CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hysteria didn't play bad against str8.  Hes getting it back somewhat quick, I don't see him being at top level by Denver but he's playing at top AM level already

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hysteria didn't play bad against str8.  Hes getting it back somewhat quick, I don't see him being at top level by Denver but he's playing at top AM level already

Did he say why he's competing again? With him and Naded back are we getting a little hype train going again? :ace:

Did he say why he's competing again? With him and Naded back are we getting a little hype train going again? :ace:

Shit then when ninja comes back (if he does but seems like hes planning on it) we might see the comeback of VicX, which might come with FiS.... nah imagine.

Also last i heard T2 wasn't too bad on the sticks

Era 3-0'd Str8 in the winner semis, Era vs CheckSix in Winners finals.  I really hope we get Era vs CheckSix at Denver, the listen ins with Naded vs Cratos could be legendary.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah H3 was fucked up. I didn't really like it for the very reasons you mentioned.

BUT H5 drops a bigger ball than H2/3 thanks to SAs which throws off map design and the entire weapon sandbox. In H3, if you turn off equipment, you completely eliminate its influence on the game. If you turn off H5 SAs, your still playing on a maps designed for it, with aim assists intended to counter it.

There is a BIG difference.

Quoted for no other reason than agreement. Not to mention for whatever reason they refuse to incorporate good Forge maps into the mix. They insist on their bullshit "remixes" and bland other maps. And like you said, the design of the maps is to supplement their gimmicky movement and abilities, not to enhance players' skill.

You mean to tell me that you don't like no scoping videos? cmon bruh...

It's so ridiculous just watching no scope after no scope and knowing it's like 95% because of bullshit bullet mag.

H5, just like H4 and H2A is a joke montage wise. 5s multi kills, garbage medal design, easy mode sniper rifle and the poor art style make it impossible to create a decent video. And of course the fact theater is garbage now.

Couldn't really agree more. Also, the editing on this montage was way over the top in my mind. 

Still think this is the best Halo montage intro to date. The timing of its release, the modelling, the song lyrics, the editing when the player model is flying through all the H3 maps gives me chills.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Am I the only one that would prefer REQ crowdfunding to go towards a B stream rather than making the pot bigger?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Still think this is the best Halo montage intro to date. The timing of its release, the modelling, the song lyrics, the editing when the player model is flying through all the H3 maps gives me chills.

Omg that's an amazing montage. Sheesh the transitions were crisp and the FX compared to the  time of release beautiful. great song choices as well. 

bro the bloom and lighting in new halo games takes away from the aesthetic so much. H5 has my least favorite art style of any game i can think of.

H5 for me is okay, but I can see why you hate the lighting. Everything has a shiny feel to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one that would prefer REQ crowdfunding to go towards a B stream rather than making the pot bigger?

I second this. Would make the 30min breaks in between matches more bearable

Why not both? UGC had 25k tourney with a mainstream + UGC Red and Blue. Why can't we atleast get an Unproduced second scream ala UGC red/blue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In my eyes it doesn't even make sense to put anything before H3 montages above them.  Not even trying to argue i understand everyone has different attachments to different eras and different styles.  Just interesting to see all these opinions.

I got into as much as I did because of H3 montages.

Nothing feels as good as those days where you're just going off with the snipe in H3 and don't feel like you can miss.  After watching some of these montages its insane to me that I ever felt like that with that sniper considering how hard it was lol.  Im even more impressed by H3 sniping now than i was back then

Also, where is Kampy?

So what's everybody's guess on the announcement Tuesday? MLG? Reupping with ESL? Maybe going with a different company?

So what's everybody's guess on the announcement Tuesday? MLG? Reupping with ESL? Maybe going with a different company?

MLG and Eleague transform into a super TO and run a $3m LAN league exclusively through Team Beyond's twitch channel.

• Upvote (+1) 8

MLG LAN circuit.

Also hoping this would mean GB ladders for money or something.  Some incentivized ladder system

I'm going to be sort of realistic, I really want an MLG LAN circuit as much as anyone else, and I hope it does happen. However, don't be surprised if they do a LAN circuit with Millennial Esports, or a LAN League with them using the Esports arena in vegas.  

Something like

"We are announcing a new map, specially created for eSports Halo and for the epic gameplay that it'll create in HWC 2018..... RELIC REMASTERED BITCHES!"

• Upvote (+1) 7

My guess is ESL out. They either switch to Gfinity or they'll stick with the smaller TOs they've been dealing with. In either case, they'll switch to an MLG-like pro circut with online ladders.

Either that or the Gears crew forwarded MLGs phone number to 343 and they made the call.

​If they had UGC for US and Gfinity for LATAM/EU I'd be satisifed. And by those two I mean pro LAN circuits with Dreamhack inclusion where applicable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

a £900m annual prize pot including a £500m world championships staged in the Millenium stadium. Monthly MLG open LAN tournaments in all major East Coast cities.

But on a serious note, probably just showing the qualification path to the world championships which is done by 3 open LANs at Dreamhack, as well as a venue confirmation (on the east coast)

Twitch.tv/halo so many g5s, come thru and watch the hype Losers Finals sooooon

• Upvote (+1) 3