CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lol sending a tweet or making a Facebook post is such an effortless task. Why would anyone be opposed to promoting their matches?!?!? It benefits their own brand and career.

Many players promote their own matches anyway.

Faux outrage is the best kind.

I'm not outraged at all. I agree that players should promote the streams. It helps everyone.

But requiring it is pretty lame, especially from players. Let them do them. Ask everyone to help out and promote it, but I'm not a big fan of requiring it in any way. But, like you've said, this isn't a big deal.

Of course it's about the money, it's always about the money. 

i disaree, i think most people are upset at how unfair the situation is

25K prize pool is nothing for halo, as you know

There's more castes than EU Pro teams :intensifies:

NA casters are all good... NA Teams on the other hand...  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1

THANK YOU

I'm glad somebody agrees with me.  I am not a fan of 1 life games in general.  

I can see why, but I've really been enjoying playing/watching comp R6 Siege recently

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ronin actually picked up Sabinator?? Did I miss something? He played decently at ATL from what I saw. I guess he must've gone off in those 4 series we didn't see.

He's been a Matchmaking warrior for years always champ in Team Arena/HCS so it is great to see Sabinater do well on LAN. Really sick player for someone who never really was in online tourneys. 

And he has the greatest attitude. This is going to be huge for that team. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

i disaree, i think most people are upset at how unfair the situation is

25K prize pool is nothing for halo, as you know

Look at the original tweet mate, every point is money "free" this and that.

Yes it is unfair in principle that if NA wanted to attend the tournament purely for the competition aspect they cannot, but apart from the handful of outliers over the course of comp Halo history where has this sudden interest in attending EU Halo come from. It's entitlement that even though the events / prizepools for EU are shrinking they should have at least the theoretical inclusion (really more of a first refusal if you consider the difference in the levels of the scenes) of every tiny drop of prize money that comes through.

I'd love to be proven wrong, maybe if Halo5 is at EGX we might see some teams fly over but I have a sneaking suspicion that's not going to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 5

THANK YOU

I'm glad somebody agrees with me.  I am not a fan of 1 life games in general.  

One life games in solo I agree. But playing in Duo and Squad can be crazy fun. You at least have the potential of reviving this way. And if someone dies you just leave and start a new game. Try a new strat. Dick around on a different part of the map, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

-snip-

this is an assumption you are making

where has this sudden interest in attending EU Halo come from.

because we have orgs now that are willing to fund the trip

i think people are way more interested in competing in london than trying to pocket 2500 bucks

there are two official LANs confirmed for the rest of this year, london and denver

it's very possible that after denver h5 doesn't have another lan until h6

people just want to play dude

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that 3 EU teams are taking Top 16 spots at Denver is a factor deterring me from going. Make them play through the fucking AM bracket, the ones (really just one, MAYBE two) that deserve to be in the champ bracket will make it through. Paying for travel is enough of a prize. A pickup team of the 4 best kids on my friends list could go toe to toe with the whatever the third best EU team is, it's just ridiculous for them to be given top 16 automatically when they're really closer to the top 32 in skill.

The fact that 3 EU teams are taking Top 16 spots at Denver is a factor deterring me from going. Make them play through the fucking AM bracket, the ones (really just one, MAYBE two) that deserve to be in the champ bracket will make it through. Paying for travel is enough of a prize. A pickup team of the 4 best kids on my friends list could go toe to toe with the whatever the third best EU team is, it's just ridiculous for them to be given top 16 automatically when they're really closer to the top 32 in skill.

No EU team can get out of an am bracket.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair, we don't know if they're getting champ bracket spots yet.

If they play through open, I'm completely cool with them getting to go.

• Upvote (+1) 3

this is an assumption you are making

because we have orgs now that are willing to fund the trip

i think people are way more interested in competing in london than trying to pocket 2500 bucks

there are two official LANs confirmed for the rest of this year, london and denver

it's very possible that after denver h5 doesn't have another lan until h6

people just want to play dude

What org is willing to pay for the trips ? OG maybe ??

To be fair, we don't know if they're getting champ bracket spots yet.

If they play through open, I'm completely cool with them getting to go.

Oh, that's nice to know. I'd honestly be surprised if they were made to play through open though, when the guys over at HCS make a mistake they usually like to double down on it before fixing it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh, that's nice to know. I'd honestly be surprised if they were made to play through open though, when the guys over at HCS make a mistake they usually like to double down on it before fixing it.

You'd think by now I'd learn not to give them the benefit of the doubt lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Putting them in the open bracket doesn't make sense either because that is also a relegation tournament for NA pro league.

Here's how i woulda done it-

They shoulda give pro points for ATL and used it + some online cups to field groups for Denver. Save 4 group slots for EU.

Top 4 open teams play bottom four group teams in a wildcard round for a champ bracket birth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sab shouldve just stayed on era.

Oh, I actually agree with the dress code but requiring teams to promote the event on MLG's failing platform is where I draw the line. It's MLG's job to promote the event and requiring teams to do it instead or risk forfeiting matches is sad. The event would promote itself if it was on Twitch.

Mlg has had more viewers on mlg.tv since they also included twitch broadcasts. The rule is stupid, but their stream gets views.

People here defending the dress code but get mad when esl has their own.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Putting them in the open bracket doesn't make sense either because that is also a relegation tournament for NA pro league.

Here's how i woulda done it-

They shoulda give pro points for ATL and used it + some online cups to field groups for Denver. Save 4 group slots for EU.

Top 4 open teams play bottom four group teams in a wildcard round for a champ bracket birth.

If a NA team loses to an EU one they deserve to be relegated.

15 quid to go out round 1?! Sign we up!

Means you can watch the entire event too.

Also get gud. 

• Upvote (+1) 5