CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LoL is literally 100% ran and supported by riot and it is the most popular game in the world.

True, but not the whole story, before LCS, LoL was thriving without Riot. The IEMs were hype as fuck, there was a lot of tournaments before Riot came and fucked everybody and imposed the LCS.

LoL was growing at an exponential rate before Riot decided that they should control everything, they even tried to impose that LoL players couldn’t stream other games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Smash has far better viewership, a far more active community, and a scene of competitive players who play the game because they love it, not because they are guaranteed stupid amounts of money for placing top 8 in an irrelevant game. 

Smash is more like a cult and/or fan convention that randomly happens to involve a video game ... literally 95% of players are there for the socializing, they'll play D-tier characters in pools and then do a Mango chant with their friends for 12 hours or whatever

DH Denver Prediction
1. EnVy

2. Optic

3. Splyce

4. Liquid

5. Cryptik

5. Luminosity

7. Evil Geniuses

7. Infused

9. Ronin

9. eRa

9. exceL

9. Str8 Rippin

13. CheckSix

13. Supremacy

13. Vexed

13. Radiant

• Upvote (+1) 5

Smash is more like a cult and/or fan convention that randomly happens to involve a video game ... literally 95% of players are there for the socializing, they'll play D-tier characters in pools and then do a Mango chant with their friends for 12 hours or whatever

The Smash community is really passionate about their game, the competitive scene really is mostly a grassroots effort, I find going to locals to be very enjoyable.  I wish Halo had a community like that, 343/MS can pump money into Halo but I always find a passionate community to be infinitely more attractive.

DH Denver Prediction

1. EnVy

2. Optic

3. Splyce

4. Liquid

5. Cryptik

5. Luminosity

7. Evil Geniuses

7. Infused

9. Ronin

9. eRa

9. exceL

9. Str8 Rippin

13. CheckSix

13. Wise

13. Vexed

13. Radiant

Who is on wise?

Who is on wise?

I thought that was still Cloud's team. Rip.

I'll throw Supremacy in there instead.

DH Denver Prediction

1. EnVy

2. Optic

3. Splyce

4. Liquid

5. Cryptik

5. Luminosity

7. Evil Geniuses

7. Infused

9. Ronin

9. eRa

9. exceL

9. Str8 Rippin

13. CheckSix

13. Supremacy

13. Vexed

13. Radiant

Críptic too high and Str8 too low
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Denver Predictions

1.Envy

2.Splyce

3.Optic

4.Liquid

5/6.EG

5/6.LG

7/8.CheckSix

7/8.Ronin

9/12.Str8

9/12.Cryptik

9/12.Infused

9/12.Era

@@Jakerdot

No pressure, but my nuts are swoll as fuck and I think only the DHD Hype Train plowing into my station (what the fuck?) will bring me relief.

Again, no pressure.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

DH Denver Prediction

1. EnVy

2. Optic

3. Splyce

4. Liquid

5. Cryptik

5. Luminosity

7. Evil Geniuses

7. Infused

9. Ronin

9. eRa

9. exceL

9. Str8 Rippin

13. CheckSix

13. Supremacy

13. Vexed

13. Radiant

I agree with all of these except swap xL and Vexed and I don't think radiant will make champ. I also think that if there's one team that has a chance at cracking a surprise top 4, it's Luminosity.

OpTic has won 14 of their last 15 scrims. The one they didn't win was a tie. It amazes me that people still predict them to place outside of the top 2. I get that they've lost the last 2 events, but has this roster ever placed 3rd? 

OpTic has won 14 of their last 15 scrims. The one they didn't win was a tie. It amazes me that people still predict them to place outside of the top 2. I get that they've lost the last 2 events, but has this roster ever placed 3rd?

First time for everything.

right, but not outpacing its current competition (PS4); I'm talking about X360 vs PS3 (where Microsoft was doing much better), not X360 vs XB1

Youre comparing the console that h3 was on to the console h5 is on. 360 vs xb1.

H5 has just as many possible players(actually way more due to increasing attach rate to xbl gold) as h3 did.

Youre comparing the console that h3 was on to the console h5 is on. 360 vs xb1.

H5 has just as many possible players(actually way more due to increasing attach rate to xbl gold) as h3 did.

I wasn't clear, I'm talking about the network effects of most of your friends being on PS4 instead of XB1, that's why the comparison matters so much.  The relative attach rate is more important than absolute numbers; just in my own case, all of my XBL friends are now on PSN playing Destiny 2, so I only keep playing H5 because I'm unable to enjoy other FPS games, really.  

It's 100% true that H5 should be way higher than like the #20 played game on XBL though, this is completely 343's fault for launching an incomplete game (five playlists ... no forge ... etc.) and losing people too quickly.

edit: 

OpTic top 1, no way they're losing three events in a row

Hyped

This was awesome. And I'm not just saying that because I got like 15 seconds of face time in it lol

• Upvote (+1) 1