CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yea, I think bringing the MCC back up in such a public way (the update is all over my twitter right now), means that they are certain the update will have the game functioning as it should have on launch.

I'm really curious to see how this could change the Halo scene moving forward. There's no way there will be any HCS events ran on MCC, but I'm wondering if any independent tournaments will spring up.

Either way, it looks like Halo 6 news won't be coming for some time, and we'll be watching more Halo 5 events. Nevertheless, it makes you wonder what changes are going to be made to Halo 5's core engine for 6, or if the lack of talk for 6 means the game is going to launch with a robust set of features.

I can't bring myself to be happy over MCC updates. It's done and over with if you ask me.

if you're still posting on this forum about halo 5 of all things, you will 100% reinstall mcc when it's fixed. maybe you aren't excited right now, but you will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The phrase "pro's saying" in regards to the Halo community is a bit of an oxymoron.

Also, I doubt MLG will be the TO. They're probably fully booked for CWL.

They run CWL and Gears. I don't see why Halo couldn't be run, even if I am skeptical

Quote from Tashi's AMA on the 2017 HWC venue

"For 2018, we want the venue to match the epic scale of a Halo World Championship Finals event with $1,000,000 on the line. In 2017, we did not hit that mark."

And on crowd funding:

"A portion of all REQ pack proceeds will contribute to event prize pools in 2018 after the HaloWC 2018 Finals. As always, for team skins, a split of the proceeds will go directly to the team organizations. While we won't have a live tracker, we understand the importance and would love to support a feature like this in the future."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Youre excited for getting a game that has less features than a game that came out 10 years ago. Youre whats wrong with the gaming industry. I dont blame 343 for being lazy and pushing bullshit onto their customers. Its the customers that keep buying into the con that you can remove features from a game, not even repackage them, add them back and people like you think you got a new shiny toy.

oye.  This shit is all far too late.  I totally agree on that.  And most of it should have been in the game at launch, i agree on that too.  But continuing to be so angry about those things once they are corrected isn't a way to move forward and continue with improvement.  When mistakes are corrected, its stupid to say, "Well its about fucking time."  You give credit where its due, and its due right now.  You can continue to be critical about the past, but in a way that is constructive and leads to lessons learned, not further anger.  Your attitude is one of spite, not logic and despite how good being spiteful can feel at times, it never actually accomplishes anything.

90% sure this is happening

Same.  Hope to god anyway. They need to be able to have a 4v4 social playlist that can give people their objective fix but they can't do that with both HCS and Team Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 5

oye.  This shit is all far too late.  I totally agree on that.  And most of it should have been in the game at launch, i agree on that too.  But continuing to be so angry about those things once they are corrected isn't a way to move forward and continue with improvement.  When mistakes are corrected, its stupid to say, "Well its about fucking time."  You give credit where its due, and its due right now.  You can continue to be critical about the past, but in a way that is constructive and leads to lessons learned, not further anger.  Your attitude is one of spite, not logic and despite how good being spiteful can feel at times, it never actually accomplishes anything.

Great point. There's no sense in having undo anger when steps are being made to correct the situation. We need to take the good with the bad, roll with what's being done, and give constructive feedback when it needs to be given. After all we've been through that will probably seem much more difficult than it should be, but it's better to do what is right than what feels easy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you're still posting on this forum about halo 5 of all things, you will 100% reinstall mcc when it's fixed. maybe you aren't excited right now, but you will be.

"While we’re incredibly excited by this opportunity to go back under the hood with MCC, it’s not going to be easy nor is it going to happen overnight. To help facilitate this process we’re planning to roll out a public “flighting” program for MCC to allow for iterative patches and updates while testing in the wild at large scale. Right now, we’re targeting kicking this off next spring and when the time comes we’ll need the support of our community to help test and provide feedback at large scale as we work to update and improve MCC. We’ll share additional details and timing as plans are locked."

was this stated during the livestream?

Sad to think if we'd had a beta MCC would have never have shipped in the condition it was in.

Tashi just responded to my question and confirmed that they will be testing new gametypes after the fall season.

Hopefully that means Oddball.

Wasn't the original reason Oddball couldn't be added in comp setting was because there was no announcer and spawns were messed up? Seems like those issues would be fixed if the gametype is being added in November.

I haven't played Halo 5 since June, and MCC in well over a year I'd guess.

The only time I post here anymore is when I'm bored.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I haven't played Halo 5 since June, and MCC in well over a year I'd guess.

The only time I post here anymore is when I'm bored.

My last Xbox log in was November. All my friends have sold theirs.

I basically have stockholme syndrome with HCS.

gonna laugh when MCC is still broken, UMG is the new TO and you're all mad as shit

here's hoping though

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They run CWL and Gears. I don't see why Halo couldn't be run, even if I am skeptical

Don't forget Overwatch and WoW events.

Yeah 343 had to do something, WW2 is about to drop and I fear for the H5 population

I think it's gonna be pretty rough going for the Halo 5 population if WWII is good competitively. 

Surely MCC is gonna have to be on Games With Gold to even get a decent population to touch that game again. Wish there was a PC port too :(

gonna laugh when MCC is still broken, UMG is the new TO and you're all mad as shit

here's hoping though

Your profile picture  :tear: