CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry for the off topic post.

I know there are plenty who have no desire to talk and debate about Halo CE. That's not what I'm looking to do right now either, but I figure since others brought up the CE discussion already I figured I would try to get some opinions from those in this thread.

We had a lot of new viewers for BL5 which was a Halo CE 2v2 thanks to a lot of current Halo 5 pros/personalities. We are a week away from this years event and I'd love the feedback from those who tuned in last year. For example, a lot of the CE veterans prefer to have the Quad POV on the stream while it seems like that is confusing for the majority of new players.

There's a good amount of intricacies involved and I don't think we can really explain them constantly and clearly. I think from two years ago to last year was a massive improvement and this year will be another improvement as well. We are trying to bring CE into 2017 in terms of meeting stream standards, with player cam's, mic's, casters etc. 

I've always thought it would be cool to include in depth stats and stuff that is collected throughout the entire week, but that's a little much.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a reflex at this point, like imagining all old men talking like Deckard Cain or watching The Office in its entirety twice a year.

Only twice?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The dad jokes have just been flowing for the past three years, and the volume of dad-jokeable things grows exponentially with the amount of children.

It's a reflex at this point, like imagining all old men talking like Deckard Cain or watching The Office in its entirety twice a year.

Stay a while and listen!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Besides YT content and the occasional placing - what is providing revenue for these orgs? I imagine these sponsors don't do much outside of free gear and occasional air fair or entry fee.

A lot of small orgs are going to closed very soon. Sponsorship dollars will continue to move to the top teams that are also getting massive outside investment. Most orgs don't make any money or lose money due to insane salary bubbles that have popped up in multiple games. There are CSGO teams that are paying 25k+ a month per player, and they don't stream or really do anything to enhance brands. Overwatch places are being bought for $20+ million for a game that doesn't get insane viewership and is not really that enjoyable to watch.

Console specific orgs that don't have the capital to move into PC games will continue to die.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People remove Halo from the title when talking about 4.

• Hardlight Shield.
  • Hologram.
  • Promethean Vision.
  • Thruster Pack.
  • Jetpack.
  • Active Camouflage.
  • Regeneration Field.
I don't even want to talk about it honestly. Fuck that game, it's about as close to Halo as a bag of oranges.</p>

Spawning with boltshots always got me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't even want to talk about it honestly. Fuck that game, it's about as close to Halo as a bag of oranges.

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overwatch places are being bought for $20+ million for a game that doesn't get insane viewership and is not really that enjoyable to watch.

The Overwatch league is going to piss off a lot of investors and set back esports as a whole when it burns.  They're shooting for the moon before they even know if they can get off the ground.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

imagine paying 20 million dollars for the right to play in a league for a game that has zero history

there is some history https://www.over.gg/events/completed. the second world cup is having great viewership across their streams (@GoldenboyFTW is killing it up there) and honestly, if they want to do city based, its probably better to do a newer game where teams can be reformed easier that a game like csgo or dota where teams are established with players scattered across a country (or countries like liquid dota team) the people investing have experience in city based leagues (such as robert kraft) and would not pony up 20mil without blizzard showing them something worth investing in. if you are interested to see if there will be turn out, watch the burbank stage of the ow world cup this weekend. much of owl s1 will be in la because of preexisting infrastructure (not counting esl jiffy lube) so the turn out could be indicative of what we will see later this year. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're shooting for the moon before they even know if they can get off the ground.

already been there m8

OVR_BeautyShots_MoonHorizon_TF_039.png

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

there is some history https://www.over.gg/events/completed. the second world cup is having great viewership across their streams (@GoldenboyFTW is killing it up there) and honestly, if they want to do city based, its probably better to do a newer game where teams can be reformed easier that a game like csgo or dota where teams are established with players scattered across a country (or countries like liquid dota team) the people investing have experience in city based leagues (such as robert kraft) and would not pony up 20mil without blizzard showing them something worth investing in. if you are interested to see if there will be turn out, watch the burbank stage of the ow world cup this weekend. much of owl s1 will be in la because of preexisting infrastructure (not counting esl jiffy lube) so the turn out could be indicative of what we will see later this year. 

This will be the worst decision for eSports since Pistola got dropped from Triggers Down.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i want OWL to succeed for the good of esports but i'm just very skeptical

i just flat out don't see the esport growing because i don't think the game has that much longevity

• Upvote (+1) 1

This will be the worst decision for eSports since Pistola got dropped from Triggers Down.

Why though? Many orgs have a base of operations where many players live (think optic) or could buy a house as a base (eg) for a guaranteed 50k or more plus incentives per year i would be willing to move

Whaaaaaaaaaaattt.  With how their performance improved after making the change mid-season, i was not expecting that.

• Upvote (+1) 3