CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pretty happy with today's news. Still not expecting the MLG miracle but lots of positives. I don't think this is going to help much viewership wise at this stage in H5's life but I hope 343i already realizes this and keeps pushing for H6.

A lot to build on here and it definitely gives me hope looking forward.

i gotta say i'm finally excited going forward.we're making steps to get halo back where it should be and i hope the quality of the hcs follows suit. we may not be back but we're getting there!

gonna laugh when MCC is still broken, UMG is the new TO and you're all mad as shit

here's hoping though

2sFfZQG.gif

Don't forget Overwatch and WoW events.

I think it's gonna be pretty rough going for the Halo 5 population if WWII is good competitively. 

No COD is good competitively - MLG just waves its magic wand over it.

Back when Black Ops came out and COD announced competitive stuff most people laughed because COD is like Halo if Halo is only SWAT and your head is your whole body. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

This announcement has actually gotten me excited for halo again which is a pleasant surprise. Great timing with dreamhack this weekend

• Upvote (+1) 1

Back when Black Ops came out and COD announced competitive stuff most people laughed because COD is like Halo if Halo is only SWAT and your head is your whole body. 

smh

"While we’re incredibly excited by this opportunity to go back under the hood with MCC, it’s not going to be easy nor is it going to happen overnight. To help facilitate this process we’re planning to roll out a public “flighting” program for MCC to allow for iterative patches and updates while testing in the wild at large scale. Right now, we’re targeting kicking this off next spring and when the time comes we’ll need the support of our community to help test and provide feedback at large scale as we work to update and improve MCC. We’ll share additional details and timing as plans are locked."

was this stated during the livestream?

Sad to think if we'd had a beta MCC would have never have shipped in the condition it was in.

NEXT SPRING?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whilst that analogy is hilarious, I thought Black Ops 3 and especially 2 were quite excellent for competitive gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey everyone, thanks for joining us today. I hope today's announcements has everyone excited for what's next. We still have more details to share, and lots of work to do - but I'm also really pumped to see everyone in Denver and see who takes the season title.

You came! Great to see you dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey everyone, thanks for joining us today. I hope today's announcements has everyone excited for our partnership with MLG next!

Wow you’re the best

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hey everyone, thanks for joining us today. I hope today's announcements has everyone excited for what's next. We still have more details to share, and lots of work to do - but I'm also really pumped to see everyone in Denver and see who takes the season title.

Please keep up this effort and improvement into Halo 6. Halo 5 HCS viewership might be doomed, but we promise that if you deliver in Halo 6 (and 343 delivers with a reasonably good game) that viewership will rise. In the meantime, PLEASE start building storylines!!! Extremely crucial.

• Upvote (+1) 1

NEXT SPRING?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Better than never. With a 4k update, mcc is a game that should never have a shelf life.

I just uninstalled mine for space. Hoping it will be worth it to put it back on

• Upvote (+1) 2

Besides local server, I'm most excited about what appears to be an actual feedback loop forming between 343 and the community.

These last few weeks, I've got a genuine sense that leaving us completely in the dark is a thing of the past. Keep it up!

If you are taking suggestions, local server should definately grow into a custom server browser for the next halo. That way the community can curate the social experience, and you all could focus on the ranked and competitive experience.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You really knocked it out of the park! Hope DHD is like what DHATL was minus the first day! Should be a kickass event!

Just to be that guy and point out the flag is on backwards. Pretty sure the australian one is too. 

That flag is symmetrical so how can it be backwards? :thinking:  Regarding the US flag it is tradition wearing the flag backward on uniforms to get the feel the flag is flying in the breeze as the person wearing it moves forward.

I really hope MLG runs open events with Gears and Halo together for 2018. My body is ready. Even if we dont get MLG back though I think a true Oddball gametype and weapon tuning will bring me back to Halo 5 until Halo 6. The stream today gave me the itch to sign into my Team Beyond account, post, and play Halo again. Well done 343. Hopefully they don't disappoint after all this hype. Cautious optimism.

• Upvote (+1) 5