CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The fact you have to download them because devs like 343 don't care about the end user is what is considered lazy.

Are there any Xbox One console games or developers that currently offer an option to only download specific languages or audio files to the Xbox system?   No.

You can't call 343 lazy for not offering it when the tech isn't there yet. When the Microsoft Intelligent Delivery stuff is made available, and if 343 chooses to ignore it for their games, then you can call them lazy. 

I'm all for bashing 343 when it's deserved but not because of something that they can't control at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The fact you have to download them because devs like 343 don't care about the end user is what is considered lazy.

You have to download them because the compiler for the current sdk doesnt allow for games to be delivered piecemeal.

That changes with the newest update and intelligent delivery.

All of MS first party titles have had massive file sizes - which is likely part ood the reason why the Xbox team dreamt up this solution.

My (mostly uneducated) guess would be that this tweet is referring to booking CoD venues and such. 

fuck. wrong post. 

Hey TeamBeyond! I thought I would stop by and give you guys an update on my mom. So four weeks ago my mom was transferred to Detroit from Grand Rapids (4 hour drive there, and back) because the hospital that she was at in Grand Rapids lacked knowledge of my mom's condition. She went through several surgeries, and therapy that the doctors saw she was fit to come home to Grand Rapids to finish up her recovery!! I was praying she would be home today since it my birthday, and wanted to so badly celebrate it was her and it finally happened! Right now, I am leaving to go see her for the first time in 4 weeks!

To everyone that gave sent their prayers, and encouragement. Thank you. These past 5 weeks was a crazy rollercoaster, and thanks for letting me come here to let me vent and had to place to come and talk about it. You guys are the best!

7947ad8ec07de8c4b03ed2d524d87bdd.png

dude that is so good to hear! have a happy birthday with your mom! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No disrespect, but it's amazing that some of you guys are willing to watch Halo 5 esports at this point. The game is so repetitive, and after seeing the weapon tuning tests, it's clear that 343 doesn't have a clue still; even if it is only a test, someone thought those changes would be a good enough idea to test. This past weekend, I went to ESL One NY and it was an incredible experience, even for someone like myself that doesn't know the extreme intricacies of the game. CS is an enigma, but it's still amazing that the game has held up for so long despite minimal changes from game to game and season to season. It's depressing when you consider the direction Halo has gone; not in terms of gameplay, but figurative direction. It's just been a downward spiral. I don't blame sprint, thrust, or any advanced movement mechanics. There's just something about the game that makes it so... meh after a year. Hopefully the next Halo brings something big to the table. WW2 has showed that a return to the classic can revitalize a fanbase. CS has shown that you don't need the most advanced game (on the surface) to have longevity. If Halo doesn't do something amazing, then I dunno what will happen to Halo esports.

Maybe if things were different, I would've been watching Halo at the Barclays Center instead of CS:GO.  :mj:

36913314270_86645f55e2_o.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No disrespect, but it's amazing that some of you guys are willing to watch Halo 5 esports at this point. The game is so repetitive, and after seeing the weapon tuning tests, it's clear that 343 doesn't have a clue still; even if it is only a test, someone thought those changes would be a good enough idea to test. This past weekend, I went to ESL One NY and it was an incredible experience, even for someone like myself that doesn't know the extreme intricacies of the game. CS is an enigma, but it's still amazing that the game has held up for so long despite minimal changes from game to game and season to season. It's depressing when you consider the direction Halo has gone; not in terms of gameplay, but figurative direction. It's just been a downward spiral. I don't blame sprint, thrust, or any advanced movement mechanics. There's just something about the game that makes it so... meh after a year. Hopefully the next Halo brings something big to the table. WW2 has showed that a return to the classic can revitalize a fanbase. CS has shown that you don't need the most advanced game (on the surface) to have longevity. If Halo doesn't do something amazing, then I dunno what will happen to Halo esports.

Maybe if things were different, I would've been watching Halo at the Barclays Center instead of CS:GO.  :mj:

36913314270_86645f55e2_o.jpg

I understand watching the NA scene because we have the best players and teams. But who the fuck actually gets enjoyment from watching EU teams play other EU teams? 

• Downvote (-1) 7

I understand watching the NA scene because we have the best players and teams. But who the fuck actually gets enjoyment from watching EU teams play other EU teams?

Dozens ...
  • Upvote (+1) 2

About 1-2k people.

I dont get how we just had the best run tourney this year with some good gameplay and yet people still shit on eu having its own scene

• Upvote (+1) 9

I dont get how we just had the best run tourney this year with some good gameplay and yet people still shit on eu having its own scene

This ain't a scene

It's a goddamned arms race

• Upvote (+1) 9

This ain't a scene

It's a goddamned arms race

I simultaneously love and hate everything about this post.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey beyond! Just got an email confirmation from Tom earlier today and I'll be moving up to Redmond in the next few weeks to build mp maps for the next Halo. Super stoked to finally apply my talents to a game I'm passionate about, and that we're all passionate about :) I'll do my best to create some truly memorable maps for all of us that will stick with us for the next 15 years just like Dammy. Maps that only have character but hold up at the highest level. See you guys around!

#weback

Wow dude that's great! Is it just you or a bunch of other forgers as well?