CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1 million players, 1 million chinese bot farmers

i don't play PUBG but i hear farming is really common  :huh:

Some triple A dev is gonna make a BR type game and steal the thunder if Bluehole doesn't fix the problems. I dream of a Blizzard made BR game.

I would literally bet $1,000 that at least one AAA dev is frantically pushing a battle royale game through development at this moment.  I've never seen anything like the sudden popularity of PUBG

i don't play PUBG but i hear farming is really common  :huh:

It was for about a month, they made changes to the points you earn to stop the afk farming. Not sure of the details, but I think it requires actually getting a weapon and then engaging in combat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would literally bet $1,000 that at least one AAA dev is frantically pushing a battle royale game through development at this moment.  I've never seen anything like the sudden popularity of PUBG

Oh definitely. My money is on EA or Ubisoft.

-snip-

oh i know, i saw that tweet too, pretty wild

not everyone from asia is a farmer tho  ;)

lol good luck

Honestly, I want Halo 6 to have a battlegrounds mode. They are just so damn fun and addictive. Halo needs something going for it in order to keep its player base longer than a few months. Warzone and req packs failed to accomplish this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I want Halo 6 to have a battlegrounds mode. They are just so damn fun and addictive. Halo needs something going for it in order to keep its player base longer than a few months. Warzone and req packs failed to accomplish this. 

that ... could actually be amazing? 

everyone spawns with a pistol and has to pick up weapons and power-ups on a giant Reach Forge World type map, maybe you could have squad versions as well (four-man, two-man).  this is one gaming trend that I'd actually like to see 343 adopt, and it wouldn't need to take away from other modes ...

• Upvote (+1) 4

EDIT: Actually, freeplay retro stations at events would be incredible. Make the events something actually fun to go to if you're not competing. I think it was UGC who did the H1 stations with the Beach LAN guys? If I had more notice of that I would have flown out to it, that sounded like a blast.

It was UMG Daytona and it was awesome. There were a lot of people involved in making that happen from Strongside/Goldenboy to Proverb and some UMG guys and even Tashi. It seemed like Tashi was really on board with trying to do something like this in the future. I know he was even acquiring his own equipment to LAN on.

This is the only Halo 5 event I went to. I'm sure they vary from each other but in my opinion there needs to be a lot more there for both spectators and players. I had an awesome time playing Halo CE but had an equally awesome time teaching people, watching people, and talking with them about their stories and backgrounds. There were a lot of players who got knocked out of the open rounds on Friday night. All they could really do was watch others, play in the FFA, or come check out Halo CE.

A lot of people there were saying how they wish they could have this but with Halo 2 or Halo 3, which makes me sad a bit when we had Halo CE NHE in front of them, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Logistically it's harder to set up and run those stations, but its something I don't mind doing. Ask the Beach LAN guys that went, I barely played at Daytona. I spent more time trying to rope people into our section and get them playing. Idk why but I always got a lot of enjoyment out of watching and teaching others about the games I love.

Just kind of rambling at this point, but I will reach out to Tashi and see what their plans are. I'm sure that plenty of people would love to play old games at these events on the side. While H2 and H3 are popular that takes more logistically and probably requires others in the community to step up. I just know that based on these past years locations for events, there are local scenes that exist for H1 that can provide the equipment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh i know, i saw that tweet too, pretty wild

not everyone from asia is a farmer tho ;)

lol good luck

Yeah and Its not exclusive to pubg but their loot and crates are ridicously expensive making it the farmers "main" game, I sold one piece of gear for $10 and bought hollow knight with that.

You can buy the game and make the money back by just playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL

Sorry guys, been busy getting everything ready for CWL 2018 (almost ready). 

Im so ready for this coming season. 

LOL

I'm sure you've been busy with OWL stuff/Gears of War stuff as well? 

Poor Clap. 

LOL

does this mean you've finalized hwc 18?

Still am very interested in doing these and expanding them, but we've just had to focus all efforts on the core Halo 5 tournament experience so it has unfortunately taken a back seat. While we just had free play in Daytona (big thanks to Beach LAN guys!), hoping to run 2v2 tournaments on CE in the future. No concrete plans at the moment.

Logistics is a factor as you mentioned. We'll have some stations dedicated to H3 back compat in Denver not only to celebrate the 10 year anniversary and give players more to do after the H5 4v4 is over, but it's also much easier to coordinate.

halo 3 4v4 on lan on the rise again :o

Still am very interested in doing these and expanding them, but we've just had to focus all efforts on the core Halo 5 tournament experience so it has unfortunately taken a back seat. While we just had free play in Daytona (big thanks to Beach LAN guys!), hoping to run 2v2 tournaments on CE in the future. No concrete plans at the moment.

Logistics is a factor as you mentioned. We'll have some stations dedicated to H3 back compat in Denver not only to celebrate the 10 year anniversary and give players more to do after the H5 4v4 is over, but it's also much easier to coordinate.

Thats awesome! I am definitely interested in tournaments in the future but just having it for Free Play was awesome, and it did help let players rotate in and out as they chose, pick the maps and opponents they wanted etc. I unfortunately realize that more people would probably be interested in H2 and H3 despite my opinion with CE 2v2 being the pinnacle of competitive modes, with the benefit of only needing two tv's xbox's (non NHE) to run. Split Screen on H2 and H3 is not great so you either need 8 boxes and tvs' or settle for split screen. It was cool getting a full Halo 5 team to come by and split up and play against each other to prove who was better. I was instigating a lot of that :)

We were stoked to be there and showcase our game to the world. I planned to hit you up on twitter but you beat me here with a response. I'm always willing to help out in any ways I can. Depending on the locations of events I can try to organize or get in touch with people who have equipment. Thank you though for the support, as well as the rest of 343. We've had more opportunity for CE in this past year and a half than we have in the last decade.

Hello there.

https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/918108128348164096

i'm happy for ninja and simms, PUBG is crazy popular in asia too, i think this game has a really bright esports future if they can solve some of their issues

Is it safe to say PUBG has experienced the quickest growth in online MP game history?

I can't think of another game that would have reached 2m+ concurrent less than a year after launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it safe to say PUBG has experienced the quickest growth in online MP game history?

I can't think of another game that would have reached 2m+ concurrent less than a year after launch.

that's probably a safe assumption