CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly, I don't see Roy staying retired long if some good news comes with MLG.  Also, i think him at least taking a break and LBX continuing to play is good for EG.  Lunch has seemed more dedicated and focused for months now, so give him a 4th that cares more and i think EG can finally start progressing in the right direction.  Roy definitely had the talent to do well and put up good stats, but I could definitely tell he didnt have the drive and focus for a while now.  Unfortunate but we'll see how EG does now

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I don't see Roy staying retired long if some good news comes with MLG. Also, i think him at least taking a break and LBX continuing to play is good for EG. Lunch has seemed more dedicated and focused for months now, so give him a 4th that cares more and i think EG can finally start progressing in the right direction. Roy definitely had the talent to do well and put up good stats, but I could definitely tell he didnt have the drive and focus for a while now. Unfortunate but we'll see how EG does now

Not if H5 is the competitive game
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 is better than Halo 4 and it's not particularly close. It's also better than base Reach.

Reach was a turd, 4 was diarrhea, and Halo 5 was a polished turd. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Guys, even if MLG is the TO, 343 is still going to control the settings.

Fuck

• Upvote (+1) 4

Fuck

Ditto.

I mean, i think we are in a pretty decent place base settings-wise.  The things off the top of my head:

1) Overtime rules.  Replays are ass, a game should start and never end in a tie.

2) Add 3 or 4 bullets to the Magnum.  Not sure if this is under the "Settings" category or "balance" category.  Is there already a variant that does this?

3) Oddball.  This is where the most testing needs to be done.  its not really a settings issue as much as a map issue. 250 points to win.  1 point per second.

Just let the pros come up with this shit and actually do what they say. MLG doesn't necessarily need to be involved to have good settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was getting confused by all of the cautious optimism here.

I'm glad we were able to simmer back down into our usual routine of melancholy 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Honestly, I don't see Roy staying retired long if some good news comes with MLG. Also, i think him at least taking a break and LBX continuing to play is good for EG. Lunch has seemed more dedicated and focused for months now, so give him a 4th that cares more and i think EG can finally start progressing in the right direction. Roy definitely had the talent to do well and put up good stats, but I could definitely tell he didnt have the drive and focus for a while now. Unfortunate but we'll see how EG does now

From one EG fan to another, I think your hopes are far too high right now :(

Then unfortunately halo will.

And so will I, from Halo. I fuckin detest Sprint with a morbid disdain. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will be shocked if we find a way to make Oddball work in this game. But honestly I will take a mediocre Oddball gametype in the settings right now over keeping the same rotation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok so I understand why people don't like breakout, especially for competitive, and especially with the fucking shotty starts, but whats wrong with having breakout be on regular maps with regular starting weapons? Im not making a case for this I just want everyones opinion on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Saw some discussion on clamber and I feel that is the one ability that affected the game the most (outside of sprint) because in previous Halo’s the platforms you could reach, by regular jumping or by Gandhi hopping, were dictated by whether your legs could reach or not. So the maps, by design, were smaller in scale. With Clamber the maps are now built to account for where your Spartans head could reach and thus the maps are bigger vertically. I enjoyed the smaller scale maps because the action felt fast paced even if the game didn’t have abilities like sprint.

That being said most games have some form of clamber which is understandable from a modern game design perspective.

I’ve been having the most fun with the H3 playlist in H5 because it plays so damn well.

fuck clamber, fuck sprint, fuck everything, give me raw movement please

Hot take: since 343 have started making halo they seem to have taken it upon themselves to instead of making good halo games they follow whatever trend is hot in new shooters at large. Let's take H5 for example. When the game was being developed the big thing in shooters at the time, whether it be titanfall or CoD was enhanced movement (thrusting, wall running, etc), and it's pretty obvious that 343 just went along with this when developing h5. Now, in CoD especially we've seen pushback from the fans, who wanted a "boots on the ground" CoD again. This obviously gained a developer response with the making of WW2, my thinking is that 343 may see this and make halo 6 a "back to the roots" halo. Considering the longer than usual development time it looks like H6 is going to get I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility. At the end of the day though, this is 343 we're talking about so this may just be wishful thinking. We'll see.

Ok so I understand why people don't like breakout, especially for competitive, and especially with the fucking shotty starts, but whats wrong with having breakout be on regular maps with regular starting weapons? Im not making a case for this I just want everyones opinion on it. 

Nothing is wrong with it in a vacuum.  They even tried that and it was ok.  I just dont like limited-life gametypes myself and i hold a major grudge against the mode for stealing dev time away from things like oddball and KotH.  Thats really why i hate it.

Well ya, what do you think got them to retire?

Not having the time and therefore skill necessary to be where they're used to placing wise.

Why do people assume other players hate the game just because they do lol. I know they liked it a lot more with the new settings.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I personally don't even mind shotgun starts. I just think Slayer/Flag is a dull base for a one-life mode. The nice thing about Shotgun starts is that you can potentially take on a whole team on your own, which is what normal Breakout was really missing.

I just don't think it's worth playing in HCS.

You can choose to believe this or not but I hit up Roy on Snapchat when I saw the rumors of him retiring and he told that he is indeed retiring. Sad day.  :tear:

Always was one of my favorite pros.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nothing is wrong with it in a vacuum.  They even tried that and it was ok.  I just dont like limited-life gametypes myself and i hold a major grudge against the mode for stealing dev time away from things like oddball and KotH.  Thats really why i hate it.

I only remember seeing it be played back at launch time when it was that no-shields nonsense.   I think it could be a great replacement for TS if done correctly.