CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He is, I’m surprised that no other team is trying to recruit him.

Yup but I wonder what will happen if he leaves EG. Would he have to go back to Mexico considering EG is housing him.

Outside of the top 4 teams TB, Saiyan, Tripppey and Danoxide deserve to be on better teams. All 4 of these guys carry the hell out of their respective teams. 

Watching Shotzzy and TB  together in money $2s was incredible. Ran through teams with their aggressive playstyles and they barely call out too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally may not like playing H5 but if they keep on doing fantastic events like Atlanta, I’m going to keep watching and supporting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 needs to expand its tournament scene. 4v4s is cool but I would like to see dubs tourneys and ffa tourneys too. Halo 4 Global championship was fun to watch and would be cool to see more of those.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They woudlnt announce MLG HWC at Esl Dreamhack right ? So that is why it is standalone stream right ? RIGHT ???

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally may not like playing H5 but if they keep on doing fantastic events like Atlanta, I’m going to keep watching and supporting.

i dont think i'd call atlanta a fantastic event. the internet fiasco up cost us 6 hours one day (the initial outtage was NOT the TOs fault but the fact that we came back online hours after everyone else could be), then they ended the stream while continuing to play pro matches, we relied on periscope for too much, missed a match of the grand finals the had another hour break to fix more issues in the same series. no crowd mic, no b stream, the same scheduling oddities we've put up with for 2 years. 

if anything, atlanta was a breaking point for this change and why we'll hopefully be getting a better TO.

the gameplay was so good though. the pros have continued to step up and i will always want to watch and support that. the pros (and ams that continue to show up and improve) deserve a much better run scene and i'm hoping that that is what tonight is for

I have started to play Halo again. You can leave Halo but it will never leave you.

I haven't played Halo 5 in months. I don't know if I want to from all the changes I've heard. I'm so tempted to play it though. The only thing that is stopping me is the 100gb storage.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wanted to watch the EG vs INF scrim but Falcateds broadcasts are subs only  :mj:

Tapping Buttons streamed it

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wanted to watch the EG vs INF scrim but Falcateds broadcasts are subs only  :mj:

Lunchbox also streamed. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

i dont think i'd call atlanta a fantastic event. the internet fiasco up cost us 6 hours one day (the initial outtage was NOT the TOs fault but the fact that we came back online hours after everyone else could be), then they ended the stream while continuing to play pro matches, we relied on periscope for too much, missed a match of the grand finals the had another hour break to fix more issues in the same series. no crowd mic, no b stream, the same scheduling oddities we've put up with for 2 years.

if anything, atlanta was a breaking point for this change and why we'll hopefully be getting a better TO.

the gameplay was so good though. the pros have continued to step up and i will always want to watch and support that. the pros (and ams that continue to show up and improve) deserve a much better run scene and i'm hoping that that is what tonight is for

Can't really blame ESL for any of that. The emergency line that the convention center ordered wasn't big enough to run Halo5 + the rest of the convention. So additional time was required to get an additional line for Halo.

After that ESL did what they had to do to get the tournament on a decent schedule.

All of that comes down to 343 making a game that doesn't have LAN support.

Unwritten Rule #1: Don't talk about downvotes.

I'm gonna have to downvote you because your post contradicts itself by writing down a rule and calling it unwritten.

edit: damn you @@ssbChad you beat me to it.

Second unwritten rule: Check the rest of the thread before posting redundant sarcastic replies.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm gonna have to downvote you because your post contradicts itself by writing down a rule and calling it unwritten.

I'm gonna have to downvote you because Chad beat you to the punch, but still found time to include a meme.

• Upvote (+1) 7

You can leave Halo but it will never leave you.

I know what you mean. Halo 5 is so scary bad it haunts me at night.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is it 4PM yet  :intensifies:

Please, bring me back @@Tashi. Announce something that makes sense (LANs WHERE) and ANYTHING to mix up the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna have to downvote you because Chad beat you to the punch, but still found time to include a meme.

I'm gonna have to downvote you because you didn't wait for my edit. And here's your damn meme you meme fiend.

07185232572bc8e4dfd368b17bd27facea8bf3ee

• Upvote (+1) 2

Realistic expectations for today anyone?

My guesses...

• Overhauled LAN point system structure to HCS, with huge de-emphasis on online play
  • Elimination of two separate, competitive playlists (merge Arena and HCS)
  • New weapon tuning in HCS
  • Mix up of maps and gametypes for HCS

I'm not of the "MLG WHERE" camp, but I do think they'd be most equipped to run a LAN (sort of) tournament structure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will the stream be on Twitch, or is it just Mixer now for Halo? Also what time will it start EST?

Will the stream be on Twitch, or is it just Mixer now for Halo? Also what time will it start EST?

believe it's both and 7p est