CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People would throw hours at the game just to get that skin. That's more people in the game.

Didn't Halo 3 have a training grounds playlist? First 10 games or something you can play in the training playlist?

I remember having to play like 3-4 games in Training Grounds.

edit: 3 games. Here they are. At 6 in the morning too. What I wouldn't give to go back to 2010.

https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo3.aspx?player=NavG123&ctl00_mainContent_bnetpgl_recentgamesChangePage=114

On a side note, I love to occasionally take 20-30 min and just look through random games in my old Halo game histories.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a fan of the twins it's gonna be tough to sustain the level of interest I've had in HCS now that the twins are retired. This is the consequence of the current HCS regime putting literally no effort whatsoever into creating personalities and brands out of the newer pros. I have posted this many times, but I will again: I still don't know ANYTHING about the players on Liquid, aside from Spartan who I only know because he is so outrageously annoying. The other three are just boring faceless teenaged Halo robots. Same thing with Splyce. If MLG had Halo, they'd be making Shotzzy into a god damn rockstar.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So when are we getting this news that MLG is running Halo again?

a ton of hints from various 343 staff and other people on Twitter (Tashi liked a tweet that mentioned MLG + Halo, etc)

• Upvote (+1) 1

a ton of hints from various 343 staff and other people on Twitter (Tashi liked a tweet that mentioned MLG + Halo, etc)

Well I know that but didn't 343i say they were going to announce the new TO at a later date?

Well I know that but didn't 343i say they were going to announce the new TO at a later date?

their live stream on the 17th mentioned that there would be an announcement a few weeks after denver on the TO situation

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a side note, I love to occasionally take 20-30 min and just look through random games in my old Halo game histories.

5192013032518Xl8pjnl.gif

• Downvote (-1) 3

I did that once and found an old friend's gamertag through it. We had lost contact through the years and it was pretty cool to talk to him again. Shout out to Halo for keeping game records. Lol.

Idk if this is weird or not, but I do this on occasion as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

aXiomatic has so many investors it's absurd.

I listened to a podcast and he mentioned the team winning dota, sso hes paying attention. What do we need to do to get him to talk to the halo team?

Lee Perry, an old Gears developer, talked about this a bit recently. It's a big problem if players do poorly their first game. I know in this case he said zero kills, and it doesn't get much worse than that. But I wouldn't doubt going 1 and 20 your first game has similar effects. It's a hard issue to overcome.

https://twitter.com/MrLeePerry/status/903979862733369344

I think that I got 0 kills for at least my first 5 games of H3, maybe more. I know it's hard to believe but I had literally never played an FPS before...

The difference with H3 was that I was actually playing with friends and I learnt while playing alongside them and having a fun social experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Tashi posted in the Competitive Halo Oceania Facebook group. It was a very general post basically saying more information to come but it’s really great to see him do this. Small communication like that really does mean a lot. I like this new level of communication from him and 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the settings were a lot worse when MLG ran HWC stuff than they are now, i personally don't think that's much of an issue

Radar and spartan abilities are pitiful. I agree they've made progress, but overall the game's settings are horrendous as is the sandbox - things MLG could change if given the freedom to do so, not saying they would, but they could.

idk about you guys but all this advanced movement kills my hands

i've been playing competitive fps since i was 12 so i have a lot of miles on my hands but still

the h3 throwback playlist has been the first time i've been able to play h5 without being in pain after an hour

Honestly, I've been holding off getting a Scuf/Elite for a long time. Not only have I hated the advanced movement games for CoD and Halo now, but they're just so expensive too. Every time I think, "oh I'll just bite the bullet and get one", I think of a lot of better ways to spend that money. I do think they're great ergonomically with the paddles in the back and the customization is great, but to make a game that basically requires one, while they still carry that price tag? Don't think so.

If some casual kid picks up CoD and gets 40 kills and feels like a god, then someone in that game went -11.

Think they'll play again?

Yes. They will. They want to unlock the gold weapon skin.

I don't like hearing the a game is "easy to pick up and play" as the reason why it's better than Halo. The most popular game on earth, League of Legends, is not "pick up and play" It's hard as hell for a new player. Yet it's the most popular game on earth.

The secret to CoD, and what everyone always overlooks, is the ability of it's unlock system to lure casuals into grinding for items. When I was a kid, I grinded for ages in CoD4 to get the Red Tiger skin for my weapons. Not only did it look cool, but it felt like an achievement. The secret to CoD's casual success goes far beyond it's basic core gameplay, it's the grind that it gives both experienced players and casual players. Weapon skins in particular are difficult. On Black Ops 3's release, the amount of players that grinded for Dark Matter was insane. Some of them went very negative trying to get rocket kills, but they kept playing because they wanted the skin. 

If 343 want Halo 6 to appeal to casuals, give them social games to play in with lots of people to shoot at (Decent BTB + no sprint so the maps are smaller) and give them unlocks that aren't superficial. None of this RNG REQ pack shit, give them "200 headshots with a BR, get a BR skin". So many kids would grind for that.

I hadn't put much thought into this before, but that would a great system to include in Halo. Sure, REQ packs could stay if you want to get certain stuff, but they should make skins grindable. That was the beauty of Halo 2 and Halo 3's ranking system (and Halo 3's armor system) - they made the grind worth it. Halo's grind-related stuff since has been extraordinarily lackluster.

The other points still stand though, especially the UI! Why did Halo 4 and even 5 have trash UI's! Reach's UI was fantastic, still the best console UI I've ever used.

Hopefully we'll see some improvements for H6.

Also, if MCC is getting "fixed" maybe we'll see some throwback tournaments.

I feel like Xbox's UI, and Halo's in particular, has gotten worse and worse every game. Halo 2's system was so simple and easy, and then Halo 3's was pretty good too. Reach, 4, and 5 are all awful. Also would love to see throwback tournaments, but Halo 2 Vista and Halo: Custom Edition just aren't good for console tournaments. 

If MCC is actually made into the game it was supposed to be, they could EASILY run tournaments and I'd bet they'd get at least as many viewers as H5 events. 

I think the viewership would be higher personally, especially if the current and past pros are the ones playing.

I remember having to play like 3-4 games in Training Grounds.

edit: 3 games. Here they are. At 6 in the morning too. What I wouldn't give to go back to 2010.

https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo3.aspx?player=NavG123&ctl00_mainContent_bnetpgl_recentgamesChangePage=114

I remember those days where I'd wake up extra early for school just to get a couple of games in H2 or H3 because it was so great to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it just me or does this tweet not make sense? 

I think he's implying his time spent here exempts him from ridicule. So no, it's not just you.

But I must say

@CyReN & @Saucey,

after paying Premium on this website for at least a few months, the fact you haven't blessed me with a green name is much appreciated. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he's trying to claim his time spent on the forums should exempt him from ridicule... so no, it's not just you.

If we're really going to go there

Dearest @CyReN and @Saucey:

After paying for Premium for at least 

I think he's implying his time spent here exempts him from ridicule. So no, it's not just you.

But I must say

@CyReN & @Saucey,

after paying Premium on this website for at least a few months, the fact you haven't blessed me with a green name is much appreciated. 

And people wonder why we dont have join dates under avatars... 

• Upvote (+1) 3