CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you know UMG is hurting for money when they can't even payout a $75K tournament

Didnt umg partner with beyond earlier this year?

And i thought 343 ponied up prize money. They said they had added 25k to the pool from req packs

Not gonna lie if I didn't get breaks at events I would probably be dead by 40, people underestimate how draining it is to sit under bright lights for hours on end constantly talking. It really strains your eyes and whole body by the end, with less casters it would mean less breaks, less breaks for casters means the whole show suffers.

I honestly struggle working online broadcasts purely from the amount of series done in succession with 5 minute max breaks, it's pretty draining

Pussy

• Upvote (+1) 8

Didnt umg partner with beyond earlier this year?

And i thought 343 ponied up prize money. They said they had added 25k to the pool from req packs

We did, but we are working with them to grow online Halo tournaments.

-----

It looks like @@Tashi also responded about it - seems to be a lot of working parts involved:

• Upvote (+1) 1

your lack of good breaks mixed with consistently long wait times is concerning

I never said I didn't get breaks, I said if there was less casters I would get less breaks

• Upvote (+1) 1

We did, but we are working with them to grow online Halo tournaments.

-----

It looks like @@Tashi also responded about it - seems to be a lot of working parts involved:

https://twitter.com/Tashi343i/status/907720671010148352

I never figured you did, i was just curious if umg us having troubles paying its debts does that affect the beyond partnership at all

And it really all falls on 343 anyway. As the head if this whole thing its up to them to make sure that everything is handled properly and promptly. This doesnt seem to be an isolated event. Werent there some pros complaining about still not getting payed from worlds events? there should be one person/group that have  control of the checkbook and can send out prize money w/n a month at most. it shouldnt be that hard

I never figured you did, i was just curious if umg us having troubles paying its debts does that affect the beyond partnership at all

And it really all falls on 343 anyway. As the head if this whole thing its up to them to make sure that everything is handled properly and promptly. This doesnt seem to be an isolated event. Werent there some pros complaining about still not getting payed from worlds events? there should be one person/group that have  control of the checkbook and can send out prize money w/n a month at most. it shouldnt be that hard

When you first get a new job, usually your first paycheck will be withheld which means for most people that work consistently, even if they are switching jobs, dont have to wait more than a month to get paid.

Employee expenses are generally paid monthly.

Hell, the last 2 rebates i had to mail in for from Newegg took less than 4 weeks to get.

Surely 343/TOs can pay their players within a month for tournaments that they know are coming well in advance?

Surely 343/TOs can pay their players within a month for tournaments that they know are coming well in advance?

There are a lot of moving parts players and fans may not see to get these prizes - with major tournament wins I honestly thought the norm was between 3-6 months with these things. I could be wrong though, but this is what I've heard in the past with winnings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20672817/sources-optic-obtains-owl-spot-applies-lcs

optic has supposedly bought an OWL spot for houston with the backing of the texas rangers owner. they have also applied to the NALCS for their expansion and are apparently in phase 2 of the application process and on a short list of teams in consideration to get into the league.

good luck to optic. i hope they get both and succeed in them as well

Optic Lazer for the OWL has a nice ring to it, dontcha think?

Lol

Who do you guys think OG will get for their OW team?

Hopefully Formal

If they arent buying out another team and making one from scratch i can see seagull as a possibility.

There are a lot of moving parts players and fans may not see to get these prizes - with major tournament wins I honestly thought the norm was between 3-6 months with these things. I could be wrong though, but this is what I've heard in the past with winnings.

i guess i can see that when it comes to getting w-2s and other tax related forms but it seems that for established pros, they would have that kind of thing on file. it just seems weird that 3-6 months would be the norm. most payroll software will take care of taxes if the correct info is on file and tell the bank to send the check. do other games have that same delay in payment?

• Upvote (+1) 1

GB on his time in Overwatch. Also says he might be doing Denver for Halo so that's cool.

sgFup6x.png

kinda says it all. i thought halo had treated him bad but damn the ow community is downright mean. 

he also said he's going to try to work the new cod so that should be cool

sgFup6x.png

kinda says it all. i thought halo had treated him bad but damn the ow community is downright mean. 

he also said he's going to try to work the new cod so that should be cool

They're bigger generally and on sites like Reddit and Twitter it's easy to make shitposting accounts. Like he said, with Halo he knows who he's talking to.

He pretty much hit the nail on the head bringing Anders and Semmler OW performance at Eleague. For all their prestige in CS (especially at the time), stylistically and with the lack of game knowledge they were completely out of their depth at that event. GB and Mr X were actually putting on a much better performance with pure caster/colour and I think in a way they were fortunate Semmler had to leave for personal reasons and Anders got to cast with ZP which kind of saved their asses.

They're bigger generally and on sites like Reddit and Twitter it's easy to make shitposting accounts. Like he said, with Halo he knows who he's talking to.

He pretty much hit the nail on the head bringing Anders and Semmler OW performance at Eleague. For all their prestige in CS (especially at the time), stylistically and with the lack of game knowledge they were completely out of their depth at that event. GB and Mr X were actually putting on a much better performance with pure caster/colour and I think in a way they were fortunate Semmler had to leave for personal reasons and Anders got to cast with ZP which kind of saved their asses.

i also agree that some of the criticisms he gets could just as easily be given to the other casters in contenders. he isn't the best caster but i think he's gotten better of the past few weeks especially when you look at contenders as a training ground like he said it was. i thin he should watch some of the ogn english casters to keep improving, but i don't see any reason why he shouldnt continue in ow

The OW community is largely delusional

Hopefully OWL doesn't crash and burn too hard and damage the rest of the industry

• Upvote (+1) 3

I won a Halo 3 tournament at a local game shop back in 2010 and got paid IN CASH on the spot.

Explain that  :lxthul:

Obviously the level of competition at your local store was below average  :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won a Halo 3 tournament at a local game shop back in 2010 and got paid IN CASH on the spot.

Honestly the money should be rolled out in a chest as soon as it's over like when Peter La Fleur won all that money betting on his team in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

The OW community is largely delusional

Hopefully OWL doesn't crash and burn too hard and damage the rest of the industry

i dont think it will crash and i don't think it will damage esports as a whole if it fails. this is something else @@GoldenboyFTW mentioned in that twitch video which i agree with: you aren't going to get the people who have been investing to put $20mil on the line without a clearly defined direction and strong opportunity for growth. i'm glad a lot of sports team owners like robert kraft are involved, because they know how to build and market a brand within a city based league. they might be shitty people who can't build a good football team (kroenke) but they know how to make it profitable. not only will they be looking for tv licencing (HotS is on Disney XD and another disney owned company has the rights to LoL) but they will use their 5 local events/year to create a type of grassroots/local scene that can even act as a farm league for the OWL team

do i wish the buy out was lower? of course. i can't find the espn article, but some prospective teams have stated that they wished the price of the OWL buy in (20) and the NALCS expansion buy in (~10) were reversed and they'd go for both instead of just NALCS. but if someone like hecz and some of the other participants see something worthwhile here, then i think it will be a good league that will hopefully become something much larger

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're right. I'm totally stumped.

I've seen you play. How the hell did you win a tournament?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1