CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The whole point of nerfing the AR was reduce it's insane fucking range and they basically nullified that by reducing the spread and I can guarantee the damage nerf will hardly be noticeable.

Sounds too me like we are back exactly where we started before they nerfed the AR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright ARmchair analysts.

Can we cool it without knowing any numbers or ever having played with it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The whole point of nerfing the AR was reduce it's insane fucking range and they basically nullified that by reducing the spread and I can guarantee the damage nerf will hardly be noticeable.

Sounds too me like we are back exactly where we started before they nerfed the AR.

I thought they said they reduced the spread from what it was when they nerfed it, to what it was before the nerf. So the spread is the same as the original AR with less damage. Did I hear that wrong? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHAT

THE

FUCK

What does it mean though? I can't wait for fixes, but what are they working on fixing?

I'm pumped though, I'll take anything at this point. Imagine if they fixed Halo 2? Imagine if they somehow fixed Halo 1?

Feel like half this stream could have been summed up in a tweet saying we will announce more stuff soon

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone word if playing H5 on the new xbox will stop forge map frames being horrible?

Also Infused are playing Ronin atm. Currently tied 1-1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just a reminder, Tashi's AMA starts on Reddit in 30 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Realistic expectations for today anyone?

My guesses...

• Overhauled LAN point system structure to HCS, with huge de-emphasis on online play
  • Elimination of two separate, competitive playlists (merge Arena and HCS)
  • New weapon tuning in HCS
  • Mix up of maps and gametypes for HCS

I'm not of the "MLG WHERE" camp, but I do think they'd be most equipped to run a LAN (sort of) tournament structure.

1 - check, @@Tashi confirming that the LAN events are the true way to punch your ticket to HWC 2018. I expect online to be used as seeding (without knowing full details).

2 - not check.

3 - probably check.

4 - huge check, oddball and assault. PLEASE put these in HCS.

Overall, a great day for fans who have felt neglected for months? years? It seems like 343 was so caught up in their sustain updates that they didn't leave room to respond to feedback, and as a result we got what we asked for much later down the road.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Glad to see 343 supporting the Latam scene once again :glasses:

Hopefully Gfinity does a better job with the online qualifiers this time.

Can't wait for all my LATAM Warzone friends to go and tear ish up!

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is prep for Halo 6. There's no way this weapon tuning update LAN and everything else after Halo 5 wasn't made without halo 6 in mind.

Halo 5 was so focused on certain aspects that crucial core aspects were left out. It's really noticeable. You can quote me on this, Halo 6 is going to have all of the stuff that came to Halo 5 and more. I've seen companies do this before.

I think it's part of their decision to take their time on Halo 6. Every day that passes without a true teaser increases the chances that H6 releases in 2019. If that's the case, that means that Halo 5 has over a year left as the premier Halo game. I think everything we saw today (new skins, new mode, fixes, new features, etc) is indicative of continued development and support of H5.