CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do people really feel a need to scramble to praise 2v2 to prove to everyone how much they like Halo CE?

2v2 being the ideal format for one Halo game released 15 years ago does not make 2v2 itself the "pinnacle of competitive Halo" when it was mediocre at best (and trash at It's worst) in every other Halo game, most of which have had far more players and more attention paid towards them.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do people really feel a need to scramble to praise 2v2 to prove to everyone how much they like Halo CE?

2v2 being the ideal format for one Halo game released 15 years ago does not make 2v2 itself the "pinnacle of competitive Halo" when it was mediocre at best (and trash at It's worst) in every other Halo game, most of which have had far more players and more attention paid towards them.

It was the best way to play in the the most competitive Halo. That makes it the pinnacle of competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1v1s and 2v2s are 100% powerweapon control and nothing else. Usually one fair fight at the start and whoever wins that gets like 10 free kills unless they suck.

sounds like someone has never played CE 2v2s

It was the best way to play in the the most competitive Halo. That makes it the pinnacle of competitive Halo.

No, that just makes ce 4s trash
  • Upvote (+1) 6

No, that just makes ce 4s trash

Somehow still more fun than H5

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You should know better of going against the CE circlejerk
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I prefer 4v4. I think it's the perfect team size. Good combination of individual skill and teamshot requirement. Meta is a little too teamshot dependent atm, but that's a sandbox issue.

H2 and H5 4v4 are more fun for me than CE 2v2. H3 LAN is as well, but online is garbo. Sue me

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm just about to make everyone VIP at this point.

Come on man Towey was coaching top Halo before Shotzzy could talk.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

The ones that work best in the competitive aspects of Halo are..

Halo 1: 2v2

Halo 2: 4v4, 2v2, FFA

Halo 3: 4v4

Reach: NBNS 4v4

Halo 4: LOL

Halo 5: 4v4

If it isn't listed for the game, it wasn't that good or had issues. H1 2v2's are god tier, but I know why people don't like them. Something something don't @

@@Towey since you aren't coaching, can you cast more? every time someone with a lot of h5 experience sits at the desk to cast or analyze it really elevates the whole experience

• Upvote (+1) 5

anyone here go to the King of Prussia one? it was pretty cool. there was like 20+ people there.

we all had a rule sheet that had pistol starts and hcs map settings. as mentioned earlier, the input lag was rough, also my normal sens felt like 10x heavier.  i got 5th, but it was def a fun time.

originally they werent going to let us use our own controllers which would have sucked big time for me, but right before we started they clarified and made an announcement

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who doesn't love getting spawn trapped?

classic case of git gud. ( :kappa: )

tbf I understand why people don't like CE 4v4. I prefer H2/H3 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I prefer H2 4v4 to CE 4v4 as well but we are talking about competitive Halo and CE is played 2v2 competitively. Any Halo 4v4 is really fun for objective games but nothing beats a sweaty game of slayer in CE doubles.

sounds like someone has never played CE 2v2s

I retract my statement. But only for CE. CE 2v2s are the pinnacle of competitive Halo but for every other Halo game fuck 2v2s

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I retract my statement. But only for CE. CE 2v2s are the pinnacle of competitive Halo but for every other Halo game fuck 2v2s

On that I agree. Halo 2v2s for the most part are cheeks after CE. H2 Warlock 2v2s are pretty good though. Basically any map that plays really fast with no power weapons is alright.

• Upvote (+1) 1

classic case of git gud. ( :kappa: )

tbf I understand why people don't like CE 4v4. I prefer H2/H3 4v4.

Halo CE 4v4 is actually my second favorite right after 2 but objectively I think 5 is probably better for 4v4 because things can get out of hand in CE.