CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

With that, if anything it's so much easier to run tourneys these days with social media, forums, challonge, etc. That's why it was awesome to see people like Jwalk run them on the past, he didn't make excuses - he did it.

Didnt you offer the stream and tweet support? Basically all it needs now is some maps. If its as easy flipping a switch, why arent we watching "orii's team beyond master chief memorial celebrity no sprint awareness pro-am fun run tourney for the cure"?

I guess I have "retired"? Can I at least keep the green name  :kappa:

Main reasoning is that over 2 years, little change has been made. With talks at 343 in person as well, I feel that Halo will be going down this road of advanced movement and "Spartan-like" gameplay, which I strongly disagree with. It's time for a change, and that is stepping away from this franchise for the foreseeable future. 

The "dropford" meme didn't really affect this decision, however to get dropped from several teams where you felt you had the chance to really improve is really disheartening and just made me feel like I was constantly wasting my time.

I won't be competing in WW2 or any other FPS games or games in general. Gonna focus on myself for the time being.

Thank you for all the support on this site during my time posting as a shitposter and shitplayer. Appreciate it.

Sad to see you go, but can't say I blame you. Best of luck!

May dropford forever live on

We count Halo 4 wins???

Some of those AGL were hype, I'd consider the Top 3 for a lot of those as something. Are we not going to count the Halo 5 Orange County event next because of 28 teams?

Curious to see how we draw the line.

Some of those AGL were hype, I'd consider the Top 3 for a lot of those as something. Are we not going to count the Halo 5 Orange County event next because of 28 teams?

Curious to see how we draw the line.

we draw the line in Halo4 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can't take criticism? We've updated our tournaments and forums whenever people have issues. Obviously we won't do everything since it really comes down to what it is.

You can type all you want, but at the end of the day you are just someone who wants things done but won't get your hands dirty. You continue to talk a big game, just wish you use the time you waste making excuses over and over again to actually get these ideas done. You have tools around now, hell we even would help promote it but you don't want to.

It's a shame really, now I'm sure you'll comeback with some lackluster excuse as usual since that's what you put your energy into.

I'm not sure what else can be said here.

Yes. I want things to change without myself actually doing any of it.

Most people here want better run halo events. Are they going to go volunteer at events? No. That doesn't mean they can't complain.

You have a platform from which you can advocate for change. You just don't. You just sit idly by as halo dies. Complaining but not actually doing anything that actually helps. So, ya. Im not a huge fan of that.

no, it's not the same thing at all

a no sprint tournament isn't even a good idea, h5 in it's current form would play like dog shit without sprint

oriii is just as foolish as the people who believe we should have kept playing halo 3 for the last ten years

Ya. Except evolved settings which originated here are roughly 8.4 million times greater then default h5.

Actually it's some of the most fun halo gameplay I've ever played including ce/2/3.

Yiuve probably never even played any alt settings.

Also didn't neighbour come out and say h5 plays great with no Sprint?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You have a platform from which you can advocate for change. You just don't. You just sit idly by as halo dies. Complaining but not actually doing anything that actually helps. So, ya. Im not a huge fan of that.

You literally have that exact same platform and sit idly by as Halo dies. Complaining but not actually doing anything that actually helps. TeamBeyond said they would help promote your event which means you'd get the same eyes that the site normally gets. I'm not a huge fan of that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sure as much as we complain, someone sees it. Is 343i going to listen? Maybe, but from what we have seen over the past 1-2 years, we haven't seen anything happen from their end. Worlds 2017 is what we all wanted to avoid. I could've have 343 a better venue than a jiffy lube and I hardly have any experience in Esports. I'm very curious what 2018 holds for Halo and if they are smart, they announce things at Denver.

You literally have that exact same platform and sit idly by as Halo dies. Complaining but not actually doing anything that actually helps. TeamBeyond said they would help promote your event which means you'd get the same eyes that the site normally gets. I'm not a huge fan of that.

They said they would tweet it out once it's all set up lol

They have a whole infrastructure already set up. Running a tourney for them is as simple as just using alt settings. They're already running the events.

I'm very curious what 2018 holds for Halo and if they are smart, they announce things at Denver.

Good one! As far as I can remember, they never announced anything while they had tens of thousands watching an event. Usually it's some shitty announcement weeks later when nobody cares anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

<3 @Clap 

came here to post this

When people are STILL responding to Oriiii

MuuOSMZ.gif

we are bored m8

• Upvote (+1) 1

9KU5hZI.gif

i think its time we all move on

Then halo is dead.

Which is super sad considering the COD fanbase was able to stick it out until cod went back to it's roots. But the halo fanbase just caves.

I suppose at this point all the real halo fans have moved on.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Who is the worst player on EG?

I'm thinking it's Roy right now. Lunchbox has a massive choke potential but his decision making is usually great, maybe even top tier (if we believe @Lethul). Roy is just lackluster in every way now besides his pistol, which is only slightly above average (relative to the pros). Falc and Tapping are much better at 1v1 encounters and movement mechanics than he is. His awareness in H5 lately has been pretty bad too.

It's been roy for a while now
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Then halo is dead.

Which is super sad considering the COD fanbase was able to stick it out until cod went back to it's roots. But the halo fanbase just caves.

I suppose at this point all the real halo fans have moved on.

COD is on 1-year cycles, so every year you have hope. With 3 year cycles in Halo and them already announcing Halo 6 will be based on Halo 5's mechanics, we know it's at least 4 years away before it goes back to roots (if it does). Where's the hope in that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

COD is on 1-year cycles, so every year you have hope. With 3 year cycles in Halo and them already announcing Halo 6 will be based on Halo 5's mechanics, we know it's at least 4 years away before it goes back to roots (if it does). Where's the hope in that?

Link to that info?