CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i think if EG dropped falcated for Ace that would be decent.  Idt ex-OS would make a change but he could improve that team potentially, idk too much about nem or dastroyed so i cant say to much.  If ninja really retired then he would go to LG im pretty sure.  If ninja didnt idk where he would go, maybe apg for Ace on LG idk

i think if EG dropped falcated for Ace that would be decent. Idt ex-OS would make a change but he could improve that team potentially, idk too much about nem or dastroyed so i cant say to much. If ninja really retired then he would go to LG im pretty sure. If ninja didnt idk where he would go, maybe apg for Ace on LG idk

idk
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Warning: All oxygen related puns will result in an immediate upvote from me.

asking for dad jokes? you must be suffering from oxygen deprivation

O2_Tank_Violation_18.jpg?t=1382561202000

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know it can rustle jimmies for some people around here but I would expect major org interest in Halo to decline further than it has even now. Viewership has gone down, the league is scheduled for a snail's pace, and the future beyond this pro league season is murky at best, desolate at worst.

I'd love to see TSM, Dignitas, Cloud 9, Fnatic, UoL, and all of the other big time orgs in Halo too. But beyond the outlook being bleak, there's no roster stability in the scene. One of the big things for teams like TSM and C9 is that their players have built up big followings which translates into fans of the org itself. Look at C9 Sneaky or Bjergsen and Doublelift from TSM. You could invest in a top 3 team in Halo and after 1 event and some whining about contracts, you might be looking at an amateur quality roster. Halo is going to have a really hard time becoming "legitimate" as a mainstream game from a perspective standpoint if the rosters continue to change as much as they always have.

I totally get it. Rostermania is a part of what makes competitive Halo itself. I just don't think that particular aspect reconciles at all with the mindset of major organizations.

I wonder if it would be viable for players to be sponsored individually by organizations and for it to have no impact on teams? It sounds really abstract and it probably wouldn't work but it makes me wonder.

• Upvote (+1) 5

why each org is involved with halo imo

EG - sponsored by xfinity, which sponsor the pro league + ESL, used to be good

Maybe EG just felt bad abandoning the Canadians in 2005/2006 and decided to make up for it?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

For cod champs:

Group Stage

The group stage of the CWL Championship will be broadcast across 4 streams. The Alpha stream will be the primary stream for the group stage. While the Alpha match will take priority, the stream will also jump around to key points of the various matches occurring simultaneously. Our 5-man desk will provide commentary over the action—this will function similar to the NA LCQ broadcast.

Alpha (5 man panel)

Bravo (casted)

Charlie (gameplay only)

Delta (gameplay only

First two days 4 streams plus 3 international streams for german, french, and italian. Very expensive stuff :kappa:

Pls no, EG has potential as a team, especially if they dont split

They lost to oxygen, werent close to nv, and got lucky they had to play an eu for top8. They beat lg in 5 yeah, but that was it. I wouldnt look too deeply at their top6 performance
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I know it can rustle jimmies for some people around here but I would expect major org interest in Halo to decline further than it has even now. Viewership has gone down, the league is scheduled for a snail's pace, and the future beyond this pro league season is murky at best, desolate at worst.

I'd love to see TSM, Dignitas, Cloud 9, Fnatic, UoL, and all of the other big time orgs in Halo too. But beyond the outlook being bleak, there's no roster stability in the scene. One of the big things for teams like TSM and C9 is that their players have built up big followings which translates into fans of the org itself. Look at C9 Sneaky or Bjergsen and Doublelift from TSM. You could invest in a top 3 team in Halo and after 1 event and some whining about contracts, you might be looking at an amateur quality roster. Halo is going to have a really hard time becoming "legitimate" as a mainstream game from a perspective standpoint if the rosters continue to change as much as they always have.

I totally get it. Rostermania is a part of what makes competitive Halo itself. I just don't think that particular aspect reconciles at all with the mindset of major organizations.

I wonder if it would be viable for players to be sponsored individually by organizations and for it to have no impact on teams? It sounds really abstract and it probably wouldn't work but it makes me wonder.

Assuming orgs don't just downright force players to have stable rosters, I think the best we can hope for in Halo is for certain players to stay attached long term to their orgs, and for teams to be built around these players. Roybox and EG are a perfect example of this. Everyone clamors for Roybox to retire, but they're exactly what we need: likable players attached to an org long term who produce regular content.

• Upvote (+1) 6

snip

I agree. I want those bigger orgs in halo but the roster instability present is probably a really big turn off for those bigger orgs. I'd rather have matches as entertainment than people changing teams
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Assuming orgs don't just downright force players to have stable rosters, I think the best we can hope for in Halo is for certain players to stay attached long term to their orgs, and for teams to be built around these players. Roybox and EG are a perfect example of this. Everyone clamors for Roybox to retire, but they're exactly what we need: likable players attached to an org long term who produce regular content.

Roybox is a perfect example. Besides being big names from Halos of yore, I would wager that a lot of the people who still root for EG do so mostly because of their loyalty to the twins. But being with EG for so long has established some goodwill towards that org from fans of the scene. I'm personally always going to be happy to see them succeeding after all they've done around Halo.

It's been said here before, but for Halo to trend upward and become more relevant, things about the scene will need to change. We'll never get there without a good Halo game from launch day, but I worry lately that even with that unlikely miracle, competitive Halo will be held down by its own identity in a way. The player-not-To4-sponsor idea is just a spitball at something resembling a compromise. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

For cod champs:

Group Stage

The group stage of the CWL Championship will be broadcast across 4 streams. The Alpha stream will be the primary stream for the group stage. While the Alpha match will take priority, the stream will also jump around to key points of the various matches occurring simultaneously. Our 5-man desk will provide commentary over the action—this will function similar to the NA LCQ broadcast.

Alpha (5 man panel)

Bravo (casted)

Charlie (gameplay only)

Delta (gameplay only

First two days 4 streams plus 3 international streams for german, french, and italian. Very expensive stuff :kappa:

They lost to oxygen, werent close to nv, and got lucky they had to play an eu for top8. They beat lg in 5 yeah, but that was it. I wouldnt look too deeply at their top6 performance

I think you meant to say Ba90y51ag wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think this means either the whole team split up or Hamy and BabyJ are going to str8.

I'd much rather see Cratos go to str8 than BabyJ 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Cloud9 needs to come back solely for those skins.

i'm sure they will jump back in for an event, and then jump out again

• Upvote (+1) 9

Imagine rocking upto your local Microsoft store, you sit down to play and plug in your Elite controller then to be told you can't use it and have to play on default settings also when you normally play on inverted (puke).

This happened to one unlucky Redditor to be fair Microsoft have apologised and had some incompetent person in charge at late notice, bit I'd be fuming!

i think if EG dropped falcated for Ace that would be decent.  Idt ex-OS would make a change but he could improve that team potentially, idk too much about nem or dastroyed so i cant say to much.  If ninja really retired then he would go to LG im pretty sure.  If ninja didnt idk where he would go, maybe apg for Ace on LG idk

Nem was ex-OS's best player at relegations/atlanta.

why each org is involved with halo imo

OG - best team, lots of earnings

EG - sponsored by xfinity, which sponsor the pro league + ESL, used to be good

NV - pretty good, big marketable names

TL - skins i guess? made 100k at worlds

LG - ninja

Splyce - the org got an amazing bargain cause they were technically an "amateur" team, hopefully they stick around

Ronin - new org that needs exposure + legitimacy 

Str8 -  "new" org that needs exposure + good brand obviously

Think Splyce's owner is a big-time Halo fan from back in Halo 2. I might be making that up, but I thought I remembered reading that a while ago. My guess is they stay in Halo like a captain with their sinking ship, especially if they continue to see top 3 placements. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotzzy made his past broadcasts subscriber only  :mj:  RIP lunch break videos

• Upvote (+1) 6

This dude had a pretty bad experience at his MS Store Halo tournament.

• Told to arrive early so the tournament would start on time, Store didn't start registering people until 15 mins after apparent start time
  • Was told that he'd be allowed to use his own Elite controller only to be told later this wasn't allowed to keep an "level playing field"
  • Not allowed to change controller settings at all, in-game including sensitivity and control scheme (LOL)
  • The gametype was Magnum only, no secondary, only weapon on map was Tactical Magnum - I've heard that this wasn't consistent at all across MS Stores. I think @@Infinity loaded up HCS settings on his own, otherwise it was default FFA on default Truth
  • Terrible lag due to the game taking place online and not on 'LAN'

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6s7rkf/microsoft_store_halo_tournament_was_a_disaster/

While I'm happy they started these events, the instructions going out to the MS Stores need to be more clear and they need to be enforcing them more consistently. 

343 literally sent out an email to all of the stores that registered to host a tourney with step by step instructions on how to find and implement the maps and gametypes, and which settings to use. They also specifically stated in the email that players could bring their own controllers and headsets. Saw the email with my own eyes. The guy who ran the tourney in STL actually hadn't played Halo 5 before at all and he was able to run everything without a hitch. While I feel sorry for this guy who had such a horrible experience, I am pretty sure it was the store itself that let him down. Unfortunate.

• Upvote (+1) 5

343 literally sent out an email to all of the stores that registered to host a tourney with step by step instructions on how to find and implement the maps and gametypes, and which settings to use. They also specifically stated in the email that players could bring their own controllers and headsets. Saw the email with my own eyes. The guy who ran the tourney in STL actually hadn't played Halo 5 before at all and he was able to run everything without a hitch. While I feel sorry for this guy who had such a horrible experience, I am pretty sure it was the store itself that let him down. Unfortunate.

What was the turnout at the Galleria like?

What was the turnout at the Galleria like?

30 people! Great atmosphere. If you want, you can check my post history, I did a little write up on my experience.