CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lol it just always catches me by surprise if i leave a "<  3" at the end of something.

Glad Im not the only one who that happens to.

No more spending hours writing and testing new pieces of code every event to import stats from excel sheets!

giphy.gif

Never again will I spend 3 hours of my life reeatching 3 days worth of rebroadcasts just to get the final scores from every game at the world championships.

• Upvote (+1) 1

everything seems to be shaping up to make 2018 a banner year for the hcs!

Which I think is absolutely imperative because I don't foresee H6 until late 2018 or even 2019.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Which I think is absolutely imperative because I don't foresee H6 until late 2018 or even 2019.

if they can improve hcs AND mcc then they can buy a good amount of time to make sure h6 is as polished as possible

Never again will I spend 3 hours of my life reeatching 3 days worth of rebroadcasts just to get the final scores from every game at the world championships.

Its crazy you did that.

Also still waiting on the Gfin stats  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So ESL halo just tweeted about the upcoming H5 changes....I hope this doesn't mean we're stuck with them through worlds. 

My very real fear is we'll have what we had in 2016 with MLG running one event then the rest being handled by ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So ESL halo just tweeted about the upcoming H5 changes....I hope this doesn't mean we're stuck with them through worlds. 

My very real fear is we'll have what we had in 2016 with MLG running one event then the rest being handled by ESL.

Can't ESL and MLG coexist? Or am I missing something here...

• Upvote (+1) 3

We had Oddball in Heretic back in H3 right bois?

Until it was ditched to return to Guardian Ball which was more interesting, yes.

Heretic Ball was so droll once people figured out how to abuse the oddball's spawn influence.

They're still under contract, and since nothing regarding their partnership was brought up, they can go ahead and post that without any conflicts of interest.

I am hyped for hcs again! I just have a question, there have been a lot of articles saying huke is going back to cod, was this ever confirmed and if so when?

after denver

Can't ESL and MLG coexist? Or am I missing something here...

I don't know man I really don't think ESL should have any part in halo going forward if 343 gets a contract with MLG. Let MLG handle the huge events and let regional TOs handle the rest.

They're still under contract, and since nothing regarding their partnership was brought up, they can go ahead and post that without any conflicts of interest.

That's my hope but I really think we need major changes on the TO side of things to keep Halo going especially if we're gonna be playing H5 for two more years. 

I had a conversation last night where I expressed how much I wanted the backend work (weapon balancing, local server) on H5 this far into it's lifetime would be used to cut down on H6 dev time. I have heard from others that they would be ok with 343 taking their time with H6 to get it right. While I obviously don't want them to release an incomplete game, we need something to change about H5's competitive scene soon, and realistically we need a new game sooner than fall 2019. I was a senior in high school when H5 came out. In fall 2019 I will be in grad school. I understand wanting to be patient with 343 but we've tried that before and all I really want at this point is a more solid idea on when we will hear something and continued confirmation that they have heard our complaints about H5. 

Realistically, a 4 year dev cycle following a mediocre release with only one set of major positive changes for the competitive scene is too long.