CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To continue the discussion from a couple months ago:

I had Zaxby’s today for the first time and it’s the best.

It’s the best chicken place out there.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thank you. +rep.

I know you're being appreciative which is nice but this reminded me of uber drivers saying '5 Stars' at the end of a trip, hoping that takes away from the fact they clearly smoke in it between passengers.

To make this my first, somewhat on-topic post; props to @@Moses_FPS for making me aware of a halo lan in my home town, Brisbane Australia. Thank you. +rep.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love how they always put mixer.com/halo before twitch.tv/halo. It's never happening Microsoft!

I mean... you can't blame them...

Just a lil' prediction: Tapping Buttons will replace Bubu on Splyce 

This is a weird one to me. Tapping already plays more like Renegade and Shottzy, I don't think they need a third one like that. Why do you think so?

Outlines definitely have room for improvement - but I think they add so much to the broadcast. I love seeing how many players are pushing to certain locations, the dramatic irony of seeing 1 player about to enter a room with 3 enemies, etc. I also think it helps casters out big time, especially for online broadcast where they only see 1 POV at a time. Definitely get the desire to see the raw perspective however, and appreciate the appeal myself.

Agreed. Outlines are good for the most part. Helps improve casting which is better for the broadcast in the long term.

Just a lil' prediction: Tapping Buttons will replace Bubu on Splyce 

bubu is one of the clutchest tournament players in halo5 and has concrete chemistry with shooter. what lead you to this prediction? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Outlines definitely have room for improvement - but I think they add so much to the broadcast. I love seeing how many players are pushing to certain locations, the dramatic irony of seeing 1 player about to enter a room with 3 enemies, etc. I also think it helps casters out big time, especially for online broadcast where they only see 1 POV at a time. Definitely get the desire to see the raw perspective however, and appreciate the appeal myself.

I'm actually with you. I really don't mind the outlines. They simply help me follow the action. the sense of tension isn't lost on me, and I frankly value the ability to follow multiple players movements. Knowing an enemy is around a coroner, while the active POV doesn't, is exciting to me- it's like watching a QB about to get sacked from behind.

I get why people don't neccisarily enjoy it, though. It's probably not a bad idea to come up with some guidelines for where they are less beneficial.

I'm actually with you. I really don't mind the outlines. They simply help me follow the action. the sense of tension isn't lost on me, and I frankly value the ability to follow multiple players movements. Knowing an enemy is around a coroner, while the active POV doesn't, is exciting to me- it's like watching a QB about to get sacked from behind.

I get why people don't neccisarily enjoy it, though. It's probably not a bad idea to come up with some guidelines for where they are less beneficial.

I would say we could just have a second stream that doesn't show them but I don't really want to distract from the fact that we just need a second stream to see really important and hype matches that we don't show even though we waste hours of every tournament showing a BRB screen

To elaborate just a little with a possible improvement. Help me (the viewer) understand when the pov I'm watching from can/can't see the outlined opponent. This might sound silly but since the outlines always look the same it's sometimes hard to tell what is truly seen by that pov and what is extra information I get as a spectator.

Yes I know they can't see the outline, but with outlines on I no longer know what they do see.

i think the biggest issue to me is that the casting really doesnt change with observer mode. play by play is good for raw pov where all you focus on is the one player, but observer mode i think is the best time to take a break from play by play and dive into some quick analysis. it's one of the best opportunities to really highlight movement and set up and the strengths/weaknesses of certain positions. or if no good analyst is available at that time, its a perfect point for a listen in while we can see what the other team is doing. i think that can add to that dramatic irony

• Upvote (+1) 3

The thing i like about player outlines is seeing the PoV of some of these players almost track opponents that they can't even see from spot to spot.  Some of the Pro's are so good at predicting player movement and the outlines occasionally highlight that fact splendidly.

They would be better to have on so much if they were a little subtler as well.  right now they are so thick and bright that it can make the player models look larger than they actually are, and they accentuate the 30-fps animation at range.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Once Huke leaves it'll be NV + Saiyan and LG +Tapping. (my prediction)

say halo gets a lan focused league with mlg or gfinity, does huke still leave?