CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

competitive halo has no prestige anymore, i'm not surprised snip3down feels the way he does

hes not saying he regrets not switching to cod, hes saying he regrets not giving cod more effort when he was playing.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm sure everyone that has/had the talent to really swap and do bigger/better things but didn't in the end regrets it as far as Halo/CoD goes. Sure you might like classic Halo a lot more but unless you're winning worlds I feel like you'd rather be on board with MLG and looking at WW2 coming around instead of playing whatever popular mechanic mashup H6 turns out to be inside of a Jiffy Lube in 2018 if given the choice. I'm not even going to be shocked if we somehow end up with wall run/grapple hook in H6

Lethul has made +400k in Halo wtf what's CoD player has even made that kind of money the last 2 years.

Lethul is part of the exception. Notice how anyone who says that says unless you're winning World's. If you're not winning world's Halo "esports" is a colossal waste of time as far as the financial situation goes. Call of Duty can be much more lucrative between YouTube, streaming, and placing even half decent at major tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul is part of the exception. Notice how anyone who says that says unless you're winning World's. If you're not winning world's Halo "esports" is a colossal waste of time as far as the financial situation goes. Call of Duty can be much more lucrative between YouTube, streaming, and placing even half decent at major tournaments.

It's easier to win Worlds in Halo than to place decent in CoD.

Money awesome and all, but I'm sure players would like to go to events and expect nothing crazy to happen. Stability from a league and TO can be great for the mind ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lethul is part of the exception. Notice how anyone who says that says unless you're winning World's. If you're not winning world's Halo "esports" is a colossal waste of time as far as the financial situation goes. Call of Duty can be much more lucrative between YouTube, streaming, and placing even half decent at major tournaments.

If we are being honest very little Halo pros would be making YouTube content even if they were playing CoD

• Upvote (+1) 8

If we are being honest very little Halo pros would be making YouTube content even if they were playing CoD

Besides, who says people don't watch Halo content? Kampy has like 100k subscribers and he uploads a video like every 3 months.

Besides, who says people don't watch Halo content? Kampy has like 100k subscribers and he uploads a video like every 3 months.

Kampy's page isn't bringing in a ton of money.  https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/kampyvids

Compare his page to someone like Nadeshot https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/opticnade and the difference is pretty fucking staggering.

Edit: Instead of Nadeshot's personal vlog, I'll link it to his gameplay channel https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/nadeshotplays - the difference is still HUGE in terms of just uploading gameplay and clips.

bu1s0NE.png

rCNyW7Z.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kampy's page isn't bringing in a ton of money. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/kampyvids

Compare his page to someone like Nadeshot https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/opticnade and the difference is pretty fucking staggering.

Edit: Instead of Nadeshot's personal vlog, I'll link it to his gameplay channel https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/nadeshotplays - the difference is still HUGE in terms of just uploading gameplay and clips.

bu1s0NE.png

rCNyW7Z.png

LoL comparing to Nadeshot may aswell compare Lethul to Michael Jordan and say that Lethul should be playing Basketball
  • Upvote (+1) 5

yo anyone have any experience playing with carpal tunnel?  Im fucking dying over here and i have scrims in an hour.  Its effecting my typing now like ive had to take breaks just typing this.  Im going to do some googling but i figured id ask here and see what people who actually play have to offer.  Idk how melee players hands and wrists dont break because less than 2 years of H5 has demolished my wrist wrist/hand

LoL comparing to Nadeshot may aswell compare Lethul to Michael Jordan and say that Lethul should be playing Basketball

I'm comparing two individuals who each have extreme name notoriety in their respective games from both the casual and competitive communities.

Lol

how much of this game have  you played on current settings?  I dont love sprint but i dont hate it and i havent heard a whole lot of complaints about it in this game

• Upvote (+1) 2

1) they hardly even post here, you think they give a shit about tb tournament settings?

2) They already know how the community feels able sprint, tb tourneys wouldn't move the needle

3) how can you say everyone just stopped after reading a list of things that have improved in h5 thanks to the community?

1- I think it's a big deal to them that they added a sprint toggle and the comp scene didn't bother to use it. How big of a deal can sprint be if the section of the community that hates it most doesn't even use the tool they've been given to get rid of it?

3-This part of the community has given up on sprint. Its sad to see.

The next Halo game has a 0% chance of being even half decent. It's going to be another 4/5 fad chasing pos.

• Downvote (-1) 2

how much of this game have you played on current settings? I dont love sprint but i dont hate it and i havent heard a whole lot of complaints about it in this game

Bingo

My point exactly. People have stopped complaining about it so it appears as though people stopped hating it.

There you go @@Mhunterjr

I'm comparing two individuals who each have extreme name notoriety in their respective games from both the casual and competitive communities.

No. You are comparing the most successful gaming Youtuber to Kampy.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure everyone that has/had the talent to really swap and do bigger/better things but didn't in the end regrets it as far as Halo/CoD goes. Sure you might like classic Halo a lot more but unless you're winning worlds I feel like you'd rather be on board with MLG and looking at WW2 coming around instead of playing whatever popular mechanic mashup H6 turns out to be inside of a Jiffy Lube in 2018 if given the choice. I'm not even going to be shocked if we somehow end up with wall run/grapple hook in H6

Do Halo pros treat Halo as a job/career or as a hobby/passion that they just take seriously?

Because outside of Optic and possibly NV I'd be surprised if Halo pros made what would be considered "good money".(Although good in this sense can be relative to the individual).

i mean compare maniac in his prime to like... mboze maybe?  you're comparing a CoD player who won championship after championship with optic while they were on the rise to kampy, a great halo player none the less, but its not like hes had the same opportunity or exposure or just straight luck as nadeshot regardless of the game they play.  not to mention kampy isnt a consistent uploader, he makes montages.  not a fair comparison if you ask me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yo anyone have any experience playing with carpal tunnel?  Im fucking dying over here and i have scrims in an hour.  Its effecting my typing now like ive had to take breaks just typing this.  Im going to do some googling but i figured id ask here and see what people who actually play have to offer.  Idk how melee players hands and wrists dont break because less than 2 years of H5 has demolished my wrist wrist/hand

take a break first off. Get some icyhot on that shit and just chill for a while (like days). Don't forget to do stretches. Lots of great youtube videos on how to stretch your wrist area to avoid carpal tunnel

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's easier to win Worlds in Halo than to place decent in CoD.

They wouldnt place well at all in cod. Their styles just arent made for it. Theyve made more money in halo over that span than mlst cod pros, especially snipedown.

If anything, ams should be the ones griping about not leaving for Cod