CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Fortnite is more enjoyable to watch than pubg or h1z1

i swear im not trying to be different and go against the trend but i don't really find pubg or h1z1 fun to watch and i don't like playing them, however Fortnite is a fun game to watch in my opinion.

Graphically and art style wise i think its more enjoyable to look at, and gameplay wise i think its more stimulating to watch.  The building and stuff adds an element to the fights that is really fast paced and reactionary, which is cool

All my opinion, not stating this is objectively true

• Upvote (+1) 7

You could say aiming was weird in H3 but I'll take a weird system over one that feels sluggish/laggy to me.

This bugs me as someone who has put in roughly the same amount of time into H3/Reach/H5 and quite a bit of time into H2A. In purely terms of the aiming system being intuitive and similar to other FPS on the market I'd rank H2A>Reach>H5>H3 and if you account for the fact that H5 has had heavy aim patched and doesn't suffer from frequent frame drops (Which undeniably makes aiming feel less responsive) I'd go so far as to say H2A>H5>Reach>H3.

It's drastically easier to play CoD or Overwatch or Paladins or even Destiny and switch back to H5 than it is to play one of those games and play H3, and I think it's because (at least in my case) you didn't switch between H3 and other games, you just played H3. You didn't have anything to compare it to so the aiming wasn't scrutinized nearly as much as it probably should have been.

I really tried to get into H3 again after backwards compatibility came out and even busted out my 360 when it didn't seem to be running as smoothly as I remembered. It just is never going to compare favorably to our memory of it when we were teenagers.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This bugs me as someone who has put in roughly the same amount of time into H3/Reach/H5 and quite a bit of time into H2A. In purely terms of the aiming system being intuitive and similar to other FPS on the market I'd rank H2A>Reach>H5>H3 and if you account for the fact that H5 has had heavy aim patched and doesn't suffer from frequent frame drops (Which undeniably makes aiming feel less responsive) I'd go so far as to say H2A>H5>Reach>H3.

It's drastically easier to play CoD or Overwatch or Paladins or even Destiny and switch back to H5 than it is to play one of those games and play H3, and I think it's because (at least in my case) you didn't switch between H3 and other games, you just played H3. You didn't have anything to compare it to so the aiming wasn't scrutinized nearly as much as it probably should have been.

I really tried to get into H3 again after backwards compatibility came out and even busted out my 360 when it didn't seem to be running as smoothly as I remembered. It just is never going to compare favorably to our memory of it when we were teenagers.

Oh I know its bad too but I think H5 still feels slow its just now actually the same every game. In fact I complained about H3 all the time back then too. That bit is totally subjective where out of the two I preferred H3 and they both suck in their own ways. People did switch off of H3 though. CoD4, WaW, MW2 etc made H3 feel like a slideshow when you came back because they were 60FPS where Halo was 30. RSV2 was fun. Gears. Halo 2. BF Bad Company. Its not like Halo 3 didn't have much of the same competition from series that are out right now over its life time

• Upvote (+1) 3

Eli X montage boys.

it would really help if I could tell what the eff was going on in any of these clips ... what is with the over-editing for H5 montages

• Upvote (+1) 7

But H5 literally has a busted aiming system on top of the worst aiming system I've ever used in an FPS post-2001.

There is also "spartan abilities" which break the map flow and lead to massive amounts of cheese. Get caught sprinting? That's okay! Spartan charge!

Don't get me started on the weapon sandbox, because it's garbage. I loathe Halo 3, but at least I don't get pissed off over something that was intentionally designed to reward dumb plays, or break map flow, or give the illusion of speed.

The Halo 3 BR was a direct response by Bungie to make good players not as good. It was intentionally designed so noobs couldn't get instantly rekt for making bad plays, so once again, I really dont see THAT much of a difference between Halo games post Halo 2.

Are you strictly talking MLG? Because stock Halo 3 invented cheese in the Halo series. Regens and bubbles were heavily abused as get out of jail free cards. They were designed to reward dumb plays. You push a button and go from almost dieing to living. Halo 3 started cheesing and rewarding dumb plays. Equpiment went to abilities the very next game. Same concept.

Everyone has their own opinion I guess, but when you take away nostalgia and hype, NONE of which I experienced, I don't think Halo 5 is that much worse than Halo 2/Halo 3. They all have equal problems that don't outweigh each other. Halo 5 has sprint, Halo 2 has a BR that cant miss, Halo 3 has a random spread BR that can't kill people outside of short range. I don't see the big difference.

The Halo 3 BR was a direct response by Bungie to make good players not as good. It was intentionally designed so noobs couldn't get instantly rekt for making bad plays, so once again, I really dont see THAT much of a difference between Halo games post Halo 2.

Are you strictly talking MLG? Because stock Halo 3 invented cheese in the Halo series. Regens and bubbles were heavily abused as get out of jail free cards. They were designed to reward dumb plays. You push a button and go from almost dieing to living. Halo 3 started cheesing and rewarding dumb plays. Equpiment went to abilities the very next game. Same concept.

Everyone has their own opinion I guess, but when you take away nostalgia and hype, NONE of which I experienced, I don't think Halo 5 is that much worse than Halo 2/Halo 3. They all have equal problems that don't outweigh each other. Halo 5 has sprint, Halo 2 has a BR that cant miss, Halo 3 has a random spread BR that can't kill people outside of short range. I don't see the big difference.

Yeah H3 was fucked up. I didn't really like it for the very reasons you mentioned.

BUT H5 drops a bigger ball than H2/3 thanks to SAs which throws off map design and the entire weapon sandbox. In H3, if you turn off equipment, you completely eliminate its influence on the game. If you turn off H5 SAs, your still playing on a maps designed for it, with aim assists intended to counter it.

There is a BIG difference.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it would really help if I could tell what the eff was going on in any of these clips ... what is with the over-editing for H5 montages

I think I've enjoyed 1 or 2 Halo 5 montages. Just so meh clip wise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I've enjoyed 1 or 2 Halo 5 montages.

You mean to tell me that you don't like no scoping videos? cmon bruh...

• Upvote (+1) 4

You mean to tell me that you don't like no scoping videos? cmon bruh...

halo 3 no scoping was infinitely more satisfying than Halo 5. And the art style made halo 3 montages so much better.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H5, just like H4 and H2A is a joke montage wise. 5s multi kills, garbage medal design, easy mode sniper rifle and the poor art style make it impossible to create a decent video. And of course the fact theater is garbage now.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

halo 3 no scoping was infinitely more satisfying than Halo 5. And the art style made halo 3 montages so much better.

Bro this is teambeyond.net, you can't mention anything good about halo 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like I'm the only person who prefers H5/H2A artstyle to H3 for montages. I literally can't stand H3 montages because they look soft and ugly IMO unless a lot of updating has been done to them in post. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think I've enjoyed 1 or 2 Halo 5 montages. Just so meh clip wise.

to be fair the Eli X clips were pretty good ... but yeah, H3 montages are just 10,000x more satisfying than H5 montages 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seems like I'm the only person who prefers H5/H2A artstyle to H3 for montages. I literally can't stand H3 montages because they look soft and ugly IMO unless a lot of updating has been done to them in post.

bro the bloom and lighting in new halo games takes away from the aesthetic so much. H5 has my least favorite art style of any game i can think of.
  • Upvote (+1) 4