CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Winner's semis shouldn't ever not be streamed. I really don't care what story lines are happening. If they actually can't stream all of the matches for top 8 they have a serious scheduling problem already. The story is cool but when two of the best teams in the world meet in the winners semis its insane that they even have to make a choice. They didn't make the right choice. All they did was take an L because they refuse to show people the matches that they want to see even at the back end of a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I feel like this table should somehow acknowledge the amount of event wins for the several blocks combined. For example, Status Quo won one event from 2012 March - October, yet they get 8 blocks. Just seems wrong and deceiving. Maybe different color'd backgrounds could represent the number of events won in that time period?

I was thinking the same thing about splyce, coloured backgrounds with event wins/gap months would be sweet.

Sunday needs more matches.

Four bo7, potentially five if the losing team can come back and take a series from losers seems absolutely fine to me. I'd much rather have it this way and be able to watch all the matches (inb4).

This was my first event and I had a great time. I'm disappointed that I will be missing championship sunday and never got to see Optic on mainstage. Other than that it was a great experience.

• Upvote (+1) 8

i'm also disappointed OG didn't get to play on stream but I understand the logic behind putting inf-str8 on

it was a much better story line and i think it's worth missing out on some viewbots for a literally historic match, especially considering the result it was the right decision in hindsight

with that said they should have had both matches on stream, idk if it would have been possible but i think it would have been worth running late to show those matches

I definitely see the appeal of the story line but it strengthens the case of 2 streams or spacing things out so that top 8 matches are all played on stream sunday

Winner's semis shouldn't ever not be streamed. I really don't care what story lines are happening. If they actually can't stream all of the matches for top 8 they have a serious scheduling problem already. The story is cool but when two of the best teams in the world meet in the winners semis its insane that they even have to make a choice. They didn't make the right choice. All they did was take an L because they refuse to show people the matches that they want to see even at the back end of a tournament.

Definitely took the long way to saying 'should always be'  :kappa:

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. It's awesome an EU team made it this far - and HCS made the right decision by not giving EU so many free spots in the bracket, and in turn we were rewarded with some top quality matches. Personally I don't have any grudges against EU teams coming over to compete, but I could see why some people might get the impression they're getting preferential treatment because of things like this. Pretty unacceptable to not find a workaround to show WB semis at the least.

Speaking of, does anyone else think we could have just pushed one of those matches to today? With only 4 teams left now I feel like one more match could have been fit in. I know they're on a schedule and I don't know all the details behind the way schedules are setup, but why not push that series to Sunday if we can't get a second stream?

This was my first event and I had a great time. I'm disappointed that I will be missing championship sunday and never got to see Optic on mainstage. Other than that it was a great experience.

Optic hasn't played on Mainstage yet until Sunday/today??

Sunday needs more matches.

Depends. If there weren't 15min breaks on top the match analysis sure. But with the way its setup 4/5 bo7 matches will take a while

I definitely see the appeal of the story line but it strengthens the case of 2 streams or spacing things out so that top 8 matches are all played on stream sunday

absolutely, i agree with you 100%

i've always been in favor of two streams, it's never been easier to make two streams happen

my original point was besides the matches being missed this weekend has been really excellent imo   :)

nope

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope, they bumped their game against TL to feature station and that would've been the first time they would've been on mainstage.

Jokes on them more people watched side station compared to mainstage

Nope, they bumped their game against TL to feature station and that would've been the first time they would've been on mainstage.

Jokes on them more people watched side station compared to mainstage

They were just trying to help Naded get some additional stream followers and subscribers.  Really cool collaboration.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They were just trying to help Naded get some additional stream followers and subscribers.  Really cool collaboration.

To be fair Naded interviewing Lethul is top tier content

• Upvote (+1) 3

We were able to watch 2 first round match ups in the Champs bracket (both had EU) but we can't watch the 2 winners semis matches? So they can show EU another time?

Such a terrible decision/schedule planning it's almost shocking, but at this point I'm not surprised. 

We're starting off with a bang.

Moses, any idea how many people have shown up at the venue to spectate this weekend?

We're starting off with a bang.

Moses, any idea how many people have shown up at the venue to spectate this weekend?

nah i'm not sure, there's 63 teams tho so that's a pretty decent turnout

Lets hope we see all the matches today and we don't have insane down time. They started off really well but fumbled a bit of saturday

OFF TO A STRONG START

I will say, while weird and bad, it's kind of interesting to hear the production callouts.

• Upvote (+1) 2