CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On that I agree. Halo 2v2s for the most part are cheeks after CE. H2 Warlock 2v2s are pretty good though. Basically any map that plays really fast with no power weapons is alright.

Agreed

So if ce 2v2s were the pinnacle, its all been downhill since. Thats depressing.

So if ce 2v2s were the pinnacle, its all been downhill since. Thats depressing.

At least 4v4s are up and down. I think H2 is the best 4v4, v7 Reach next best, and 5 IS better than 4 as much as I dislike 5

At least 4v4s are up and down. I think H2 is the best 4v4, v7 Reach next best, and 5 IS better than 4 as much as I dislike 5

I mean, we all watched the Splyce-Optic finals right? 5 has a crazy high level of play. Best 4's skillgap since H2 imo. I think it's:

H2 > H1 > H5 > v7 Reach > H3 >> 4

I mean this in terms of 4v4 skill separation and "pinnacle of competitive play"-ness. Obviously the community was most alive in the H3 days, which made it great for other reasons. There were a lot more teams at each skill level in H3 days, which made things more exciting and any-given-Sunday'ish. But I'd say the separation between the best pros and the average champs player is actually larger in H5, even though there are fewer teams between them. This just means there's only a handful of people in the world that can actually play against Optic competitively.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, we all watched the Splyce-Optic finals right? 5 has a crazy high level of play. Best 4's skillgap since H2 imo. I think it's:

H2 > H1 > H5 > v7 Reach > H3 >> 4

I mean this in terms of 4v4 skill separation and "pinnacle of competitive play"-ness. Obviously the community was most alive in the H3 days, which made it great for other reasons. There were a lot more teams at each skill level in H3 days, which made things more exciting and any-given-Sunday'ish. But I'd say the separation between the best pros and the average champs player is actually larger in H5, even though there are fewer teams between them. This just means there's only a handful of people in the world that can actually play against Optic competitively.

My dislike of 5 comes from the gameplay. Sure it's skillgap is high, but to me (so subjectively) H4 AGL 8, the one where Requiem won, was just as or almost as exciting. I just like it more cause it felt more "Halo" to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My dislike of 5 comes from the gameplay. Sure it's skillgap is high, but to me (so subjectively) H4 AGL 8, the one where Requiem won, was just as or almost as exciting. I just like it more cause it felt more "Halo" to me.

Your hate towards Halo 5 is making you blind. Are you really comparing competitive H5 to H4?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Your hate towards Halo 5 is making you blind. Are you really comparing competitive H5 to H4?

In terms of personal enjoyment of playing? Yes. Overall skill gap H5 is obviously better lol.

And that simplex CTF when Requiem beat Nadeds team was really fun to watch. I'd say sue me, but you are bankrupt

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Infinity If I knew about that store earlier I would have swung by but had plans already. I'd rather do the FFA than the others but I'd probably stop by for the 2v2's as well. How was the turnout? Who won? I'm not even aware of the NJ scene anymore.

The Microsoft tourney made me really optimistic for the h6 LAN scene

I miss when halo had locals

• Upvote (+1) 6

Gamer Grip, not like this  :apg: 

Blackout would've worked, just not in Halo 3  :lxthul:

The Microsoft tourney made me really optimistic for the h6 LAN scene

I miss when halo had locals

I had a really good time actually. 

The Microsoft employees hosting the event were relatively clueless regarding Halo, but they were obviously enjoying being a part of it. Met a ton of people, a lot of who found me on XBL afterwards and sent friend requests and messages - something that I haven't really experienced since H3. I think it will be really great for fostering local Halo communities. 

Plus, even though I placed 5th in the final round at my store (actually some good competition) it was awesome having Strongside commentate the match. :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

RIP oxy

Seems kind of odd. All the talk was they wanted to stay together.

Str8 Rippin is picking up this squad. Pretty much a guarantee at this point.

Seems kind of odd. All the talk was they wanted to stay together.

oxy is probably looking at other esports with a better ROI

aka almost all of them compared to halo... lol

• Upvote (+1) 9

H4 AGL 8, the one where Requiem won, was just as or almost as exciting. I just like it more cause it felt more "Halo" to me.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7