CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We definitely need new maps and gametypes for competitive. Watching Stronghold for 2 years now is getting boring to spectate. Oddball and KoTH need to make a comeback. We can probably use maps we normally wouldn't use in competitive due to KoTH and Oddball being in the rotation.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Further radar changes are off the table so its just not worth it.

With MLG coming back, are radar changes really off the table?  :thinking:

MGbg2uJ.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Roy has been my favorite Halo player since I started watching in ‘07

I think Huke is, while still a great player, slightly overrated and nV will be fine.

CTF needs to be changed to rounds if possible in H5 but definitely in H6. 12 minute regulation. If there’s a tie, we get a “round over” and teams begin a 3 minute overtime at their initial spawns. Still a tie? Another “round over.” Final round is a no time limit “sudden death” where next cap wins.

Pumped for MLG

I think this is a little over-complicated don't you?  As soon as overtime starts, 15 minute clock, sudden death. Keep it rolling.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this is a little over-complicated don't you?  As soon as overtime starts, 15 minute clock, sudden death. Keep it rolling.

Basically how they used to do it and it worked fine.  Don't get why they changed it for h5 but it's not the end of the world. 

This exactly. Overtime rules were so much better and simpler when it was just a 30 minute game, end at 15 if a teams winning.

This exactly. Overtime rules were so much better and simpler when it was just a 30 minute game, end at 15 if a teams winning.

Yeah, and sudden death adds to the tension and ends climatically every time.

I know I’m late but I didn’t get to see any Halo at all this weekend. But it sounds like it went swell so I’m glad but still a little scared that all this MLG talk is too good to be true... in other news, Houston is going to the WS!!! This city is in need of a championship.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See, what 343 needs to do, is what Blizzard is doing with WoW, and what Activision-Blizzard is doing with CoD, going full fan service.

This company in specific, has realized over the last 1-2 years, that trying to be the trail blazers every single new release is just an utter failure, if you have a successful formula, and a successful franchise, just keep it close to nominal as possible. If you want to make a new crazy game, with all new settings, dont pilot it in your successful franchise, thats suicide, as Reach found out, as H4 found out, as Cataclysm found out, as WoD found out, as infinite warfare found out... etc. 

If you have a massive player base who thoroughly enjoys the game as it was before, why completely change it? I can understand little tweaks to games systems, as we saw with H2 > H3, but completely changing the formula is a bad idea. If 343 does truly go with MLG, which its looking decently good, I think they're starting to learn the lessons their peers have already learned, and going with a working formula, which could mean a return to "Boots on the ground for halo". I think that, along with MLG would get their numbers to where they want them, and I think they know this. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, and sudden death adds to the tension and ends climatically every time.

I feel like that Splyce vs Optic fathom flag was made even more amazing by the non sudden death system.

Maybe have 3 minutes of extra time then 15 minutes of sudden death instead of replay after 3 minutes.

O'Connor added that Microsoft made assumptions about how things would work. This was a mistake, and he said Microsoft wants to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"Frankly, we don't assume anything anymore. While we had some valid reasons to believe the game would function properly in the retail environment, we've shifted our development philosophy to basically assume nothing anymore," he said.

If this is true, 3v4i better not be assuming that I, a Halo fan, want Sprint and Spartan abilities in Halo 6.  Because that would be a "faulty assumption"

• Upvote (+1) 8

If this is true, 3v4i better not be assuming that I, a Halo fan, want Sprint and Spartan abilities in Halo 6.  Because that would be a "faulty assumption"

Thrust and stabilization are amazing spartan abilities that should be added to Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Can we start recklessly speculating who is going to replace Huke? If I had one guess I'd say Ace, but there's a lot of young talent.

I also think Snip3down and Mikwen won't be teaming together purely based on the way the both of them looked this event. I don't even think the both of them looked at one another or said anything after each of their games vs. Liquid.

I also think Snip3down and Mikwen won't be teaming together purely based on the way the both of them looked this event. I don't even think the both of them looked at one another or said anything after each of their games vs. Liquid.

But Mikwen was ON FIRE the last 2 lans.  potential MVP candidate in both of them and they swept Pro League.  Having a bad event sucks, but i dare say he is still a highly desireable player to have on your team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thrust and stabilization are amazing spartan abilities that should be added to Halo 6.

hCskMNP.gif

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I could definitely see this happening. Question is: who gets custody of Ola in the divorce?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rewatching atm and they talked after game 1, after that looks like only Ola looked at his other teammates and tried initiating convos.

One could say nV never arrived to the event.

I could definitely see this happening. Question is: who gets custody of Ola in the divorce?

Snipedown may have the best shot at winning that custody battle. He games with Ola the most when they aren't scrimming.

i've seen quite a few people say this

• Upvote (+1) 9

Maybe I'm weird but the only ability I like is clamber, scrap everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe I'm weird but the only ability I like is clamber, scrap everything else.

I feel like I would like clamber more if maps weren't built specifically with jumps that force you to use it

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1