huge reason why MLG wouldn't come back. You can't make this shit game a good competitive game (to watch or play) without changing the settings to something way better. The production value MLG would bring would be incredible, but it'll do that same thing they did with IW which is put a ton of make up on a disgusting chick to make her look as good as they could. The game still sucks, so hopefully the next year passes by quickly and Halo 6 is legit. If 343 would give up their stranglehold on the settings, I think it could do wonders for the game, as much as I hate it on a personal level.

Hot take: since 343 have started making halo they seem to have taken it upon themselves to instead of making good halo games they follow whatever trend is hot in new shooters at large. Let's take H5 for example. When the game was being developed the big thing in shooters at the time, whether it be titanfall or CoD was enhanced movement (thrusting, wall running, etc), and it's pretty obvious that 343 just went along with this when developing h5. Now, in CoD especially we've seen pushback from the fans, who wanted a "boots on the ground" CoD again. This obviously gained a developer response with the making of WW2, my thinking is that 343 may see this and make halo 6 a "back to the roots" halo. Considering the longer than usual development time it looks like H6 is going to get I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility. At the end of the day though, this is 343 we're talking about so this may just be wishful thinking. We'll see.

Not much of a hot take, people have been speculating about something like this happening since we found out about WW2 and since Battlefield 1 came out. I don't think Halo 6 will really be a true back to the roots Halo game, but maybe they saw how much people have hated a lot about Halo 5 and changed what they could? Who knows, I'm not holding my breath though, 343's track record speaks for itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with play-by-play is that there is so much going on, that while the caster regurgitates exactly what the viewer sees, several important items are missed.

I'd really like more high level commentary about what teams are doing collectively, while allowing the POV action to speak for itself. If something hype happens, of course they should be excited about it- but telling me Renegade is looking for a target with snipe while in renegades POV . Tell me who's watching his flank or blocking spawns and forcing enemies into his LOS.

Walshy does this already, but he tends to run on too long with his explanations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Serious question, why do you guys like stabilize? I don't see it, but I'll be happy to be enlightened. To me, just seems like another stupid gimmick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imo, h5, as is, has more competitive merit than IW, no matter what anyone does to COD settings. I know that's not saying much, but COD has more assists and less skill gap in every facet of is gameplay.

MLG just kills it with the production, the events, story lines, marketing and the community building.

Serious question, why do you guys like stabilize? I don't see it, but I'll be happy to be enlightened. To me, just seems like another stupid gimmick.

I don't really like it or dislike it, it's just there. I'd like it more the controls weren't so convoluted that I have to turn on autostabilize. It could be good to shake ppl up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is just a stupid gimmick, but its not as game breaking as the others. This is more of compromise because you know Halo 6 is not going back to classic Halo. I'll be surprised if Halo 6 doesn't have wall jumping.

COD is a successful E-Sport because the game is fun to play and MLG/Activision promote it well. The cherry on top is MLG being so damn good at what they do. Halo and COD both have a significant fan base, COD/Activision just do a much better job at reaching that fanbase. 

Walshy does this already, but he tends to run on too long with his explanations.

This is true. I guess it's because in H5 plays often progress, succeed/fail more quickly than someone spit it out. Also it's probably tough for even the better analysts to digest everything quickly w/o a top down view when people are flying all over the place.

the settings were a lot worse when MLG ran HWC stuff than they are now, i personally don't think that's much of an issue

COD is a successful E-Sport because the game is fun to play and MLG/Activision promote it well. The cherry on top is MLG being so damn good at what they do. Halo and COD both have a significant fan base, COD/Activision just do a much better job at reaching that fanbase.

Cod is also a game any kid can grab and get a plenty of frags using atom bombs while Halo is not.

Or as the casters call him, FalAcated  :kappa:

Assuming both Roy and Lunchbox retired, I could see Ogre 2 going after Articc & Claim as a 2gre's Daycare reunion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Absolutely zero disrespect to the game in anyway here, but this has always been a big feather in cods cap. Literally anyone can jump on, jump in to mm and play cod casually, such a simple point and shoot (at casusl level) enabling easy pick up and put down for anyone in front of a tv. Players can fairly easily drop 30/40 kills in games here and thete and feel like a god, Halo needs cods level of casual players. Very well build for both bottom end players and the best players in the business esports wise.

We had that until 343 made the game really convoluted with a stupid aiming mechanic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Absolutely zero disrespect to the game in anyway here, but this has always been a big feather in cods cap. Literally anyone can jump on, jump in to mm and play cod casually, such a simple point and shoot (at casusl level) enabling easy pick up and put down for anyone in front of a tv. Players can fairly easily drop 30/40 kills in games here and thete and feel like a god, Halo needs cods level of casual players. Very well build for both bottom end players and the best players in the business esports wise.

Lee Perry, an old Gears developer, talked about this a bit recently. It's a big problem if players do poorly their first game. I know in this case he said zero kills, and it doesn't get much worse than that. But I wouldn't doubt going 1 and 20 your first game has similar effects. It's a hard issue to overcome.

https://twitter.com/MrLeePerry/status/903979862733369344

• Upvote (+1) 3