CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think it's really about Splyce as much as it is Optic being smart with power weapons. In other words they would do the same thing if it were Snipedown/Huke/Mikwen on the other side. 

@@Moses_FPS Your opinion is wrong.

to be fair i might be 100% wrong

i love how hype he gets and i think he has a great voice but i know he has his flaws

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i love how hype he gets and i think he has a great voice but i know he has his flaws

He's highly intelligent when it comes to the game. He does say right now a lot though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He has a voice made for casting. He really should just learn to say more with less.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Side always seems to be on a delay with what he says. His voice is great tho

SS always seems like he needs to stop talking and take a breath.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic really did pull a "this might hurt us, but it will hurt them more" strategy with wasting power weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If nV reaches the grand finals are they gonna have red side cause they're the number 1 seed, or nah?

For me Strongside is generally really good play by play but occasionally fumbles words.  I really enjoy they hype he brings though, he just needs to getting better at trading with the other caster in those situations.  TBH though, he cant carry a casting duo like many others so needs a solid partner to shine.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Getting a better caster combo doesnt mean Side is a better caster now. Gaskin just doesnt let him cycle too much. Lil Gaskin very good, that is all.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think Halo casting needs to be reworked from the ground up. The casters are so concerned with playcalling every tiny movement that ***WE ARE WATCHING AS WELL*** that they rarely say anything of substance. Walshy and T2 are the only casters who ever make thoughtful remarks, the rest of the casting we have is just straight nonstop bullshitting for the entire duration of the game. There's so many times where something interesting happens in game and it could warrant a quick discussion of the strategy or thought processes taken by the players- these are opportunities to further distinguish the players and make Halo seem more interesting to viewers- but we instead hear the caster just babbling about how the player just got a kill- WE SAW THE FUCKING KILL!!!

I know there are greater issues. I am happy to just be watching an event, which we direly need more of, but this is really bugging me this event. I don't think Halo casting should be a stream of consciousness moment for moment recital of what is happening on stream. Let the casters stop talking for just a second, let them think about what they're actually saying, and the results would be much better IMO.

kinda agree.

often feels like 2 play by play caster instead of one play by play caster and one color caster

As long as the GF is Walshy and Simms I don't really care about the rest of it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

kinda agree.

often feels like 2 play by play caster instead of one play by play caster and one color caster

I'd rather have 0 Play-by-Play.  Halo is an action-packed game, the action speaks for itself.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I sometimes wonder if side has/had a stutter. He doesnt seems to be able to move between sentences well when the action changes and thats something ive seen on a coue of people i know that had stutters. Once a sentence starts it has to be finished otherwise the stutter emerges

• Upvote (+1) 1