CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That flag is symmetrical so how can it be backwards? :thinking: Regarding the US flag it is tradition wearing the flag backward on uniforms to get the feel the flag is flying in the breeze as the person wearing it moves forward.

It's not symmetrical.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That flag is symmetrical so how can it be backwards? :thinking:  Regarding the US flag it is tradition wearing the flag backward on uniforms to get the feel the flag is flying in the breeze as the person wearing it moves forward.

Look more closely at the red/white stripes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That flag is symmetrical so how can it be backwards? :thinking:  Regarding the US flag it is tradition wearing the flag backward on uniforms to get the feel the flag is flying in the breeze as the person wearing it moves forward.

Look at the top right of the flag, notice how it's thin right, red, then thick white. Look at the top right of the gun, it's thick white, red, thin white. Top left of the flag is the other way around, thick white, red, thin white.

I think the other side of the gun is the right orientation. So seeing it from the other side is backwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks, did not notice that.

Edit: But there is no fault presenting a flag with an imaginary hoist to the right when not on static display. As long as it is not up side down, and that seems to be rather common with the Union Jack according to wiki.

Hmmm apparently I need to honeymoon to Italy whenever I want good Halo news. Holding my breath for MLG...

do you guys wanna know whats better than getting a 14 inch dildo up your ass?

Posts like these.

See I can't say I've done the 14" dildo thing, but I'd imagine there are at least a few things better than that.

So excited for this weekend. Also, what EU teams are in Champ, Infused and ???

Supremacy is the other EU team going into champ bracket.

Also infused beat ronin 8-5 in a scrim last night.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Great news. Now keep this moving forward instead of backwards in H6 and we're going places. Don't let this be another Reach TU into Halo 4 scenario

I will believe it when i see it but a faster RoF with less spread feels stronger to me unless its been damaged nerfed hard.

It's hard to say anything until we know of they touched magnetism and aim assist, but

Tightening the spread would make users have to be MORE precise, in order to land shots.

Requiring more precision with weaker bullets sounds like a nerf to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When they started to talk about what TO will be running it, that’s the fastest I’ve seen the halo chat in a very long time. It was pretty funny. That saying, I really do hope it’s MLG.

I really hope 343 keep up this level of communication. Bringing up MCC must have been a little difficult for them but they need to in order to make things better

Tbh so long as the TO is decent and the format is sensible I'm happy enough with what was announced yesterday. Having MLG back would be absolutely incredible but its wrong to think that Halo can't be successful without them - it certainly had a better chance now after the changes we heard about yesterday than it ever did before.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some decent stuff announced, but lets not kid ourselves, it all should've been part of the game at release 2 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Some decent stuff announced, but lets not kid ourselves, it all should've been part of the game at release 2 years ago.

i dont think anyone is acting otherwise, but don't act like we can't be happy that stuff we've been asking for is finally being given  to us

• Upvote (+1) 4

Some steps in the right direction, especially LAN and the MCC stuff is neat. Let's just hope they can keep going in the right direction at a steady pace instead of the "three steps forward, two steps back" cycle we've been stuck in for what feels like eternity.

I also can't shake the feeling that this is an attempt to rebuild trust with the community because H6 is coming next year. Remember when multiple 343 employees started posting here before H5 and MCC came out and then they went silent the instant each of those games launched? I just hope this is the beginning of a great and lasting back-and-forth instead of the same old small spark of hope that gets crushed in a few months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dont think anyone is acting otherwise, but don't act like we can't be happy that stuff we've been asking for is finally being given  to us

Oh no, people should definitely be happy. They just have a long long ways to go before I ever start singing 343's praises.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with goldenboy at around the 9 min mark, it'd be sweet if ESL was still around to run some tournaments. MLG running everything means less events, having gfinity/esl/ other TO's still means more tournaments. Which means Halo grows more.

Some steps in the right direction, especially LAN and the MCC stuff is neat. Let's just hope they can keep going in the right direction at a steady pace instead of the "three steps forward, two steps back" cycle we've been stuck in for what feels like eternity.

I also can't shake the feeling that this is an attempt to rebuild trust with the community because H6 is coming next year. Remember when multiple 343 employees started posting here before H5 and MCC came out and then they went silent the instant each of those games launched? I just hope this is the beginning of a great and lasting back-and-forth instead of the same old small spark of hope that gets crushed in a few months.

I've said this multiple times already but nearly everything here and all of the stuff added to Halo 5 post launch is stuff that Halo 6 will have.

The problem with Halo 5 is that they had to build everything from ground up basically and they also had to much focus on certain aspects which left other areas starved for attention.

Things like the LAN server, additions to forge, custom games browser, gametypes new/old, 4k assets, etc. They are all assets that can be taken and improved upon which is a lot easier to do then creating it from scratch.

Halo 6 is (probably) going to have everything halo 5 had and more. I've seen this happen with games like Battlefield where the devs work on something after the launch, especially with community feedback, and when the next BF game comes out it has all the stuff they worked on from the previous game + more. The main reason for thinking that is because the issues surronding them not being included have all been solved, you just need to update them for the next game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with goldenboy at around the 9 min mark, it'd be sweet if ESL was still around to run some tournaments. MLG running everything means less events, having gfinity/esl/ other TO's still means more tournaments. Which means Halo grows more.

this video was excellent

i also agree that it would be nice to have ESL around still, what we don't want is one exclusive partner, we want competition to keep everyone sharp

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Alright I’ll just go back to being miserable.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

this video was excellent

i also agree that it would be nice to have ESL around still, what we don't want is one exclusive partner, we want competition to keep everyone sharp

i think of all TOs, MLG would be the best to run the HCS and grow the scene. they have the infrastructure and passion to do it. i think it would be very good for halo as a whole entering into h6

that being said, if 343 wants multiple TOs, I would like to see it run like dota2 where TOs can run majors/minors independently with partial funding from valve. if you arent familiar, TOs must put up a certain dollar amount which will be matched by valve. a major will a higher dollar amount requirement but both give points (based on prize pool) for qualifying for TI. this could be a great system for future worlds while empowering all levels of TOs. maybe 10k minors w/ 5k put up by the TO and 5k from 343 and 50k-100k majors. this way ugc, umg, esports arena can run tourneys, give ams qualifying points to get to majors and worlds run by gfinity/esl/mlg. everyone wins including @Bad Dub since the local server can capture stats!

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only logical thing to do is wait and see. We can be happy with the improvements for now but we've seen short term improvements many times with 343. They only get a pass if it stays this way. Healthy skepticism is something everyone should hold onto until we're playing H6 and its a good experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When they started to talk about what TO will be running it, that’s the fastest I’ve seen the halo chat in a very long time. It was pretty funny. That saying, I really do hope it’s MLG.

I really hope 343 keep up this level of communication. Bringing up MCC must have been a little difficult for them but they need to in order to make things better

Same. My guess is either we get MLG or UGC, and to be honest, I'd be happy with either. MLG has so much presence and experience and I think the work 343i has done to build the scene has made it 'worthy' of all of that in a way that titles after H3 really haven't been. Basically it's enough of a high-stakes, high-reward scene now, even if it's small, to fit in with the other things that MLG is doing. Not a magic bullet but it would be a huge help to us as a competitive community. 

Having said all that though, the UGC folks have killed it at every event they've run for Halo 5, _especially_ given the difficulties with running a solid and reliable LAN in this game. They would do an amazing job with Local Server and the other new (read: decades-old) tools that are being added into the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3