CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What was the score for the str8 scrim?

Also, I think BabyJ has the potential to be decent. Just hasn't played pro level Halo. Making mistakes that don't get punished in AM. While in the Pros, that one mistake can cost you a number of kills and map control.

Hopfully he'll learn and get better.

He placed top6 last tourney. Hes fine
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Had a ton of fun in the ww2 Beta, cant wait to play it November. With destiny 2 coming out Wednesday and ww2 in November I see my days of playing h5 pretty much over sadly, unless H5 gets some massive updates, which seems very unlikely. Hopefully H6 can hype me back up for Halo. 

Also copped one of the Red 100Thieves hoodies from the restock yesterday  :ace: Thanks Nade! 

Didn't know Lawbreakers was doing so bad. Always thought this game will be a hit with strong player base and growing exports scene. Wow.

And here we are in a situation where market is full of everything but arena shooters, and 343 is trying to make Halo look like mix of all other games. Feels like huge missed opportunity from any angle you look at it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember when we played the beta it was so easy to find matches and was so much fun to play.

Shame how far its fallen so quickly. The $30 price I thought was smart but I guess a $15 price would've done better. I knew it was launching into a crowded market and in a time when people are getting overloaded with shooters.

It's counterintuitive, but i think the game woulda done better as an Xbox exclusive- at least timed.

Shooters tend to do disproportionately well on Xbox. They'd also have the "From the mind behind Gears of War" marketing angle, plus the fact that Xbox is starved for good games.

It's just too easy to get drowned out by the lineup on PC and PS4 at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's counterintuitive, but i think the game woulda done better as an Xbox exclusive- at least timed.

Shooters tend to do disproportionately well on Xbox. They'd also have the "From the mind behind Gears of War" marketing angle, plus the fact that Xbox is starved for good games.

It's just too easy to get drowned out by the lineup on PC and PS4 at this point.

Maybe but honestly they just released the wrong genre of shooter if you're going to be releasing in 2016/17. If it was just unquestionably better than others of its like it could work but that would be very hard to do

Technically doesnt start til tonight for me.

GO VOLS!

outside of my razorbacks winning, my favorite part of the first week of football is the tennessee who looked like he bought a ticket for the wrong night and showed up to the alabama/fsu game on accident

XGqnojR.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

outside of my razorbacks winning, my favorite part of the first week of football is the tennessee who looked like he bought a ticket for the wrong night and showed up to the alabama/fsu game on accident

Saw that live and thought that was pretty damn funny.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You have a timestamp for that particular match, Onset? Didn't get a chance to watch any of it yesterday. 

Its the grand finals mate - Went to a second best of 7 so just scroll back from the end of the broadcast :)

Edit - Our lord and saviour @@Moses_FPS has you covered ;)

Lawbreakers: hero shooter #5001 plus the genius PR of Cliffy B being a massive, egotistical douche. The reality is that the market is past the point where you can meaningfully chase the hero shooter trend by fucking up your own IP. The big names are already established. No amount of saying "it's totally not like Overwatch at all" will change that and making a "hard" hero shooter completely defeats the purpose of appealing to that crowd. They are casuals. They want shallow character match-ups and role-based team synergy; not mechanical difficulty.

I eagerly await the announcement of Halo 6: Champions.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Didn't know Lawbreakers was doing so bad. Always thought this game will be a hit with strong player base and growing exports scene. Wow.

And here we are in a situation where market is full of everything but arena shooters, and 343 is trying to make Halo look like mix of all other games. Feels like huge missed opportunity from any angle you look at it.

Halo isn't an arena shooter though....
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo isn't an arena shooter though....

It has been considered one since its existence, even if the game now looks like a generic sci-fi shooter now.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I took one look at the trailer and thought "Hello Battleborn 2"

It has been considered one since its existence, even if the game now looks like a generic sci-fi shooter now.

Halo only has 1 of the genres 4 big pillars: equals starts.It doesn't have fast paced skillful movement, the high emphasis on map/pickup control that games like ut and quake have, or pickups (halo only has weapon pickups.It doesn't have health or armor pickups). Those are just the big 4 I could list off minor differences like regenerating health,lack of verticality, melees not being tied to a specific weapon, concept of a utility weapon, concept of a power weapon, completely different functioning sandboxes,and the ability to carry more than 2 weapons.Like I said before it's not an arena shooter.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've played Forza 5?

Nah but it takes your friends list and uses that for names. Similar to Call of Duty and combat training.

Halo only has 1 of the genres 4 big pillars: equals starts.It doesn't have fast paced skillful movement, the high emphasis on map/pickup control that games like ut and quake have, or pickups (halo only has weapon pickups.It doesn't have health or armor pickups). Those are just the big 4 I could list off minor differences like regenerating health,lack of verticality, melees not being tied to a specific weapon, concept of a utility weapon, concept of a power weapon, completely different functioning sandboxes,and the ability to carry more than 2 weapons.Like I said before it's not an arena shooter.

I think it's fair to call H1 an arena shooter. It doesn't fit perfectly with the rest of the genre, and it's the only Halo game that really fits at all, but it definitely hits the core values of arena shooters. If anything, the biggest deviation from traditional arena shooters is how powerful you are off of spawn, and like you said you don't have to run around the map to regenerate your shields.

• Upvote (+1) 1