CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This mentality stems from the current HCS set-up.  

The current system offers zero incentive for amateur players to compete because honestly, they get nothing out of it.  If you're going to buy a team pass, book a flight/hotel, and take off time from work/school to make it to these events, then the amateur players need to get something in return for it. There needs to be some sort of a HCS pro league points system put in place to incentivize amateur players to want to continuously compete at events.

I feel like you're right that we need a points system that benefits the individual but this also seems like a problem where the main reason is that most of those people aren't simply having fun playing the game. We also just need LAN so that showing up and playing with other people isn't just playing online in the same room. Simply playing on LAN was a reward on its own back in the day. That shit felt great compared to playing online.

Wasn't it Ryanoob and Heinz?

It was Rammy/Heinz as Ryanoob was on vacation, so we had Rammy sub for a week. (Infamous Rammy's shotgun on Plaza game)

The week after that was Ryanoob/Heinz.

That 4-0 over 2 weeks felt good man. The 1-3 to finish the season didnt. :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

it was announced less than a week ago and h5 is essentially a dead game tho :fire:

How many signups know that REQ packs are the only prizes tho? KcmmD24.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Wasn't it Ryanoob and Heinz?

Yeah I meant they got those wins with new roster. (Rammyy sub and Heinz for goofy)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How many signups know that REQ packs are the only prizes tho? KcmmD24.png

Probably all of them since the page that links to the Google Docs sign-up page says it KcmmD24.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Probably all of them since the page that links to the Google Docs sign-up page says it KcmmD24.png

I'm sure everyone read the fine print, and there won't be anyone upset when they only win REQ packs KcmmD24.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

wait a minute i thought this emote was for premium members only wtf  :fire:

This is more of an outrage than when 343 released the Sticker Shock weapon skins to the public instead of maintaining exclusivity for Lootcrate members :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 4

wait a minute i thought this emote was for premium members only wtf :fire:

Technically all emotes are free to use if you just treat them like adding any other image to a post.

Until you get banned for it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Technically all emotes are free to use if you just treat them like adding any other image to a post.

Until you get banned for it.

*this thread is now in emoticon only mode*

:intel::rekt::fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just realized @HCS never tweeted the pro league schedule

good job team!

I tried to find the prize breakdown after Atlanta and went back through the HCS twitter and on waypoint and could not find it. Had to go through other people's twitters to find the image. How does this even happen

Damn it. Still in emote only. Uhhh...

:(:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure everyone read the fine print, and there won't be anyone upset when they only win REQ packs KcmmD24.png

They gave out a bunch of Microsoft swag at the Gears tournament. If I get one of those bags with all that stuff in it I'll be happy. Just winning as a washed up Halo vet would be enough for me  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I have one criticism of MLG it was that when the website got revamped the VOD archive slowly disappeared.

I don't know if all that footage still sits on hard drives somewhere but at this point I would gladly pay for it alongside event rebroadcasts. I know some of them exist on YouTube but if MLG have them somewhere they'd probably be complete and of a higher quality.

The amount of times I've wanted to watch Strongside's insane snipe on The Pit and haven't been able to makes me sad. I worry moments like that are gone forever and I'll never get to see them again.

I agree entirely having some higher quality versions of the old H2/H3 events would be amazing when I was watching some of the old events it was painful watching the 240p quality VODs on youtube.

@@Clap Is there anyway that it's possible we could see higher quality VODs of the old MLG Halo events uploaded somewhere? If they still exist that is.

i asked a long time ago and lenoxcoolgamer is the one to speak to about the flash drives. i believe they've been wiped though.. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i asked a long time ago and lenoxcoolgamer is the one to speak to about the flash drives. i believe they've been wiped though.. 

Really sucks that such a significant portion of competitive Halo history has been lost. Turns a lot of the history of the esport into a "if you didn't see it live, you never will" situation, very unfortunate.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Surely they'd keep an archive of at the very least their event broadcasts for historical purposes...somewhere. I'd be very surprised and upset if MLG didn't heavily question wiping 10+ years of history.

At this stage I still have hope.

• Upvote (+1) 2