CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just genuinely can't imagine a scenario where I'd prefer playing with any spartan/armor abilities over no abilities. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe I'm weird but the only ability I like is clamber, scrap everything else.

I would keep clamber and auto-stabilize, if you held a gun to my head.

I could definitely see this happening. Question is: who gets custody of Ola in the divorce?

Sad to say, because I love Ola, I think the person who doesn't get Ola is in the better situation based on the nature of game play in H5, hes decently adapted to it, but not. Honestly, I am kind of in the camp of someone picking up LBX and TB to a top team, they're really the best players on that EG squad by miles, and no RoyBox means WAY less drama, needless to say, rostermania is going to be insane.

Snipedown may have the best shot at winning that custody battle. He games with Ola the most when they aren't scrimming.

But Mikwen is the one that stuck with Ola when everyone else gave up on him at the beginning of H5. I'm not gonna assume they all split up just yet, but if it does happen it will definitely be very interesting to see how it plays out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Scrap all abilities and go back to what worked, which is no abilities.

i'm with ya

also good maps  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm with ya

also good maps  :lxthul:

Just remake Halo 2 multiplayer exactly how it was, and we've got a winner! I would literally never put down the sticks if that were the case, by far the best shooter of all time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm there too, but it's hard to argue with what's right at this point. With every iteration since Reach they always want to double down on what they did last even if it isn't what fans want. Halo to me is gun, grenades and melee (aka golden triangle). I wish we could return to that :mj:

What just doesn't make any sense is 343 started by giving us NBNS Reach. How they followed that up with 4 and 5 makes 0 sense, especially after how much more the community enjoyed NBNS Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm there too, but it's hard to argue with what's right at this point. With every iteration since Reach they always want to double down on what they did last even if it isn't what fans want. Halo to me is gun, grenades and melee (aka golden triangle). I wish we could return to that.

We basically did return to it during the H2A days, we just didn't have enough maps to play in competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe I'm weird but the only ability I like is clamber, scrap everything else.

It breaks map design so bad. There's a reason the majority of the Halo 5 maps suck ass.

We basically did return to it during the H2A days, we just didn't have enough maps to play in competitive.

Even with the limited map pool I still enjoyed the hell out of watching a year of classic Halo. Not to mention everyone playing and streaming the original trilogy. 

What just doesn't make any sense is 343 started by giving us NBNS Reach. How they followed that up with 4 and 5 makes 0 sense, especially after how much more the community enjoyed NBNS Reach.

It was an easy way to get goodwill plus also practice taking over a game.

The biggest problem with me is they took over a franchise that was known for something, but they don't want to be known as Bungie V2. That's fine and all but do it with a different IP, don't mess with this baby to flex new ideas that don't fit the mold. Yea, Halo has been better since Halo 4 and MCC but overall that doesn't mean much. Maybe Halo 6 will go back like CoD WWII did.

It breaks map design so bad. There's a reason the majority of the Halo 5 maps suck ass.

Sprint is the biggest issue for that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I would like clamber more if maps weren't built specifically with jumps that force you to use it

Clamber is in Destiny 2, and I think I've had it activate twice. You don't even realize it's in the game. I wish H5 clamber worked that way.

Def don't want to turn this thread into an abilities discussion, but if we HAVE to have abilities in H6, I think I would set it up like this:

Thrust, but be able to shoot during the thrust.

Ground Pound.

Stabilize.

Up the move speed by 10-15%.

Allow crouch strafe.

Sprint breaks map design more than clamber would.

I feel like Huke leaving will result in bigger NV changes, maybe even full collapse of team. I'm not sure if they can just swap a player in--it's certainly hard to argue they'll get better that way (or that they'll think they'll be better that way), given how good Huke is and how long they worked on teamwork. Think they need a bigger change, and think they might know that. Where else do you go after being 1 seed and then coming up pretty short? At least 2 player changes are needed, can't try to just 'replace Huke as best as they can' and expect to be better than Optic, Liquid, or Splyce, even if they had an off tournament and can play better than what we saw.

It was an easy way to get goodwill plus also practice taking over a game.

The biggest problem with me is they took over a franchise that was known for something, but they don't want to be known as Bungie V2. That's fine and all but do it with a different IP, don't mess with this baby to flex new ideas that don't fit the mold. Yea, Halo has been better since Halo 4 and MCC but overall that doesn't mean much. Maybe Halo 6 will go back like CoD WWII did.

Sprint is the biggest issue for that.

Which is my biggest gripe with 343. It's one thing to try something and have it fail. It's another thing to double down on your failure simply because you want to be different from Bungie.

Could you imagine Simms and Pucket casting together?

I'd rather not, since they're both Play-by-Play, and we have too much Play-by-Play in Halo as it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also, and it's fine if I am, but am I the only one who likes the fundamentals of H5? See so much 'it's a bad game', but I find the core shooting and thrust mechanically pretty damn satisfying, enough to still keep me playing a long time through some pretty bad map, settings, and playlist choices. They need to make some changes, but I don't think they should scrap what they made here, enjoy the core play (pistol perfects are so satisfying) and kind of disagree with much of the 'this isn't Halo!' 'back to basics get rid of it all!' comments. I think they should build on it for H6, get rid of some of what they added.

Personal preferences aside, I feel like if they build Halo 6 off of Halo 5, the game will be doomed even before the beta...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think 343 anticipated stabilize clamber. It somewhat breaks the map as well. Players are making jumps they are not intended to make. Maps are just too easy to fly from one point to the next. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think 343 anticipated stabilize clamber. It somewhat breaks the map as well. Players are making jumps they are not intended to make. Maps are just too easy to fly from one point to the next. 

Anything that can be made with Stabilize Clamber can also be made with just a spring jump.  (Which, Pro-Tip: With current radar implementation, you should be preferring to make those jumps with Spring Jumps instead, since that prevents you from appearing on radar, where as Stabilize makes you show up.)

At least two members of the 343 Pro Team DEFINITELY knew about Spring Jumping, so I guarantee you they knew those jumps could be made.

...now when you add in bum-jumping and spring+stabilize+clamber, that's when it starts to get dicey.

• Upvote (+1) 2