CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think Halo casting needs to be reworked from the ground up. The casters are so concerned with playcalling every tiny movement that ***WE ARE WATCHING AS WELL*** that they rarely say anything of substance. Walshy and T2 are the only casters who ever make thoughtful remarks, the rest of the casting we have is just straight nonstop bullshitting for the entire duration of the game. There's so many times where something interesting happens in game and it could warrant a quick discussion of the strategy or thought processes taken by the players- these are opportunities to further distinguish the players and make Halo seem more interesting to viewers- but we instead hear the caster just babbling about how the player just got a kill- WE SAW THE FUCKING KILL!!!

I know there are greater issues. I am happy to just be watching an event, which we direly need more of, but this is really bugging me this event. I don't think Halo casting should be a stream of consciousness moment for moment recital of what is happening on stream. Let the casters stop talking for just a second, let them think about what they're actually saying, and the results would be much better IMO. I understand Halo casting has a tradition of playcalling due to its' roots with Puckett (who is incredible), but there has to be some middle ground here.

The EU boys are more conversational imo, especially together. Basically the rule should be if you were ever a top 10 player you should only be looking to deconstruct the game and/or adding in fluff like 'back in my day'.

nV has changed their seating order, now Mikwen - Snip3down - Ola - Huke, can't remember last time I saw Snip3down sit next to Mikwen, and not next to Huke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV has changed their seating order, now Mikwen - Snip3down - Ola - Huke, can't remember last time I saw Snip3down sit next to Mikwen, and not next to Huke.

Tension between the two? Could be nothin', could be somethin'.

I sometimes wonder if side has/had a stutter. He doesnt seems to be able to move between sentences well when the action changes and thats something ive seen on a coue of people i know that had stutters. Once a sentence starts it has to be finished otherwise the stutter emerges

listening to strongside and knighty try to out stutter each other yesterday :lxthul:

Some of these interviews are cringe. Where's Julie when you need her?

We are never going to get original questions in Halo interviews again. For the rest of HCS's existence, we are doomed to:

Q:Which team are you most afraid of this event?

A: [whichever team placed 1st the previous event]

Q: How did you practice for this event?

A: We scrimmed and watched game footage.

Q: What do you bring to the table for the team?

A1: I bring a lot of slaying power to the team.

A2: I bring a lot of experience and leadership to the team.

Q: What are you going to need to do to win this upcoming match?

A: We're just gonna have to come out strong and give it our all.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think Halo casting needs to be reworked from the ground up. The casters are so concerned with playcalling every tiny movement that ***WE ARE WATCHING AS WELL*** that they rarely say anything of substance. Walshy and T2 are the only casters who ever make thoughtful remarks, the rest of the casting we have is just straight nonstop bullshitting for the entire duration of the game. There's so many times where something interesting happens in game and it could warrant a quick discussion of the strategy or thought processes taken by the players- these are opportunities to further distinguish the players and make Halo seem more interesting to viewers- but we instead hear the caster just babbling about how the player just got a kill- WE SAW THE FUCKING KILL!!!

I know there are greater issues. I am happy to just be watching an event, which we direly need more of, but this is really bugging me this event. I don't think Halo casting should be a stream of consciousness moment for moment recital of what is happening on stream. Let the casters stop talking for just a second, let them think about what they're actually saying, and the results would be much better IMO. I understand Halo casting has a tradition of playcalling due to its' roots with Puckett (who is incredible), but there has to be some middle ground here.

I completely agree, i just feel that wonderboy doesnt get enough credit for the more analytical parts of his casting. 

@@Zavehi simms and walshy GF is an absolute must!

• Upvote (+1) 1

One more thing on @@StrongSide. I LOVE him on analyst desk. But I have no idea WHY he always switches to that overhyped exhausting play-by-play mode and WHY he doesn't try to change it a bit after getting a feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We are never going to get original questions in Halo interviews again. For the rest of HCS's existence, we are doomed to:

Q:Which team are you most afraid of this event?

A: [whichever team placed 1st the previous event]

Q: How did you practice for this event?

A: We scrimmed and watched game footage.

Q: What do you bring to the table for the team?

A1: I bring a lot of slaying power to the team.

A2: I bring a lot of experience and leadership to the team.

Q: What are you going to need to do to win this upcoming match?

A: We're just gonna have to come out strong and give it our all.

It's not even just the questions to be honest. It's the lack of charisma and the inability to sound professional. Lol.

@@Tashi Why does blue team have fold out chairs while the other team has good quality stuff?

i'm pretty sure it's a personal preference thing

the chairs most likely have arms and a lot of people don't like that

• Upvote (+1) 6