CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People expect mlg to provide good production and a structure that makes sense to players, orgs and fans alike. It won't "fix everything", but it will make his more appealing to everyone with stake in it. Gears isn't "failing" because of mlg. It's a much less popular video game. H5 had over 100k people tuning in to an event. Then it digressed. The scene would be much better off with mlg.

Thank you for responding to so many of my posts.

I agree production quality will go up and that will help the scene. However, I don’t t assume MLG (or ESL) will get to control structure.

The info so far seems like worlds this year is going to be another almost stand alone event that is over in Marchish. What are they going to do after worlds? The current “season finals” haven’t meant anything in the big scheme of worlds. Is MLG or 343 going to change that? I hope so, but I’m doubtful. I’m also doubtful that MLG will have any control over maps, weapon tuning, or settings in the game (like radar).

Thank you for responding to so many of my posts.

I agree production quality will go up and that will help the scene. However, I don’t t assume MLG (or ESL) will get to control structure.

The info so far seems like worlds this year is going to be another almost stand alone event that is over in Marchish. What are they going to do after worlds? The current “season finals” haven’t meant anything in the big scheme of worlds. Is MLG or 343 going to change that? I hope so, but I’m doubtful. I’m also doubtful that MLG will have any control over maps, weapon tuning, or settings in the game (like radar).

It's funny.  CoD used to do the same thing Halo is doing now.  From BO2 through AW, Champs was always at the end of March, and everything after that felt kinda bleh.  How do you top the biggest tournament of the year?  You don't.  That's why they do it in late August now.  Halo should be looking at doing something similar.  Hell, even if you wanna make it later, a bit earlier and do it early August or even late July, it would have a much greater effect than where it is now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1