CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like it was too easy to use up close (considering its a 'rifle'), so the change kinda makes some sense to make you consider switching to pistol sometimes.

Fucking the aiming up is never the answer. Id rather it just have decreased auto aim at that range

Am i crazy or did they remove quick shooting rail?

Fucking the aiming up is never the answer. Id rather it just have decreased auto aim at that range

Am i crazy or did they remove quick shooting rail?

If I understand correctly, they didn't remove quick shooting, they increased it's base charge time.

I will never throw shade at console players though because that's where I started and the blissful ignorance of console gameplay can be a lot better than fiddling with sueprsampling settings and optimising nvidia control panel. I would do a Halo LAN over a PC LAN any day.

Halo doesn't have LAN anymore, hasn't for years. Being a PC gamer you really don't need to be a tech whiz and I mean it's a computer, basically second nature to anyone that isn't old.

Edit; have nothing against console players but it's weird reading so many viewpoints I would say are 'outdated'.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally think autos are a non-issue if they're ACTUALLY balanced.

I like autos in general.

I don't like auto design in the Halo franchise outside of Plasma Rifles (projectile autos that aren't supposed to track).  The Storm Rifle in H5 wouldn't be nearly as busted if the plasma bolts didn't literally curve to hit targets when being fired with a red reticule.

Leading shots with projectiles is a skillful method of aiming, with plenty of ways to be outplayed from the person being shot at -- I wish we got more weapons designed around this, or the Brute Shot / Concussion Rifle / Grenade Launcher.

Oh yeah, fully agree. To clarify, I meant 343 should under no circumstances try to shove their boring bullet hose weapons back into the HCS, because their auto design is no better than Bungie's since H2. This new AR might have potential, but the SMG, Storm Rifle and SAW are still just free kills, especially if they actually go through with it and make us spawn with the new nerfed BR.

I would love to see a skillful and interesting auto in Halo for once, the closest thing we've ever had to that was the CE Plasma Rifle. I mean, give the Storm Rifle zero bloom, nerf the bodyshot health damage and give it a good headshot bonus and we have an interesting weapon instead of just another CQC spray weapon.

And all they did with this update is bring the SMG to Shotgun range and the AR to SMG range. I like the AR nerf, don't get me wrong, but this update won't fix the fundamental reduncancy problem of this sandbox, they're just shifting things around.

So, why are they taking away one of the best Halo weapons (the magnum) and giving us nerfed crap? This definitely means we're not getting H6 next year. 343 will continue peddling their crap and make HCS worse than it is somehow. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

So whats actually changed

• BR now has spread, recoil and lower RoF, possibly slight aim assist nerf, but still way easier than the Magnum
  • Railgun charges slower
  • Carbine has shorter RRR
  • DMR has less aim assist unscoped
  • Grenade Launcher flies slower and has stronger arc
  • AR and SMG have massive bloom increase
  • Camo actually cloaks now
  • Sword speed increase is gone, or lowered to negligible levels
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I have in no way suggested that.

Well I can't quote the toxic post because it got removed by the mods. But it went something like "well you twats can keep ignoring everything and pretend like halo isnt on the decline." You were once again on your PCMR tirade so it sure seemed like you were trying imply cause and affect.

Halo doesn't have LAN anymore, hasn't for years. Being a PC gamer you really don't need to be a tech whiz and I mean it's a computer, basically second nature to anyone that isn't old.

Edit; have nothing against console players but it's weird reading so many viewpoints I would say are 'outdated'.

First off, Halo 4/5 are not Halo games I would consider playing at a LAN as I do not enjoy them whatsoever, I feel most post reflected that the 2001-2010 era is the one I refer to, especially considering you can't LAN Halo 5...

Second, I was using hyperbole to make a point. I've built and rebuilt my PC half a dozen times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First off, Halo 4/5 are not Halo games I would consider playing at a LAN as I do not enjoy them whatsoever, I feel most post reflected that the 2001-2010 era is the one I refer to, especially considering you can't LAN Halo 5...

Second, I was using hyperbole to make a point. I've built and rebuilt my PC half a dozen times.

That's what I'm saying, it's dated ideas. I haven't LAN'd Halo since Reach. With Dreamhack / Quakecon I can confidently say there are more byoc events / participants than those where consoles are brought.

I "LANned" MCC last week and it resulted in my friend having to buy XBL Gold so we could play together in the same room.

#just343things

#ConsoleGaming2017

• Upvote (+1) 6

So, why are they taking away one of the best Halo weapons (the magnum) and giving us nerfed crap? This definitely means we're not getting H6 next year. 343 will continue peddling their crap and make HCS worse than it is somehow.

theyre not taking away the magnum. Just testing stuff in team arena and making the br a starting weapon means everyone can use it. (probably their reasoning). But they've said nothing about removing the magnum

I "LANned" MCC last week and it resulted in my friend having to buy XBL Gold so we could play together in the same room.

#just 343things

#Consolesin2017

I'm seriously baffled XBL is still a thing. "Pay now for full online access to the games you already bought".
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm seriously baffled XBL is still a thing. "Pay now for full online access to the games you already bought".

Yup, especially now with so many games coming out on PC as well. Should I buy TF2/BF1/CoD/anything on PC, or should I buy it on Xbox, where I have to pay an additional 10$ a month for a service that is down on any big holiday and prevents me from accessing literally anything in always-online games like H5.

Will we see BR starts now or still pistol?

They will try to shove this new BR down our throats in all ranked playlist, with Social staying AR/Mag

• Upvote (+1) 1

• BR now has spread, recoil and lower RoF, possibly slight aim assist nerf, but still way easier than the Magnum
  • Railgun charges slower
  • Carbine has shorter RRR
  • DMR has less aim assist unscoped
  • Grenade Launcher flies slower and has stronger arc
  • AR and SMG have massive bloom increase
  • Camo actually cloaks now
  • Sword speed increase is gone, or lowered to negligible levels

Wait, why did they add spread to the BR?

Wait, why did they add spread to the BR?

343 logic. The BR has insane aim assist and bullet magnetism. It is very effective at any range. How do we fix this? Add spread and recoil. Also make it the starting weapon in all ranked playlist. :weback:

Damn, latest update brought more than 1.2 million players, should I dust off my Xbox and try it?

8D5sUDz.jpg

Now can we stop relying on this list for population. Destiny 2's position makes no sense on there if it was based on current players.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now can we stop relying on this list for population. Destiny 2's position makes no sense on there if it was based on current players.

You didn't catch the blatant microsoft paint job lol? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

wooosh lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright I haven't slept properly since Sep 6 

fuck lmao

RIP

You aren't the only one tho who hasn't had much sleep since last Wednesday.

• Upvote (+1) 1