CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Been out of the world for a spell, can anyone give me a cliff notes version of news since ATL?

I guarantee the event would sell out if top NA players were attending. Hopefully it still sells well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my guess is that they don't. I have a sneaking suspicion that OG is out of Halo after this season of Pro League. 

doubtful.

There's more castes than EU Pro teams :intensifies:

i dont get the strongside addition...why not elamite or t2 or walshy?

• Upvote (+1) 7

my guess is that they don't. I have a sneaking suspicion that OG is out of Halo after this season of Pro League. 

Hecz doesn't like to drop people he's become close to. Just look at Maniac as an example.

I can't see Hecz dropping Halo because he's close to the players on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hecz doesn't like to drop people he's become close to. Just look at Maniac as an example.

There's 0 reason to drop optic halo. They have reach, they are top 2 in everything, and bring in cash.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A game that is played on an online dedicated/closed server is not LAN.

LAN literally does not exist in Halo 5.

If the server everyone is connected to is local, it's LAN. LAN does not mean "only direct connection between machines (Xbox system link)." It's any type of local network. If you bring the dedicated server locally, then it's LAN. I believe main and feature stage at ATL were LAN.

Maybe not traditional LAN via direct connection to a router or other console, but pretty sure it qualifies as LAN. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and just what game will Optic Halo be competing in? H5 still? I mean, I guess if Microsoft wants to keep shelling out prize money for dead franchises like Halo and Gears then that's their call. With how big PUBG is getting I'm kinda of shocked that Hecz hasn't made a play for that. Also, with all the professional sports franchises getting into OW, CS (don't know if this is confirmed yet but it's coming), League, and DOTA, it wouldn't surprise me if Optic is moving to Dallas to partner with The Cowboys.  

• Downvote (-1) 2

If the server everyone is connected to is local, it's LAN. LAN does not mean "only direct connection between machines (Xbox system link)." It's any type of local network. If you bring the dedicated server locally, then it's LAN. I believe main and feature stage at ATL were LAN.

Maybe not traditional LAN via direct connection to a router or other console, but pretty sure it qualifies as LAN. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats what league of legends does

There's 0 reason to drop optic halo. They have reach, they are top 2 in everything, and bring in cash.

so Hecz is basically banking on that H5 World's 2018 money? That is sad. 

Every EU pro that voted No but got invited over to NA can fuck off tbh. 

The EU stream would benefit by viewers joining to see the NA teams

EU teams would get more exposure to NA playstyle

NA players don't have to wait 23432 months to play again

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would have actually watched the stream if NA players played. Otherwise, this tournament is very inconsequential - more of a charity than anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Julie is that you?!

also, if you are a player make sure you wear shoes, don't wear pajama pants, and you are REQUIRED to Tweet the stream before, during, and after ALL matches because the MLG tv platform can't garner enough viewers without it. 

I know you're taking the piss, but I think those are entirely fair rules put forward by MLG. Why would you not want the people that are competing in your tournament to promote the tournament that you're funding and running? 

And the dress code? Who really cares? So what, you have to dress like an adult for a weekend while you're being broadcasted around the world for a professional competition. Does that really rustle jimmies that much?

Oh, I actually agree with the dress code but requiring teams to promote the event on MLG's failing platform is where I draw the line. It's MLG's job to promote the event and requiring teams to do it instead or risk forfeiting matches is sad. The event would promote itself if it was on Twitch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would have actually watched the stream if NA players played. Otherwise, this tournament is very inconsequential - more of a charity than anything.

In what way is it more or less charity than giving the money straight to the NA scene? Neither is anywhere near close to making money, 'growing' the NA scene (i.e. pumping money into it with little to no return) is the same thing as growing any other part of the scene.

Not to mention it's $25k... which is like a fraction of the last NA event. To put it in perspective, there was more money given to teams placing outside top8 at Atlanta than there will be total prize money given at this event.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh, I actually agree with the dress code but requiring teams to promote the event on MLG's failing platform is where I draw the line. It's MLG's job to promote the event and requiring teams to do it instead or risk forfeiting matches is sad. The event would promote itself if it was on Twitch. 

Which is EXACTLY what the rule. It is MLG's job to promote the event, which is what they're doing, using every tool accessible. Thats not unethical, thats good business. 

How many times have people commented on the fact that Pro Players need to host tournaments in Halo, or host live streams, or promote the events? Countless. Why is it suddenly a crime for the TO to require that its done? 

• Upvote (+1) 3