CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Similarly, being able to analyze does not mean you aren't useless to Team Liquid. It just means you are able to analyze. 

Maybe aimed at Tibby, but in a jestful kinda way

Hey, as long as they're paying me I don't care if I'm useless or not.

Like the great NicePeter Dressed as Michael Bay once said, this game is about MOTHAFUCKIN' MONEY

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think any one person was really the problem on Ronin, but I do think making a change was necessary. Unfortunate that it had to be Spartan, but he'll bounce back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope to see Halo have a 32 team world championship in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope to see Halo have a 32 team world championship in the future.

I see why people would but personally I wouldn't care to see a bunch more foreign teams get stomped by pro NA teams. Sure there MIGHT be some upsets but mostly a Snoozefest. Not trying to be an ass but just speaking based off what we have seen in previous worlds/ this last tourney.

I see why people would but personally I wouldn't care to see a bunch more foreign teams get stomped by pro NA teams. Sure there MIGHT be some upsets but mostly a Snoozefest. Not trying to be an ass but just speaking based off what we have seen in previous worlds/ this last tourney.

This is why we need a structure that CoD has. The EU guys get to play the NA guys a lot on LAN. And I'm sure the competition would be closer if we had that chance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is why we need a structure that CoD has. The EU guys get to play the NA guys a lot on LAN. And I'm sure the competition would be closer if we had that chance.

Theres nothing stopping orgs from paying for eu teams to fly to tourneys now.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EU and NA teams should at least try to scrim each other more often, even if the connection is awful

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Couldn't someone argue that when that was the case for Walsh he was on his way out? Like yeah he placed well for a couple of years after that but outside of the very first H3 event he stopped winning as soon as his shot was poor at best. Some people place too much emphasis but I don't think its a stretch to say that these days you have to be smart and shoot well to really be the best

You could but it was mostly the teams at that point in his career. He still placed top 8 at Anaheim 2011 which ain't too shabby. His aim was never spectacular even while he was on top, he just played the game so much better.

Ya know, except. Money.

• Upvote (+1) 6

EU and NA teams should at least try to scrim each other more often, even if the connection is awful

The question that theory raises is why would NA teams want to play against EU teams. Its like NV saying they want to play Vision and actually get something out of that 13-0.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The question that theory raises is why would NA teams want to play against EU teams. Its like NV saying they want to play Vision and actually get something out of that 13-0.

also the fact that playing 13 games in a row on a terrible connection is not fun. They sometimes stop scrims against other NA teams when the connection is bad so playing an EU team would be even worse

The incredibly low likelihood of seeing ROI is probably a deterrent.

Overtime, A decent structure would make this much less likely to happen.

Who would benefit from this?

Ya know, except. Money.

No one paid for eu orgs during cod early days either. It's not up to TOs to make eu teams better.

No one paid for eu orgs during cod early days either. It's not up to TOs to make eu teams better.

I dont think you understand.

Halo isn't a popular esport and it doesn't have the upside that early COD had. So Orgs repeatedly flying their teams out to the US to get 2nd rounded wouldn't bear any fruit.

No exposure, no prize money.

If there was a better format, these sort of trips would be more worthwhile.

can we show LATAM halo some love

it's the second biggest HCS region and they get no respect from 343

Yeah i dont understand why they got short changed...
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I dont think you understand.

Halo isn't a popular esport and it doesn't have the upside that early COD had. So Orgs repeatedly flying their teams out to the US to get 2nd rounded wouldn't bear any fruit.

No exposure, no prize money.

If there was a better format, these sort of trips would be more worthwhile.

A better format doesnt change the fact that orgs still would have to send mediocre players to tourneys first. Thats literally the only way they can play NA teams. The player pool has to get good enough to compete as well. Thats where it begins; there just isnt enough talent. And its not like cod teams dont face the same challwnges. CoD teams still have to only scrim eu teams unless they come to america early, which they do as well.

And most eu teams dont even get on stream during open tourneys in CoD.

A better format doesnt change the fact that orgs still would have to send mediocre players to tourneys first. Thats literally the only way they can play NA teams. The player pool has to get good enough to compete as well. Thats where it begins; there just isnt enough talent. And its not like cod teams dont face the same challwnges. CoD teams still have to only scrim eu teams unless they come to america early, which they do as well.

And most eu teams dont even get on stream during open tourneys in CoD.

A better format provides an actual tangible incentive to travel and play.

For example, if group slots were reserved for teams in each region based on Total points earned on LAN, then teams would see a reason to travel to collect these points. This would mean that the best teams in each region would get several guaranteed matches against top US teams at every event.

Just randomly traveling to an open and getting spanked by top AMs, potentially in early rounds, would be a giant waste of money and wouldn't be much of a training exercise.

Edit: of course beyond all of this, the games lack of popularity effects the talent pool outside of the US much harder than it does here. Gotta make better games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A better format provides an actual tangible incentive to travel and play.

For example, if group slots were reserved for teams in each region based on Total points earned on LAN, then teams would see a reason to travel to collect these points. This would mean that the best teams in each region would get several guaranteed matches against top US teams at every event.

Just randomly traveling to an open and getting spanked by top AMs, potentially in early rounds, would be a giant waste of money and wouldn't be much of a training exercise.

Edit: of course beyond all of this, the games lack of popularity effects the talent pool outside of the US much harder than it does here. Gotta make better games.

groups are definitely better for improving EU and other international competition (at the top at least). Guaranteeing 3-4 matches in groups where people say the matches don't really count/matter rather that the 2 they would otherwise get gives them more opportunity to improve

kinda sucks that denver wont have as many teams but sheesh, 93 teams for atlanta was incredible for Halo 5 considering its almost 2 years old.

• Upvote (+1) 1