CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To be fair there is a bit of backstory to this, Naded was just being silly Naded but the guy took offense.

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/141832942.mp4

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/141833120.mp4

(Not sure how to embed the video my b)

Thanks for the context here - I really do not see the issue with Naded recording 10 seconds of the backstage and thanking everyone for their hard work? If he was roasting the event and talking trash to the staff that would be one thing. 

I mean it is literally a bunch of guys working the switcher / producing the event, why is this come classified top secret area that bans recording? Seems like overkill. (Not saying everyone at the event should be able to hover over their shoulders recording them) 

I guess when Naded said "We can still see through the crack" it pissed the guy off? Still weird lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If that is an actual HCS staff member, that was pretty unprofessional. He started off fairly reasonable but then devolved into name calling - not good. 

I don't think talking to staff like this and recording a video of it is a good thing to do honestly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We definately need more streams.

Im gonna go against the grain and say Inf v Str8 was the right call. It was potentially a historic moment and relegating it to Twitter updates and postmatch mentions would have been wrong. It would've been nice to get the Optic boost, but that's an artificial viewer increase. It's Stories like Infused that help lead to organic growth.

That said, Optic deserves to be on stream. The fact that UGC can have an unofficial 25k with two omni-view streams, and we can't get anything extra at any official, 200k hcs tournaments doesnt make any sense.

@@Tashi what your take on sidestreams with minimal production? Just need a guy to update the overlay.

i know its beating a dead horse, but iremember mlg would start sunday streams early and pov lock a station to allow you to watch some lb matches leading into the final few rounds which would be casted. why cant we have that? it makes no sense to cram so many important matches into one time slot to get through the bracket. if you have to run multiple top 12/8 matches at one time to end the stream on time, then the issue is with your time management. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

if our biggest issue this weekend is not having a second stream i'll count that as a W in my book

so far so good, i think they are moving to a bigger main stage today as well

i also edited @@ssbChad 's halo title belt chart, will splyce finish 2018 on top or will OG redeem themslves? will nV clutch up? liquid out of nowhere?

BCUdbwJ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Whoever wins winners will win denver, don't see NV beating OG/Splyce unless they wake up.

my predictions

1 OG

2 SPY

3 NV

4 TL

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was such a nice weekend so far. I've come to realize that it's impossible to not love Halo on LAN. I love the trash talk, drama, and close games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really have to disagree on this point. We had str8/inf on stream while optic/tl olay side station then tl/infused for top 4 was on a side station too is a huge L to me. These arent early lb matches, these set up todays game and we have barely seen these teams play on stream if we've seen them at all. Top 8 matches on stream should be a given. I'll say it again, it must suck sponsoring a top halo team knowing that you may never appear on stream. @@LethuL had every right to be pissed that his team had been pushed off main stage and pissed as well

That said EU top 6 is awesome to see even though that match was side station. Hopefully it ends the "eu is trash" mantra some people cling to

i'm also disappointed OG didn't get to play on stream but I understand the logic behind putting inf-str8 on

it was a much better story line and i think it's worth missing out on some viewbots for a literally historic match, especially considering the result it was the right decision in hindsight

with that said they should have had both matches on stream, idk if it would have been possible but i think it would have been worth running late to show those matches

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks for the context here - I really do not see the issue with Naded recording 10 seconds of the backstage and thanking everyone for their hard work? If he was roasting the event and talking trash to the staff that would be one thing. 

I mean it is literally a bunch of guys working the switcher / producing the event, why is this come classified top secret area that bans recording? Seems like overkill. (Not saying everyone at the event should be able to hover over their shoulders recording them) 

I guess when Naded said "We can still see through the crack" it pissed the guy off? Still weird lol. 

Probably fucking around assuming some of their "production line" is proprietary and unique to how they do things. 

NV is a frustrating team to cheer for, especially when they are capable of winning at any event they go too. They always come out slow the first 2 days of an event. Somebody on that team or the coach need to take some sort of initiative to prepare differently once they arrive the event or change some sort of common routine. Again, I'm not talking preparation before the event, just during.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we are taking the quake stage today which has a more traditional  stage design. That being said, it is in a smaller area and you can only sit in the stands. The crowd will look a lot bigger today since it was really spread out Friday/Saturday with them giving halo half of the event center to run the open bracket on the floor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think nV's situation is weird. I mean they know Huke is gonna go to CoD, so maybe having that though in their heads is kinda hindering them maybe????

idk tbh. Maybe nV's just been demoted to hot trash

if our biggest issue this weekend is not having a second stream i'll count that as a W in my book

so far so good, i think they are moving to a bigger main stage today as well

i also edited @@ssbChad 's halo title belt chart, will splyce finish 2018 on top or will OG redeem themslves? will nV clutch up? liquid out of nowhere?

BCUdbwJ.jpg

I feel like this table should somehow acknowledge the amount of event wins for the several blocks combined. For example, Status Quo won one event from 2012 March - October, yet they get 8 blocks. Just seems wrong and deceiving. Maybe different color'd backgrounds could represent the number of events won in that time period? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

i think nV's situation is weird. I mean they know Huke is gonna go to CoD, so maybe having that though in their heads is kinda hindering them maybe????

idk tbh. Maybe nV's just been demoted to hot trash

TIL consistent top 3 finishes is "hot trash".

I feel like this table should somehow acknowledge the amount of event wins for the several blocks combined. For example, Status Quo won one event from 2012 March - October, yet they get 8 blocks. Just seems wrong and deceiving. Maybe different color'd backgrounds could represent the number of events won in that time period? 

that's a good thought, it would provide a lot more context

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also think that if there's one team that has a chance at cracking a surprise top 4, it's Luminosity.

So fking close man :(((
  • Upvote (+1) 2