CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LG getting 16th would be insane. Idk if you havent been watching scrims but theyve been doing really well overall lately.

I  got them getting upset rd 1 vs Str8, then losing to eRa in losers.

Only thing annoying about the EU team stuff is that they can compete in America, but American pros can't compete over there. Seems unfair.

The thing is every EU open LAN over the last 18 months has been a regional qualifier. I personally would love to see some NA teams come over, it would be hype as fuck.

Also loving the twitter salt lol

My predictions (champ bracket only)

WGBGTTg.png

I think optic knocks splyce to losers in wb finals but splyce will ultimately win

also gg eu for making it through open!

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can't hate on stuff like this or say people aren't "classy".

This is what makes the open bracket so amazing.  I remember back in H3/Reach and going to events and having to play people you absolutely HATED.  Most of the time you didn't have a good reason for hating them, other times you did.  But nothing is more satisfying than beating them and standing up, looking over the monitors and telling them how much they suck.

Yea I get it. Not really trying to hate on him. It was just funny. If I were in his position I would probably be doing the same thing hahah.

The thing is every EU open LAN over the last 18 months has been a regional qualifier. I personally would love to see some NA teams come over, it would be hype as fuck.

This is why I would love to see the Worlds Final for 2018 take place in London in either the Gfinity Arena or Wembley. Two venues more than capable of hosting it and the community here would come out in force to support it! I know time difference is annoying but compromise can be found I'm sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My Predictions for round 1 of the championship bracket

Team EnvyUs vs Check 6 - Team EnvyUs

Cryptik vs Infused - Infused

Splyce vs eRa - Splyce

LG vs Str8 - Str8

OG vs exceL - OG

Ronin vs Supremacy - Ronin (although very close series)

TL vs Radiant - TL

EG vs Vexed - Vexed

Vexed have played 70 games in the past 4 days of scrims. EG have played 13 (unless I have missed some). That's may reasoning for Vexed winning tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Could anyone do the honors of filling me in? I haven't really payed attention to the scene for the past 6 months or so. What's the state of the game? What's the state of the community? Any up and comers? Any vets retire? Anyone come back? Is optic still uncontested #1?

It'd def be nice to allow a few NA teams to go to some open EU tournaments. Mainly because we would be giving them more opportunities to get on the same level as American pros if they got to play more with them. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

There's been at least 3 listen ins that I've heard. Not sure if we are listening to the same broadcast... I agree there should be more though.  

I also think Knighty is being too stiff.  Trying too hard to be professional.  Be a little more fun!

We should've had a listen in for Blue Esports 100%, I'll remember that in the future. I also agree I can focus a little too much on the game and what I want the audience to know before I make it entertaining, I appreciate the constructive criticism.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Could anyone do the honors of filling me in? I haven't really payed attention to the scene for the past 6 months or so. What's the state of the game? What's the state of the community? Any up and comers? Any vets retire? Anyone come back? Is optic still uncontested #1?

Someone may give a better answer but basically -- viewership / community is shrinking a bit.  A new weapon tuning update is coming soon and will probably be effing terrible.  Worlds 2018 and LAN functionality were announced; also probably a new TO for 2018.  

Ninja transitioned to PUBG; Victory X and Heinz appear to be semi-retired or at least not trying to get on AM teams.  Demon D and Hysteria are back, on top AM teams; Naded also un-retired for the 873rd time.  Top AM player is probably Articc?  Splyce won the last event and Shotzzy is pretty ridiculous atm.  OpTic is barely still considered #1, I think, but they have to win this event ...

LG getting 16th would be insane. Idk if you havent been watching scrims but theyve been doing really well overall lately.

Imagine predicting a team with APG on it to do worse on LAN than they're doing online.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is why I would love to see the Worlds Final for 2018 take place in London in either the Gfinity Arena or Wembley. Two venues more than capable of hosting it and the community here would come out in force to support it! I know time difference is annoying but compromise can be found I'm sure.

Worlds held in EU would be amazing and im sure many NA pros would enjoy the chance to get further afield. Timing would be an issue for sure.

We’ve played 70 games in the last 4 days? Damn we need lives

Nah man. love the grind.  Seems like getting some time in against NA teams is paying off.