CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tashi doesn't actually know anything. 343 can't even figure out how to pay the teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

this shitshow is really starting to unravel isn't it?

starting to? :intensifies:

Does anybody know the actual correct usage of the CatChief emoji???

• Upvote (+1) 4

NV has been shitting on everyone is scrims the last couple weeks. They've been beating everyone 12-1 or 11-2 including TL and Splyce.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's because if he was doing anything other than trying to deflect he wouldn't have said that at all. Its very naive to think out of all of these players and employees nobody would've checked their own camp first.

I'd imagine this is a bit of an issue though. A lot of people probably bought those skins because they wanted to support their chosen team(s) and finding out that didn't actually happen is going to put people off from purchasing more and gives out more lessons to not trust 343 with anything

I'm sure it is one of those 343 dysfunctional things - it's not like Microsoft or 343 are holding back the money on purpose there simply is no one designated with the actual job of collecting and distributing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Good to see something like this from the Xbox team:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/09/19/xbox-one-takes-steps-to-reduce-download-times-and-save-hard-drive-space/

Makes a lot of sense, our Xbox storage's fate rests in developers' hands now.

So they are adding options for install that PC players have had forever?  How novel...

This better be part of the Halo 5 4k update otherwise the install is going to be ginormous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they are adding options for install that PC players have had forever?  How novel...

This better be part of the Halo 5 4k update otherwise the install is going to be ginormous.

You could literally say that about half the things that consoles get...

annoyed-you-with-my-friendship.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

You could literally say that about half the things that consoles get...

annoyed-you-with-my-friendship.gif

The truth hurts.

I remember when the customs browser came out for H5.  On one hand i was thinking "Nice.  this could be great if executed properly"  and on the other hand i was thinking "Its about FUCKING time we got something that PC users have basically had for decades"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, they're expanding upon it, for example you can choose to install only the MP or SP for a game, the steam solution(and overall PC solution) for that atm is that you get two games in your library: one MP and one SP, cluttering your library & if you do want to download both MP & SP, you (I think) end up downloading the same data that exists in both I believe. If steam(and other PC platforms) would implement a similar system and standardize installation options through steam I'd be golden.

Actually, they're expanding upon it, for example you can choose to install only the MP or SP for a game, the steam solution(and overall PC solution) for that atm is that you get two games in your library: one MP and one SP, cluttering your library & if you do want to download both MP & SP, you (I think) end up downloading the same data that exists in both I believe. If steam(and other PC platforms) would implement a similar system and standardize installation options through steam I'd be golden.

so it looks like this is for digital copies of the game, but what i want to know i it will work with disc installations too

so it looks like this is for digital copies of the game, but what i want to know i it will work with disc installations too

Disc Games still get fully installed to the hard drive and of course updates are only installed on the hard drive. That could be refined just by choosing what gets pulled from this disk. But games that fit on the disk are relatively small compared to the games mentioned in the articles announcing this feature. Anything over ~50GB requires an additional download anyway. Disks for Xbox One exist solely for faster installs, physical licensing, and collectability. 

So in short, the features will likely be implemented the exact same way, you'll just need your disk.

This has implications for disk installs as well as this new storage solution will enable multi-disc games for the first time on xb1. It doesn't take a stretch to imagine that users will be able to decide which "chunks" they want to install from disks as well.

The truth hurts.

I remember when the customs browser came out for H5.  On one hand i was thinking "Nice.  this could be great if executed properly"  and on the other hand i was thinking "Its about FUCKING time we got something that PC users have basically had for decades"

I just get tired of people countering every bit of positive bit with "PC has it".

I am aware. Most people are aware. We are not fooling ourselves. I like some good news every now and then.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Microsoft should just fine developers of any game that takes up more than 50 GB. It's honestly just lazy developers shoving tons of uncompressed audio and foreign language files into our HDDs. They know there are no repercussions and it's easier to do it that way. This laziness will not stop until a big player like Microsoft or Sony steps up and tells them to stop with this nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Microsoft should just fine developers of any game that takes up more than 50 GB. It's honestly just lazy developers shoving tons of uncompressed audio and foreign language files into our HDDs. They know there are no repercussions and it's easier to do it that way. This laziness will not stop until a big player like Microsoft or Sony steps up and tells them to stop with this nonsense.

I didn't realize that providing alternate language options for non-English gamers and offering the best audio experience for players was considered lazy...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Nah.  You can't be a fascist about it.  Microsoft owns the platform so they need to provide the tools within said platform for devs to work with.  The Xone hardware is anemic, so decompressing shit would take forever so that's not an option if we want reasonable load times.  This new feature is an answer to that.

They'd be fining primarily their own devs.

I'm sure compiling everything once with all the redundant files on every copy reduces distribution logistics, especially when you consider people living in a particular region might prefer speaking a foreign language. Allowing users to choose what they want is a good remedy for these issues.

I didn't realize that providing alternate language options for non-English gamers and offering the best audio experience for players was considered lazy...

The fact you have to download them because devs like 343 don't care about the end user is what is considered lazy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i completely forgot pro league started back up again. 

Zka5klM.png

its hard to believe that there's 2 more weeks of pro league before another 3 week break and denver then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 5