CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

animated-cleaning-image-0048.gif

Alright, for those that want to keep up the good fight about sprint and how you are going to change the future of Halo - please move it to this thread.

Do you have a special folder for guy_with_broom_face_palm?  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

animated-cleaning-image-0048.gif

Alright, for those that want to keep up the good fight about sprint and how you are going to change the future of Halo - please move it to this thread.

lol did you have to restore that from the archives?  

good call though....

lol did you have to restore that from the archives?  

good call though....

It's always been there, we bring it out when people want to discuss things that only 1-2 people still want to argue about still. We get the passion, but you are literally preaching to the choir for something we (the community) have very little control over. I'm just hoping Halo 6 doesn't have wall running at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's always been there, we bring it out when people want to discuss things that only 1-2 people still want to argue about still. We get the passion, but you are literally preaching to the choir for something we (the community) have very little control over. I'm just hoping Halo 6 doesn't have wall running at this point.

OG Titanfall STILL does wall running better than any other game that has tried, including TF2.  Titanfall should be the only franchise that has it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a Halo fan from the UK, I really hope NA teams will have the chance to compete in the UK (or Europe) at some point in the near future. I bet the tickets would sell out quick too. I don't really plan on attending any European Halo event to spectate in the near future (so long as NA teams are unable to compete), as the EU Halo scene is pretty immature. There are a handful of European pro players I like and respect, but not enough to get my hyped up to attend the event... If Splyce, Envy, Optic, and Liquid could attend, on the other hand...  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Early bird FFA pass is just £15!

I expect to see you there...

15 quid to go out round 1?! Sign we up!

Guarantee heavy aim isn't fixed either smh

It isn't fixed. Just "better".

• Upvote (+1) 1

intel: watch out for sabinator. he told me he wasn't going to atlanta, showed up last minute and destroyed

ot: regardless of the turn out for london i believe the event will spawn some amazing matches between the few top teams. looking forward to it 

He's been a Matchmaking warrior for years always champ in Team Arena/HCS so it is great to see Sabinater do well on LAN. Really sick player for someone who never really was in online tourneys. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Halo is the most NA oriented esport, and still people bitch about a couple of EU teams in a champion bracket, an EU only tourney or when they give spot for teams around the world in the WORLD championship. This makes me sad.

Here in Brazil we have CS and LOL on TV, on ESPN, SporTV (or biggest sport channel) and in other sports channels. We have Rocket League online tourneys. We have COD tourneys. Kids that don't even know english watch these e-sports when they aren't broadcast in portuguese. And we have NOTHING in Halo, all a Halo fan can do is watch the NA and EU league.

Just to remember, in the World Championship they didn't even paid someone to translate the rules, they didn't even paid someone to speak with the LATAM players in their own language, and I know people (including me) that would do it for free.

CS, LOL, COD, Rocket League, they are all growing everywhere. Halo is losing players. And we all know this is not only in Brazil.

And some NA players lose their minds because they are not in the spotlight for a second, for me that's infuriating.

Sorry for the rant.

doesn't help that playing outside the US sucks. Everywhere else has awful latency.

• Upvote (+1) 1

doesn't help that playing outside the US sucks. Everywhere else has awful latency.

This is a big part, you can't have a global Reach with only having NA servers. But hey nobody complains because fuck everyone not NA.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

But it is. At least for the games on the server at the venue.

A game that is played on an online dedicated/closed server is not LAN.

LAN literally does not exist in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A game that is played on an online dedicated/closed server is not LAN.

LAN literally does not exist in Halo 5.

Not to mention the fact that it requires an outside internet connection for this "closed server". Are we forgetting ATL already?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will be meeting with Theresa May this afternoon to discuss the HCS travel ban against NA pro players for the upcoming London Gfinity event.

The failing HCS is attempting to kill the greatest Halo region.  The sick agenda of FAKE HALO.  Sad!

uh...curious about your opinion on the latam region, donnie

• Upvote (+1) 5

London being EU exclusive only benefits like 12 people

London being truly open benefits the whole scene

I don't know Moses. I think an open event surely will benefit the viewers and numbers, but I don't know if that is what we need for growing the scenes outside NA. EU only benefits the EU teams of course, but we have to benefit them so we can help them grown. I think Halo is too dependent of the NA scene and teams.

• Upvote (+1) 4

uh...curious about your opinion on the latam region, donnie

There's a clear divide between them, like a barrier.. Fence kinda thing? What's it called?

• Upvote (+1) 4