CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maniac says he gets hate because people are jealous of him.

Whatever you have to tell yourself.

I mean he's not wrong. I wish I could sleep all day and bang around on a synth board too - I mean I'd do other things, but I'm jealous of his time for sure.

There is also some who might say he has zero talent. These people may or may not be wrong. 

They are not wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I mean he's not wrong. I wish I could sleep all day and bang around on a synth board too - I mean I'd do other things, but I'm jealous of his time for sure.

There is also some who might say he has zero talent. These people may or may not be wrong. 

They are not wrong.

Maniac is the guy who made me a Competitive Halo Fan, and more of a fan since he has been a member of OpTic, it is sad to see him give up youtube content, which people obviously enjoy. I can understand however, if you have no motivation to do something, it is really hard to do it. especially in his situation since he lives rent free in a gaming house with a salary from OpTic gaming as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Six casters working 3 days, with 4 on screen at one time, with others filming content etc when they arent seems fine to me. 

Hope it works out for those working then, best of luck this weekend!

• Upvote (+1) 1

After the production of hwc london, im gonna give @@Onset the benefit of the doubt. Gfinity seems to know whats its doing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks brother, hope you tune in <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was never patched out of Halo 2 intentionally. They fixed an issue with the pistol spread that indirectly changed the BR. As far as I know their intention design for the BR was to always have spread. The Halo 3 BR was bungies intended vision for the weapon.

Plus the pre patch h2 br spread was similar too.

Wasn't no bloom no sprint reach 343 acknowledgement that the randomness in firing a precision weapon was a bad design decision? So this lesson has been learned? Right? Surely the br spread is not actually "random" now....they learned........

Maniac is the guy who made me a Competitive Halo Fan, and more of a fan since he has been a member of OpTic, it is sad to see him give up youtube content, which people obviously enjoy. I can understand however, if you have no motivation to do something, it is really hard to do it. especially in his situation since he lives rent free in a gaming house with a salary from OpTic gaming as well. 

That's awesome he got you into Halo. I never knew the Halo Maniac. 

That's awesome he got you into Halo. I never new the Halo Maniac. 

Bummer. That 09 BtH team he was on is still one of my favorite teams of all time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maniac says he gets hate because people are jealous of him.

Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Since we're talking about this I guess I'll offer my thoughts. I like Maniac, he's a really entertaining personality. here's my problem though and it's not that I'm envious:

That vision was the most meaningful thing I've seen him actually do for the org as a whole for months. Like, I get pursuing what you actually wanna do and have a passion for, but let's be realistic. If he wasn't in that house do you think spending hours a day studying beats and putting time into it would pay bills? Hell no. In the early stages of every passion you do it as a hobby or pursue formal education. You don't sit in your house putting all your days time into it and pay your bills. He's basically leveraging a fortunate situation and Hecz' generosity to get his name out there to a bunch of Optic fans. This was fine when he was on an Optic team, vlogging, or at the very least streaming. The org lives and breathes off of personalities and meaningful content that gets the brand out there.  Getting your name in the credits of vision is not doing that. Weeks ago he said this is exactly what he does not intend to do, and here we are.

It's unfortunate because he's one of my favorite members.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While it does feel more rewarding to win a gunfight with the new BR, there have been multiple times where I know I should be getting a kill and the other player just walks away alive due to random spread. I don't get it. Just remove magnetism. Have a slight upward recoil. That's it. Make players be precise and reward them for it. Don't fuck them over for being accurate with a random element. That's the worst possible thing to do

This is a very good post and should be elaborated on a little more. The BR is popular and fun weapon to use, but introducing a random element (spread) as a way to limit long range fire fights is frustrating and poor design. Recoil maybe an better idea if it is done well. In Halo 4 everyone hated recoil because it was excessive, cumulative and combine with spread. 

Recoil can work in Halo if spread is eliminated from the BR and the 3 bullets travel 1 after another in a tight, consistent pattern. And after the burst, the reticle return back to the original position (height) of fire. That way in close to mid range combat, recoil would be hardly noticeable. But in long range, the slight upward recoil may mean you miss the last 1-2 bullets of a headshot if you don't control your aimer. But at least the slight recoil at distance would be consistent and controllable, unlike spread. Just my $0.02.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The live pages are available on HDH now. There's a 'Live' button next to the old 'Stats' button. It should take you to a page that has all the same data as the existing scrim summary one.

At the top of the page should be a stream for one of the players in the scrim. I think it always defaults to a random live channel. You have the ability to change the stream by clicking on the gamertag buttons below the stream.

The point of this page is that you can watch the scrim and view the stats without having to refresh the page. The stats will automatically update on screen.

I think it will be pretty cool for pro league.

Could someone let me know how it performs if a scrim happens tonight please?

Everyone check this out right now: http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Live/2841. It's the Splyce - EG scrim, with embedded Twitch stream and stats.

This is awesome, @@Bad Dub. Have you considered increasing your poll rate for games once a scrim has started? Idr if you said you did or not. And I'm not sure how soon a finished match is pushed to the API.

edit: it doesn't seem to be updating on my page. Still stuck at 3-0 series. Updates to 5-0 when I press refresh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everyone check this out right now: http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Live/2841. It's the Splyce - EG scrim, with embedded Twitch stream and stats.

This is awesome, @@Bad Dub. Have you considered increasing your poll rate for games once a scrim has started? Idr if you said you did or not. And I'm not sure how soon a finished match is pushed to the API.

has it autorefreshed at all for you? I watched a couple games and it never did. I tried it in firefox and chrome with and without extensions and addons. Might be a polling thing as you say though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

has it autorefreshed at all for you? I watched a couple games and it never did. I tried it in firefox and chrome with and without extensions and addons. Might be a polling thing as you say though.

Nah, it didn't. I also tried in Chrome and FF. Hmm. And HDH has the series updated on the main page when you refresh. So it seems to just be an issue of not auto-refreshing.

Not gonna lie if I didn't get breaks at events I would probably be dead by 40, people underestimate how draining it is to sit under bright lights for hours on end constantly talking. It really strains your eyes and whole body by the end, with less casters it would mean less breaks, less breaks for casters means the whole show suffers.

I honestly struggle working online broadcasts purely from the amount of series done in succession with 5 minute max breaks, it's pretty draining

that's why you're the best bby <3 

Everyone check this out right now: http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Live/2841. It's the Splyce - EG scrim, with embedded Twitch stream and stats.

edit: it doesn't seem to be updating on my page. Still stuck at 3-0 series. Updates to 5-0 when I press refresh.

Eg got pounded. Outslayed by 156 kills. 3/4 with .7 kds, and the other .8

They are not wrong.

his talent was Halo, he got distracted by other opportunities he ended up blowing

I have an idea to add games faster but I haven't implemented it yet.

That sucks that its not updating. I was watching it during the Infused scrim yesterday and they were being added fine.

Did it auto update for you any time?

I'll have to check whats going on  :mj:

Not gonna lie if I didn't get breaks at events I would probably be dead by 40, people underestimate how draining it is to sit under bright lights for hours on end constantly talking. It really strains your eyes and whole body by the end, with less casters it would mean less breaks, less breaks for casters means the whole show suffers.

I honestly struggle working online broadcasts purely from the amount of series done in succession with 5 minute max breaks, it's pretty draining

your lack of good breaks mixed with consistently long wait times is concerning
  • Upvote (+1) 1