CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yeah no. you're comparing larger esports with more regional parity to a smaller esport with 0 regional parity whatsoever.

1) Thats also not always true.  Lots of esports qualifiers are region-locked.

2) The ones that aren't have more parity region to region than Halo

3) You also need being a pro to be a sustainable venture for the players.  Letting NA teams take all your money totally fucks that. 

its a fine decision that doesn't need to be torn apart

I don't see why I can't compare it to larger eSports in general.  If not, we're already dropping the pedestal lower then it needs to be for the game.  Imagine some of the stories you could bring from NA teams travelling to an EU event.  It should be about growth not sustainability. 

You know how many AM teams I talked to at DH Atlanta wanting to go to London?  Why not just keep all Pro Seeds locked from the event and keep it semi-open?

There are what, 6 Pro EU Teams at the moment?  I understand that they're worried about their own money, but they literally just got flown out on HCS's dime to receive free money.  It could of been more if they had performed better.

It's a decision that needs to be talked about.  We let enough of HCS's decision making go under the bridge.  Nothing wrong with people speaking their minds on the questionable decisions that are being stated.

• Upvote (+1) 5

When I first saw the tweet that they were giving the loot crate skin to people that attended Dreamhack I thought "Cool. That is a nice little incentive since I have heard pros talk on stream about wanting to get their hands on that skin. Not nearly as cool as an event specific skin or more pro skins would be, but it is something."

Now though that they have made it available to everyone for $10 or 80k req points, it is a slap in the face not only to people that bought the loot crate but to the people that attended DH ATL. I guarantee every single person at the event has the req points to get the skins, so 343 gave them nothing essentially. Good work 343, really covered your bases making sure to disrespect both esports and casual fans. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a decision that needs to be talked about.  We let enough of HCS's decision making go under the bridge.  Nothing wrong with people speaking their minds on the questionable decisions that are being stated.

I never said it shouldn't be talked about.  It just doesn't need to be made out to be this huge hypocritical "ZOMGG!!!" problem. cuz its not.

5be261a2dd7fbc9edd8fd284d4bda4db.gif

i see you've used a gif of sgt. buck, the main character of halo 5. now that we know you like this character, we will make sure he has a more prominent role in halo 6. for your contribution have a previously released req pack. enjoy!

98c.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Now this is how you handle off-season content, not 9 months later on your personal twitter

• Upvote (+1) 7

Something to note from the announcent:

I really hope this can become a reality at some point. Would love to have the NA guys out here at some point in the future, but for now lets make this the biggest and best EU event to date.

We were honestly talking about going to london lol

• Upvote (+1) 8

We were honestly talking about going to london lol

Hopefully one day soon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ft. Worth is better. 

IT'S EVERYDAY BRO. 

Please don't tell me you are a jake pauler.  I will lose all respect. 

Now do it in one fluid motion whilst scrimming a Pro team for a triple kill back smack  :kappa:

It is kinda funny he got it the first time though lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now do it in one fluid motion whilst scrimming a Pro team for a triple kill back smack  :kappa:

It is kinda funny he got it the first time though lol

LOL i have tried spring jumping and i get lucky occasionally but i know i would fall off the map there.

Please don't tell me you are a jake pauler.  I will lose all respect. 

It's a meme. Anyone over the age of 12 only uses it as a meme. Papa bless fam. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if T2 taught them how to frag like a pro

While this did make me laugh, you'd be surprised how many big time CoD players got their start playing Halo 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 3