CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And before you start saying Halo 3 had 350,000 concurrents even 2 years after launch.. It did, yes, but back in 2007-09 there was basically fuck all competition in video games.

Gears 1 & 2

Modern Warfare 1 & 2

Assassins Creed 1& 2

GTA IV

Left 4 Dead 2

All 2007-2009

I'm not saying I agree with Orii, but to say there was fuck all competition is factually wrong. The list is longer I'm sure but this is what I can remember

• Upvote (+1) 9

Destiny 2 is also the newest AAA game to have been released. Halo 5 is two years old. Its matchmaking is also over 3 systems rather than one. (H5PC does not have multiplayer search). Destiny is also an RPGMMO-like game, which means its a lot easier to retain its playerbase. So yeah, the two games are absolutely not comparable.

Dont get me wrong, Halo 5's numbers are poor - but its better than H4 and you cant compare it with Destiny 2. And before you start saying Halo 3 had 350,000 concurrents even 2 years after launch.. It did, yes, but back in 2007-09 there was basically fuck all competition in video games. It was before it became an oversaturated market - CoD was only starting to gain popularity back then. Now theres all sorts of established FPS/TPS games - Halo, Destiny, Mass effect, Assassins creed, CoD, Titanfall, Battlefield, Battlefront..

He was the one that mentioned destiny first...

The top games still draw that kind of population. More actually. Its not as simple as saying competition has risen. AAA dev costs have skyrocketed meaning less AAA games and the amount of people playing has also gone way up.

• Downvote (-1) 6

He was the one that mentioned destiny first...

The top games still draw that kind of population. More actually. Its not as simple as saying competition has risen. AAA dev costs have skyrocketed meaning less AAA games and the amount of people playing has also gone way up.

I mentioned that I know Destiny players use Destinytracker to see population numbers, so I figured HTR would do the same. Don't try and put words in my mouth lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gears 1 & 2

Modern Warfare 1 & 2

Assassins Creed 1& 2

GTA IV

Left 4 Dead 2

All 2007-2009

I'm not saying I agree with Orii, but to say there was fuck all competition is factually wrong. The list is longer I'm sure but this is what I can remember

Assassins creed and modern warfare were relatively new onto the scene, as I already said. Point being, there is far more competition now.

Assassins creed and modern warfare were relatively new onto the scene, as I already said. Point being, there is far more competition now.

There are also more gamers now. I'm not saying we should expect 100+k concurrent for the entire lifespan of the game, but 60k is not unreasonable.

And the continuous delivery model has shown that some games are capable of increasing their player base steadily over time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"I'm really nervous and scared because Snip3down is like the best player. He's just so sick. - Mason Cobb" - Tony Campbell Jr. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I dont think thats fair given the bells and whistles that go on in the background, at face vaule we take the blame (and understandably so) but the moving parts and things involved in the back is unreal. NA office has some of the best people ive personally worked with in the business and the challenges they face and overcome are unbelievable. Either-way onwards and upwards, im looking forward to this weekend and hope the teased annoucements have lifted the community. I fully trust the NA team to put a killer event on this weekend after learning from ATL and believe we are in for a cracking show!

I understand where you're coming from Simms and I'd bet that everyone wants to the best possible job.

But that doesn't translate to the fans, we see most things being sub-par and that's not acceptable if we want to grow.

I mentioned that I know Destiny players use Destinytracker to see population numbers, so I figured HTR would do the same. Don't try and put words in my mouth lol

I just said you mentioned destiny. Which you did.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Gears 1 & 2

Modern Warfare 1 & 2

Assassins Creed 1& 2

GTA IV

Left 4 Dead 2

All 2007-2009

Rs vegas

Graw

Rock band

Guitar hero

Battleffont

Etc

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This LAN feature is huge, I can now organize tournaments in my country. Internet connections were alway an obstacle in Costa Rica so now we can have tournaments like the old days. I’m actually excited.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maybe I’m just too optimistic, but this news actually got me back on Beyond, and I played a few matches of H5 again. I do think 343 have had a lot of fuck ups, but honestly, I have some hope in the future of Halo, and I am excited about HCS as well. Also, I can now have a Canada weapon skin, so that’s worth something to me

• Upvote (+1) 3

Go look at the xbl activity chart.

How many games are from franchises that werent around during h2/3?

3?4?

And thats offset by 3 or 4 big franchises that have died off.

I dont buy the competition excuse at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rs vegas

Graw

Rock band

Guitar hero

Battleffont

Etc

Everyone keeps forgetting battlefield too. The whole "H3 had no competition" thing really needs to stop because it isn't even close to true. Nearly all of big FPS series that are pounding Halo atm had some of their most beloved games in the same time frame

• Upvote (+1) 4

Destiny 2 is also the newest AAA game to have been released. Halo 5 is two years old. Its matchmaking is also over 3 systems rather than one. (H5PC does not have multiplayer search). Destiny is also an RPGMMO-like game, which means its a lot easier to retain its playerbase. So yeah, the two games are absolutely not comparable.

Dont get me wrong, Halo 5's numbers are poor - but its better than H4 and you cant compare it with Destiny 2. And before you start saying Halo 3 had 350,000 concurrents even 2 years after launch.. It did, yes, but back in 2007-09 there was basically fuck all competition in video games. It was before it became an oversaturated market - CoD was only starting to gain popularity back then. Now theres all sorts of established FPS/TPS games - Halo, Destiny, Mass effect, Assassins creed, CoD, Titanfall, Battlefield, Battlefront..

Halo 3's community features were also pretty novel back in the day for consoles. I'd actually attribute those features to the game holding on to so many players right up until the end than the lack of competition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As an employee its hard to not comment and I always stay away from it to not look like an ass or take it personally, however i do think some of the comments recently have been a tad strong. ESL Australia for example puts on some truly epic events and I really hope they are involved in the ANZ side of things. I am also very proud of the what myself and the team in the UK produced for the EU Pro League Finals, I do honestly think at the time we raised the bar for them 2 gigs.

Just going on record to say that EU Pro League Finals were some of the highest quality H5 events to date.

@@Oriiii is just a lazy Cooper.

70% sure it is Cooper

Maybe I’m just too optimistic, but this news actually got me back on Beyond, and I played a few matches of H5 again. I do think 343 have had a lot of fuck ups, but honestly, I have some hope in the future of Halo, and I am excited about HCS as well. Also, I can now have a Canada weapon skin, so that’s worth something to me

Ditto. They roped me back in rofl

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Clap

adam its safe to post on here now. we promise we wont ask you any business related questions...

.......6RNt0R5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Two words:

Prize money

Switch the prize money and see what happens.

lmao, oh no we have dev support, you guys say that like it's a bad thing

• Upvote (+1) 3

lmao, oh no we have dev support, you guys say that like it's a bad thing

CUHHHH MOSES GETTIN TURNT UP 

• Upvote (+1) 2