CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Objectively worse" Christ. People need to stop throwing that word around for shit that's 100% opinion. It doesn't add validity to an argument when it's not true.

"Objectively"

DpQ9YJl.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Halo 2 and Halo 3 weren't exactly A Tier competitive titles either though. H2 had an incredibly easy snipe and BR, and H3 was unplayable out of the box and still suffered from horrible netcode, a terrible BR, and defined the term "teamshooting" to the point you couldn't do things by yourself.

I dont think Halo 5 would have been that hated if it was released during the golden Halo/MLG years. I'm not saying Halo 5 is as good as H2/H3 MLG, but I don't find it that much worse or those games that much better. I never played H2/H3 on xbox, so with no nostalgia towards those games, I might be viewing them different than some people (not saying your opinions are nostalgia).

H2/H3 were laregly carried by the community which was multiplied by the fact it was Halo or nothing back then. Did you really enjoy Halo 3 and seeing people teamshoot and strongside away after a full clip, or did you enjoy the huge community, the birth of esports, and seeing all your favorite pros play? When you look at pure gameplay, I fail to see how Halo 5 is that different. The individual skill is still there, the teamshot is still there, the outplays, etc. I am talking strictly esports here. I agree Halo 5 doesn't have shit on Halo 3 when it comes to casual play.

But H5 literally has a busted aiming system on top of the worst aiming system I've ever used in an FPS post-2001.

There is also "spartan abilities" which break the map flow and lead to massive amounts of cheese. Get caught sprinting? That's okay! Spartan charge!

Don't get me started on the weapon sandbox, because it's garbage. I loathe Halo 3, but at least I don't get pissed off over something that was intentionally designed to reward dumb plays, or break map flow, or give the illusion of speed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The week 2 collapse is real

NA Coaching LUL

Seriously, out of all the performances NA has had at Worlds, the number 1 issue I've seen every single year across every single team is an inability to properly adapt.  It's embarrassing.

I don't know how the economics work out, but this is what I would do: as soon as Halo 6 is officially announced or teased, I'd put H5 on the Games For Gold list. Get as many people playing it. New players means new opportunities for people buying REQ packs to get up to speed. This will build momentum for next year (assuming H6 is released next year).

Regarding player outlines, one of the problems is that the outlines are still visible when the player is not obscured by a wall. The outlines make the players look blocky and low-quality, and it's hard to see shots landing on them (though this could also mask the inaccuracy of spectator mode lol)

The only problem with Halo5 on gwg is its download size.

It's a huge detractor when people are asked to delete things they like in order to play something they didn't bother to buy in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a CLG fan I enjoy watching TSM fail every year. TSM fan tears are the sweetest.

C9 will carry NA to victory!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only problem with Halo5 on gwg is its download size.

It's a huge detractor when people are asked to delete things they like in order to play something they didn't bother to buy in the first place.

This is true. I have EA Access and would give Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2 a shot but it's not worth clearing out a fifth of my hard drive in addition to the time it takes to download games that large.

In theory it would be great to integrate new players into the player pool and have H5 getting the buzz from articles talking about it being free that month in GWG but the reality is a game that's nearly 100GB isn't something most people can practically try to see if they like.

Devalues my outlines only ironman

Now I know where you get your memes

C9 will carry NA to victory!

I’m actually expecting EDG to at least win 2 games today and spoil the party. I predict C9 to lose every game today.

I think it's incredible that some people think making this game FTP is going to bring in more players, especially releasing as such close to the release of Halo 6. This game is an absolute disaster, hence why its player retention has been downright pathetic. Making it FTP isn't going to magically bring people back. It's a terrible game and its population reflects that. Just because it's FTP doesn't mean it will magically become good and people will suddenly want to play it.

Free games remove a barrier to entry- cost. I didn't see anyone suggest that making it free would make it better.

But it would get people try it who otherwise would not- Some of whom might like it.

This isn't some outlandish concept. We see free games get a boost every month.

I’m actually expecting EDG to at least win 2 games today and spoil the party. I predict C9 to lose every game today.

Imagine if TSM would of just beat Flash Wolves? You think the same things going to happen with C9 vs EDG? NA not the big of choke artists are they?

I know a lot of people didn't like H5, but I think it's far from a disaster or even terrible. While you're right that making it free to play won't magically make the game much more popular, it literally can't hurt from a playerbase perspective. Then again, player retention is a finicky thing. You can be a critically acclaimed and hyped game and still have terrible player retention. I think I read that Lawbreakers hit 10 concurrent players the other day.

Yeah I saw Lawbreakers was having a tough time.I just feel that no matter if the game is free, even if it opens it up to people who wouldn't buy it used for like $20-40, the game is so brutal (obviously another opinion) that it wouldn't hold most of those players. 

Free games remove a barrier to entry- cost. I didn't see anyone suggest that making it free would make it better.

But it would get people try it who otherwise would not- Some of whom might like it.

This isn't some outlandish concept. We see free games get a boost every month.

I made my point really poorly. I know more people are going to try it out if it's free. But the game is in such a bad state in my eyes that it won't retain very many of those people because it's simply not good enough to keep them there. Not to mention, releasing it as FTP alongside the new game seems like a weird idea to me. Why play the old one, even if it's free, when there's a new one out? Most of Halo's remaining population will probably (just a guess) switch over to H6.

Yeah I saw Lawbreakers was having a tough time.I just feel that no matter if the game is free, even if it opens it up to people who wouldn't buy it used for like $20-40, the game is so brutal (obviously another opinion) that it wouldn't hold most of those players.

I made my point really poorly. I know more people are going to try it out if it's free. But the game is in such a bad state in my eyes that it won't retain very many of those people because it's simply not good enough to keep them there. Not to mention, releasing it as FTP alongside the new game seems like a weird idea to me. Why play the old one, even if it's free, when there's a new one out? Most of Halo's remaining population will probably (just a guess) switch over to H6.

There's no telling who it would retain. At worst, it would retain some, and that's better that the population we have now.

You wouldn't release the free game alongside the sequel. You would do it several months prior. The point would be to increase engagement with the brand prior to the launch of the new iteration. You let the old game be a part of the marketing cycle for the new one. People who download H5 for free, then decided to switch over to H6, would probably not have bought H6 at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Objectively worse" Christ. People need to stop throwing that word around for shit that's 100% opinion. It doesn't add validity to an argument when it's not true.

Youre right, giant thick outlines and reticule lag isnt objectively worse
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Youre right, giant thick outlines and reticule lag isnt objectively worse

I know, thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The Money Matches is live.

This is not a drill.

Repeat.

This is not a drill.

https://themoneymatches.com/#!/home 

I posted this link yesterday and it was immediately removed by mods ...???  So watch out everyone lol

edit: looks like it was a spam filter, no harm done

I posted this link yesterday and it was immediately removed by mods ...??? So watch out everyone lol

Looks like our spam filter caught the url, corrected that.